GrumpyGat (DayZ)

Severe weather causing visibility issues

Just got back from a work trip yesterday, and decided to see the new patch. Saw rain for the first time and it got me thinking, wouldnt it be cool to see rare weather so extreme that it would require players to seek shelter?

HljwyG4.jpg

Once in shelter, your player will regain his visibility, and begin to recover.

BxLBX9B.jpg

Raincoats and goggles could help counteract the effects, but would become worn and would not protect your shoes and weapons from the elements.

What do you guys think?

• Like 1

It should provide diminished visibility on distance, but shouldn't have water accumulating on the screen.  When it's raining I have never see water droplets obscuring my vision on my eyeballs.  Now if you're wearing a glasses or a helmet with a visor, maye.

Edited by KerrSG1
  • Like 1

It should provide diminished visibility on distance, but shouldn't have water accumulating on the screen.  When it's raining I never see water droplets obscuring my vision on my eyeballs.  Now if you're wearing a glasses or a helmet with a visor, maye.

Water droplets would only occur in 3rd person. much like lens flare is present in 3rd person but not in first.

Edited by GrumpyGat
  • Like 1

Yea I like this idea . I'm sure this is already planned(I hope), cuz the devs are all about realism and they do want to put a temperature system in (eventually).

so if not for loss of visibility , the devs would defly intergrate an extreme weather system so people have to stay warm , especially in very cold storms with rain (and eventually snow ). Bullets would also pull to the left or right over long ranges under strong wind condition.

Maybe even some thick ass fog could be added so you could barely see in front of you , of course it wouldn't happen all the time , just like the passing of thunder / rain , maybe even less cuz fog all the time would get irritating haha .

Edit : please no water droplets in first or third , maybe just if you wear a hat you can see the rain drop off the rim , and for third person not seeing the water droplets wouldn't be an advantage cuz the rain would be heavy enough to reduce visibility regardless of the viewpoint used (at least it should like in real life , as long as there are clouds covering the sun and a little fog).

Edited by Grapefruit kush

It should provide diminished visibility on distance, but shouldn't have water accumulating on the screen.  When it's raining I have never see water droplets obscuring my vision on my eyeballs.  Now if you're wearing a glasses or a helmet with a visor, maye.

Get a buzzcut, go outside in a heavy downpour without a hat and without wiping the water from your face, run around keeping your head forward most of the time, then come back and report how much water you could see on your eyeballs.  :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I think that looks fine as is. Forces you to play in first person where I haven't encountered this issue or take shelter in the nasty weather.

Though I don't think 3rd person should exist at all anyhow

• Like 1

Its should't be in 3rd person... only in 1st. If someone like hardcore mode then its will be more effective as surival cuz limit visible area.

All for this, only id have it in both first and third, whats the point of it if you can just bypass it with a different view. Itd be like the gamma thing again....omg your cheating because you swap to 1st when it rains...blah blah lol :)

Edited by Karmaterror