Sign in to follow this  
wuffi (DayZ)

Did they nerv the weapons?

Because today i was hit from a SKS (i know the sound ;) and all it did was a little bump.

I wasn´t even bleeding nor did i became unconscious.

Without the bump i would not even have noticed the hit because i allso had about 3/4 of

my health left after the hit.

What is nerv?

hqdefault.jpg

On topic: weapons are probably undergoing changes all the time to test for ideal performance and balance.

Edited by Mdogg2005
  • Like 1

Good chance that it actually hit you and damaged something, but yes the weapons are being re-worked. Something I caught on recording with ShadowPlay was where a guy put the sawn off shotgun to my head and missed the shot at point blank. It's more of a hit/miss kind of thing right now. 

Without the bump i would not even have noticed the hit because i allso had about 3/4 of

my health left after the hit.

I am curious, how the hell do you know you had 3/4 of your health left 8l

Bullets can barely clip you and do next to no damage. I've pointblank zombies plenty of times only too see blood squirt out of the side of their shoulder while they still charge at me.

Bullets can barely clip you and do next to no damage. I've pointblank zombies plenty of times only too see blood squirt out of the side of their shoulder while they still charge at me.

There zombies, this should be happening lol. But more to the point they SHOULD be bullet sponges. Only head shots should kill.

It seems items on you soak the damage up before what left over is applied to you ( i was near point blank range shot and took little damage but the bible in my vest was ruined along with 1 other item) Not sure its intended but they do seem to be adjusting systems in regards to damage lately. (not to mention adjusting recoil etc)

It seems items on you soak the damage up before what left over is applied to you ( i was near point blank range shot and took little damage but the bible in my vest was ruined along with 1 other item) Not sure its intended but they do seem to be adjusting systems in regards to damage lately. (not to mention adjusting recoil etc)

It might help to keep the best attachments on your guns till this gets worked out. My ACOG in my pack is now damaged. It was pristine but when a zombie hit me it messed it up.

• Like 1

There zombies, this should be happening lol. But more to the point they SHOULD be bullet sponges. Only head shots should kill.

This is depends on if they are classed as dead zeds or infected living (28 days) type. Although in many of the mods of the mod they do require a direct head shot ( damn sometimes there hard to hit as they have a far more wobbly animation in there movement in say Breaking Point ( a dayz variation mod)

But even if we take them as the infected type ( which there currently hasnt been oficial word on i prefer the dead type) they should take more than they do in regards to bullets unless head shot..)

Edit sorry slightly off topic

Edited by SoulFirez

Hit boxes for zombies should be the same as players? If you shoot a player but the bullet clips the side of his body, you will see blood, but won't do much damage. Just like zombies.

Oh that simple because my vision changed a little bit.

(But i was no dramatic change like usually when i get hit and have the luck to survive it)

And my "healthy" status was no longer there.

But i was still hydrated and energized.

This is depends on if they are classed as dead zeds or infected living (28 days) type. Although in many of the mods of the mod they do require a direct head shot ( damn sometimes there hard to hit as they have a far more wobbly animation in there movement in say Breaking Point ( a dayz variation mod)

But even if we take them as the infected type ( which there currently hasnt been oficial word on i prefer the dead type) they should take more than they do in regards to bullets unless head shot..)

Edit sorry slightly off topic

Rocket commented from the get go that they are rabies-related infected humans. No stronger or more damage resistant than non-infected human beings. They're just aggresive as fook now ;)

Maby he tracked the time it took to get the healthy status?

Rocket commented from the get go that they are rabies-related infected humans. No stronger or more damage resistant than non-infected human beings. They're just aggresive as fook now ;)

Ah ok i wasnt sure he was set in stone on that one as i watched his motion capture video ( ya know them goofing around while working) and he mentioned doing broken neck zeds etc.. But hey ii have been wrong before this wouldnt be the first time...

Still would have thought rabied style would be more shock resistant to bullets ( it usually being shock that kills from bullets when none of the major organs are struck that is ...

But this is another discussion.

Our clothes and inventory are kind of acting as armor and absorbing damage :s

I don't mind our things getting damaged as we take damage, but I also don't like the idea of cans of beans being bullet proof.
I hardly ever bleed these days. It's either I'm fine or dead lol.

Could have hit you in the leg or something not very vital, could have been a ricochet too.

is ricochet really implemented??? or do you just guess?

edit: ok i just researched... ricochet exists in the arma 2 engine. but only if the bullet hits the ground. then there is a probability it bounces up again and continues the path

Edited by Ovomaltine

What is nerv?

hqdefault.jpg

On topic: weapons are probably undergoing changes all the time to test for ideal performance and balance.

This made me think of DBZ Abridged, so much epic.

I've had it happen too. Took an SKS round, no bleeding, just shock and health damage. I'm assuming they are trying to calculate for clothing protection and items being hit.

Edited by SpartanxApathy