Sign in to follow this  
mareak

Can an M24 put into consideration beside the Mosin?

As the title say, Dev can your team put this rifle in the game? 

• Like 2

Well, the M24 ABR is a sniper rifle preferred by some SEAL teams. It is possible the weapon could be added, considering there is already an M4.

No.

Maybe a Remington 700, but no.

• Like 2

Yes that is the same thing I was thinking when I create this post. All those attachment on the M4 can be use on the M24 except the flash light and it use the same ammo as the mosin.  Well hopefully they are being generous, saw this post and on the next team meeting they will table this idea? hehe.. 

No.

But that was way to old man? M24A1 was introduce back in 1988.

Edited by mareak

I'd like to see it at some point, especially if the scope comes off and there is a chance that it will spawn without one.

No.

I just fail to understand why people would say no to more stuff. Remington 700 would be great too, popular rifle and not overly expensive. I just hope they'd do it in multiple calibers and actually introduce proper ammo instead of making every rifle just shoot 7.62x51.

No.

US forces entered chernarus, they would have brought M24s.

I guess weapons like M24 is basics. 

I´m sure this weapon get into the game. Why not?

Only 1 x M24 per SEAL Team deployed.

It´s rare in RL? Ok, than you will only see others on youtube with this weapon and never loot it yourself. :P

Would be nice to have a more modern sniper rifle in 2. But were just at the start, we'll see how the arsenal develops. And can't wait to see the QQ of the sticks and stones only minded folk

It´s rare in RL? Ok, than you will only see others on youtube with this weapon and never loot it yourself. :P

On the contrary, all the Gear Heads will be killing each other to have the M24, while I pick the wounded survivors off one by one from deep in the woods.

More no than yes. First I want to see 25 more pistols added, 20 more hunting rifles, 15 improvised weapons, 10 SMGs and 5 assault rifles that fit the scenario (mostly AKs). Then maybe a very rare M24 with very rare ammo.

• Like 1

First I want to see 25 more pistols added, 20 more hunting rifles, 15 improvised weapons, 10 SMGs and 5 assault rifles that fit the scenario (mostly AKs).

^^this first :beans:

I just fail to understand why people would say no to more stuff.

I´m sure this weapon get into the game. Why not?

Maybe because there are plenty of rifles which would do the exact same things but fit the setting better? The M24 isn't even used by the USMC (the US Army was not in Chernarus) they use the M40 series as their bolt-action.

• Like 1

It would make a lot more sense to have something like a Dragunov instead of a SEAL weapon.

• Like 1

Maybe because there are plenty of rifles which would do the exact same things but fit the setting better? The M24 isn't even used by the USMC (the US Army was not in Chernarus) they use the M40 series as their bolt-action.

This is why i said maybe to a remington 700, which is basically an M24/M40 before the upgrades the army does and it is extremely popular around the world.

More no than yes. First I want to see 25 more pistols added, 20 more hunting rifles, 15 improvised weapons, 10 SMGs and 5 assault rifles that fit the scenario (mostly AKs). Then maybe a very rare M24 with very rare ammo.

Considering the M24 uses 7.62x51mm (or .308) it isn't going to be the rarest ammo around, granted nor will it be very common.

Also, 25 pistols is a lot more than you'd think, I can't even think of 25 pistols that would actually be common, nor 20 hunting rifles, or 15 improvised weapons (They don't need 8 variants of bows/crossbows, and improvised guns really don't seem practical save for something like a flare gun). Likewise, I can think of well more than 5 "assault" rifles which fit the scenario.

In all honesty I would just like a R700 though. Hell, it's almost exactly the same, "M-24" is just the basic military designation for the R700. You could even spray-paint it different colors like the Mosin and SKS to make it look military if you wanted, and give it scope attachments like the real thing.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Big fan of the r700 series rifle platforms, but how common would it really be? I don't know the actual figures, but I would assume since we're talking eastern Europe that other, more local, rifles would/should supplement the "sniper rifle" department. Even as NATO goes, I just don't think you'd see many, if any really.

Only 1 x M24 per SEAL Team deployed.

SEALs aren't the only entity in the US military to use them, even Air Force MPs use them for base defense. That being said, I say no to Sniper Rifles,DMRs, and Anti Material rifles until an ACE style sniper weapon script can be employed to stop COD kids from making this game a shitty sniper sim.

SEALs aren't the only entity in the US military to use them, even Air Force MPs use them for base defense. That being said, I say no to Sniper Rifles,DMRs, and Anti Material rifles until an ACE style sniper weapon script can be employed to stop COD kids from making this game a shitty sniper sim.

Yes I've always wanted them to add a lot more things like wind and bullet rotation (?) and all that real life shit. Seeing as I'm no good sniper in game I would really love it if only disciplined snipers could make a shot to the head from 500+ meters , so that way only people patient enough to learn the sniper art could truly snipe in the game .

Oh yes, I would love to see my favorite rifle into the game :) I'm good with the Mosin Nagat for now though

The R700 and it series is popular among law enforcement agency such as the police department. So I doubt (if we want it to be realistic) that the rifle will be easily found in Chenarus. If there is than it should be R700 to be scarce and hard to found. Unlike the M24 when the UN/NATO forces enter Chenarus to contain the outbreak it will surely (as one of the poster says) be plenty in the Military base or airfield. 

The R700 and it series is popular among law enforcement agency such as the police department. So I doubt (if we want it to be realistic) that the rifle will be easily found in Chenarus. If there is than it should be R700 to be scarce and hard to found. Unlike the M24 when the UN/NATO forces enter Chenarus to contain the outbreak it will surely (as one of the poster says) be plenty in the Military base or airfield. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remington_Model_700#Users

I just don't see the numbers available to warrant it myself. Granted it's wiki as a source but still... If this were stateside, yes, but we're taking eastern Europe. Locally sourced firearms are generally the norm. NATO presense would simply not put enough on ground, small numbers at best, in the 1-5 in an ID BN at best. I don't even think we have any in our BN, just m110's and we have a recon/sniper section. Again though, don't get me wrong, I love the platform but it's just been phased out to very niche roles and numbers.

I just don't see the numbers available to warrant it myself. Granted it's wiki as a source but still... If this were stateside, yes, but we're taking eastern Europe. Locally sourced firearms are generally the norm. NATO presense would simply not put enough on ground, small numbers at best, in the 1-5 in an ID BN at best. I don't even think we have any in our BN, just m110's and we have a recon/sniper section. Again though, don't get me wrong, I love the platform but it's just been phased out to very niche roles and numbers.

The M24 will be drop by western forces whom were send to assist but failed. Thus we can make it scarce for both rifles..

I'd love to see an M110 or other semi-automatic sniper (Especially SVD) but it seems like a lot of people hate the Mosin as is and a semi-automatic rifle designed for marksman/sniper roles would be awful in their minds.

Same thing with RPGs, although an RPG-7 would easily be more common than the FNX-45 and (most likely) the M4A1/Colt Python but it's not really fun when you find an RPG-7 everywhere.

Edited by Chaingunfighter