Sign in to follow this  
-MadTommy

Shopping cart/trolley!

Sounds like an interesting idea, could perhaps be used as a mobile tent, with the drawback that it would be both loud and slow you down.

They would probably have to remove some of its agility when off road, and they would need to have some sort of push action for it. Also maybe a chance when running with one and turning too tightly to tip over and lose some of the gear

I would be pretty disappointed if a shopping cart did not get stuck immediately when pushed onto soft ground.  I'm sure there's plenty of video out there of kids riding those to the end of the pavement and promptly diving over the cart face-first into the grass.  They would still be hella useful for getting supplies to the edge of town, or to a garage full of backpacks that the other half of your team was gathering to help carry everything out of town.  Hopefully when the game is more complete, looting will become a team sport, if it is to be done safely.

pretty much be able to push them around and be able to put 3 rifles in them (special slots for rifles no other items can be put in there) and 10 slots for any item you want, spawn very rare, at random on the road, or very rare aswell at shops, can be put on a V3S

dmejk2.jpg

• Like 1

Let's see what purepassion can say about the use of those shopping carts, seeing as it's him in that picture.

Maybe we could add handtrucks and dollies to this as well?  Something to carry around barrels or heavy car parts when the time comes.

• Like 1

I agree 100%, any modern post-apocalyptic setting absolutely needs shopping carts. Of course it should mostly be for the more practical/realistic uses (moving supplies or bodies, supporting a wounded teammate to walk, even cooking like in the original post), but maybe turning it into a vehicle and things like that could be implemented (probably not though...). Of course these would be essentially immobile if you take them off of the paved road, unless you upgrade the wheels somehow.

Edited by OnionOfShame

I agree 100%, any modern post-apocalyptic setting absolutely needs shopping carts. Of course it should mostly be for the more practical/realistic uses (moving supplies or bodies, supporting a wounded teammate to walk, even cooking like in the original post), but maybe turning it into a vehicle and things like that could be implemented (probably not though...). Of course these would be essentially immobile if you take them off of the paved road, unless you upgrade the wheels somehow.

They'ed be a bitch and a half to take off of a solid/smooth surface.  I dunno if they could be a 'vehicle' persay, but something more along the lines of the bikes in the mod, you find one, you use it till you find something better, and leave it for someone else to use.  Don't think we should be able to 'upgrade' or fix them, just sort of be something disposable to carry a lot of loot or heavy loot, IE car parts or bulky stuff.  Would think they should reduce the speed of them as well, IE you could only go run speed while 'sprinting' with the cart and walk speed the rest of the time (even slower off road, and of course only being able to sprint for short periods).  They should be somewhat abundant (at least in certain areas) and disposable/easily replaced.