Sign in to follow this  
acapona

A cheeky trick to SUPERZOOM your weapon sight/scope (video)

A quick tip on how to zoom your weapon scope/sight much further than you can normally - a must watch for long range sniping!

Hope you enjoy! Drop a like, a comment or maybe even a subscribe if you're feeling generous and you wish to see more quicktips in future!

• Like 6

oh i didn't know that... but why should it be an exploit? if someone always plays with a low field of view because he likes to, is he instantly an exploiter?

• Like 1

Thanks for showing an exploit.

Really?

Anything that changes the game for anyone else is instantly cheating or a exploit?

He changed a game setting in the options menu, grow up ffs.

• Like 2

oh i didn't know that... but why should it be an exploit? if someone always plays with a low field of view because he likes to, is he instantly an exploiter?

it's an exploit because it's basicly enhancing the scope

So if it is Not intended to be adjusted why is this option showing? I understand that the gamma beigthness thing to see at night could be exploiting but why do you think there is even an option for point of view?

They need to fix this. Not by making the zoom any less intense, but by putting the highest FoV on par with the lowest.

They need to fix this. Not by making the zoom any less intense, but by putting the highest FoV on par with the lowest.

The option is there so that you can have a wider field of view or a much smaller focused one, making them the same at all ends of the spectrum renders the option useless?

If you want the middle ground, move it to the middle?

If you want extremely focused or extermely wide range of view set it to one or the other ends?

This setting the guy shows in the vid is hardly something you would want inside buildings therefore the opposite end would be considered exploiting in that situation.

Your making a trade off no matter what you select, the option is there to allow players to play with what suits them best.

People ask for more customisation then complain about it when they get it because someone isnt playing to their specs so it must be cheating.

Its about as valid as complaining about the use of 3rd person viewing on a 3rd person server.

• Like 3

I use this when i pick up a long range scope, while using a short range M4, just as a means to find people since there are no binoculars and i could use the scope to look through in real life. Plus, i don't KOS, or snipe, so consider yourself lucky if i spot you instead of a KOSer.

Using the super low FOV to KOS people though is fucking low as shit.

Edited by Thane

The option is there so that you can have a wider field of view or a much smaller focused one, making them the same at all ends of the spectrum renders the option useless?

If you want extremely focused or extermely wide range of view set it to one or the other ends?

This setting the guy shows in the vid is hardly something you would want inside buildings therefore the opposite end would be considered exploiting in that situation.

Your making a trade off no matter what you select, the option is there to allow players to play with what suits them best.

People ask for more customisation then complain about it when they get it because someone isnt playing to their specs so it must be cheating.

Its about as valid as complaining about the use of 3rd person viewing on a 3rd person server.

Right, that's why it shouldn't be exploited to get advantage over people who don't want it around, if we don't want people looking over walls at us, we go in hardcore.

FoV should be set in an external options menu, and then locked once you join a server. 

Changing the FOV to this extreme also misaligns the mildots on various scopes ;)

Right, that's why it shouldn't be exploited to get advantage over people who don't want it around, if we don't want people looking over walls at us, we go in hardcore.

FoV should be set in an external options menu, and then locked once you join a server. 

Yeah, and then make it so everyone has to use the same key configuration, mouse sensitivity, aspect ratio... Make everyone spend the same amount on a computer so everyone runs the game on the same settings. I'm exploiting the game because I bought a mouse that has an additional TWO BUTTONS compared to conventional mice. I'm exploiting everything up in this game. 

Don't be a Duh.

• Like 1

the fov shouldn't change the zoom it should only change your peripheral vision like it does in all other games.  This is not a good implentation of FOV and I hope it gets fixed down the road.  Bascially it zooms in all axis, it should only zoom horizontally when changed.  But while it is like this, and seeing that the draw distance is pretty pathetic I don't see a problem with using it to see further.

• Like 1

I think fov should be locked to default while aiming regardless of the fov the user is using.

Really?

Anything that changes the game for anyone else is instantly cheating or a exploit?

He changed a game setting in the options menu, grow up ffs.

The reason he said that was because changing your FOV should not be affecting your scope zoom. In the mod it was not like this and should not be like this on SA. Although I am not sure if it was intentional or not.

torinx your missing the point of what hes saying -_- 

he saying it isnt an explot. your handicapping yourself when you do this. yes it boost your zoom but now you have NO peripheral vision. using an pu scope for example. zoom it in and make it so you have better view distance with the scope eliminates the chance of spotting somthing running at you. make it so you have a quake style view lowers the view distance but then you can see pretty much anything creeping on you. its YOUR choice how your settings are.  its a  "this oatmeal is too hot, but this oatmeal is too cold. but THIS oatmeal is just right" 

This reminds me of an epic post where a guy said he could make you run faster... than explained how to do it using FOV settings.

It was glorious..  

Please continue to argue this. I will read with glee :D

Edited by lrish
  • Like 1

Thanks for showing an exploit.

stop the fucking whining ..im sure you are one of the idiots looting servers, so just stay calm and surf away...

Maybe such low FOV shoudn't be allowed and the minimum FOV should be limited to match a real person view, so the minimum FOV would be a real view and more FOV will allow you to see more degrees. 

This isn't so much an exploit as a rather clunky and somewhat shit way of getting around the fact that ironsight zoom is broken. If you check the 'zoom' level of both the scope and the surroundings prior to the FOV change, you'll find them both at the same level, even though the PU scope that he's using should have a fixed 3.5x magnification. Reducing the FOV gives you something akin to that magnification at the cost of peripheral vision around the scope.

This can be fixed in one of two ways;

1) Implement what we see in the Arma 3 video (i.e. scope zooms correctly, periphery vision stays the same) - This would be preferable to 2)

2) Force the FOV to zero when 'looking down the sights' for scoped weapons. This would replicate what we see in the video without going through the menu to manually change the FOV.