Sign in to follow this  
Rancor

0.36.115297 rolling out on experimental just now

I don't even know what you are talking about.

Does that mean we will be having 100 players servers?

Someone posted a link to Rocket's twitter, which had other conversations with idiots about medical equipment. I can see how I lost you.

Bunnies still immortal on experimental.

Don't care if they're immortal as long as they dezombify them..

• Like 2

Meh.

100 slot servers will be too expensive, just look at the cost for the 40 slots we have now. Then there's the fact that you will have some serious crowding issues, I know chernarus is big, but 100+ players will start to make it feel a lot smaller(of course I realize this is what some[maybe most] people want).

I personally would prefer to see them make other things work first, like respawning loot and infected, many more infected.

I guess maybe the game is going in a different direction then I expected, pure death match except without balance, o well.

Regards.

It's just a stress test to understand what they can do with the new server side optimisation, guys.

Chill out. They won't probably give us 100 people servers now, without further updates.

But remember that in the end, at the final release, 100-120 was planned as the goal.

Not yet, apparently. Maybe this afternoon/evening, maybe tomorrow, maybe next week.

Who knows.

I guess they did not add what they really wanted to in this version, yet.

Edited by Gugolas

they shouldn't attempt this until stuff respawns...

Why?  Any reasoning?

If they can't test elements on an experimental branch of an alpha patch when can they?  People saying that they should/shouldn't do things on an experimental alpha patch need their logic recalibrated.

Edited by MadTommy

Does that mean we will be having 100 players servers?

No.

we will get servers with Tomatoe slots.

Nah, srly, yes.

Why are they doing that?? First time they got some spare performance, and they implement 100 player servers?

Sure it's nice, but loot and zombie respawn is so much more important, why is that not implemented first? now it's gonna be "not enough performance" again...

after the first few weeks which were fine I seriously start to doubt the prioritizing of the dev team :(

Damn, read tweets and reddit and this whole thread before posting.

Respawn of loot and/or zeds is currently beeing worked. It was planned for last week, but there were critical issues.

And this might be just a stress test to performances, not a real implementation. They also doubled zeds in internal testing the day before yesterday, but they didn't in experimental, they preferred to see what would happen with players instead of AI. They are just testing.

Wait for a changelog to comment what they are going to implement: there's a reason if there is no changelog yet.

• Like 2

Ok, so I've downloaded the experimental and I only see the standard servers and nothing else....  What did I screw up? lol

Why are they doing that?? First time they got some spare performance, and they implement 100 player servers?

Sure it's nice, but loot and zombie respawn is so much more important, why is that not implemented first? now it's gonna be "not enough performance" again...

after the first few weeks which were fine I seriously start to doubt the prioritizing of the dev team :(

Well, as it has only been explained a quadrillion times... in a dev team, there are different "departments" dealing with different things. For example there is a team for server performance (creating 100-man servers) and a team for coding new content (making loot/zeds respawn)... these things happen simultanously and some things need more time than the other

Ok, so I've downloaded the experimental and I only see the standard servers and nothing else....  What did I screw up? lol

You have to search the experimental servers, as you would search for a normal but specific server. Use the filter.

Well, as it has only been explained a quadrillion times... in a dev team, there are different "departments" dealing with different things. For example there is a team for server performance (creating 100-man servers) and a team for coding new content (making loot/zeds respawn)... these things happen simultanously and some things need more time than the other

QFT

Maybe there should be a sticky at the forums, or a pop-up every time you enter it :)

On Topic. I havent discovered any new items or mechanics yesterday. IS something new in the patch ? 

Was up 'till late on the server 0-1 80 slots hardcore

The performance is immense.

On the negative side, whenever a player with horrible latency problems tries to login, everyone suffers until he time's-out with the 10k desync.

So far, regarding stability, the mentioned is the only issue. All the rest seems to be greatly improved.

Suffice to say that with all settings at Custom MAX I get the same performance in experimental as I get now in production hive with High settings.

Great to read that all hardware major companies got interest in the game and gave it a great push.

Now, onto the damn netcode and please just please, make a buffer zone for new server connections instead of immediatelly trying to connect them, as these huge latency players completely messes up everyone else for an entire minute.

Also I really like people who are know nothing about game design saying they shouldn't test this or that before implementing this or that. Your argument along with that about how to really test network and server stress was very detailed and mind opening.... oh wait. 

seems like a cool thing to test out, my need for a changelog is also rising .. but suppose we must just wait! xD

Don't care if they're immortal as long as they dezombify them..

Why cant they just let them rabbits make random gunshot sounds. That way it would be even more exiting and even heart attack inducing.

Edited by degoe