Damnyourdeadman

Whole map

I like having the map in several pieces, gives me more stuff to find.

To me the game is about finding stuff you need, not about having it.

yeah, well, it kinda defeats the purpose of having the map in the firstplace, if you need to turn the whole Chernarus inside out to even find all the pieces for it, now doesn't it?

i mean, honestly, i think it would be the same thing to not have maps at all.

Edited by komadose

yeah, well, it kinda defeats the purpose of having the map in the firstplace, if you need to turn the whole Chernarus inside out to even find all the pieces for it, now doesn't it?

I don't think it defeats the purpose at all.

Try looking at it fom a new player's perspective, someone who doesn't know the map like the back of his hand. Finding a map piece of the area you are in would be really helpful, and going beyond it's borders would feel like you are really exploring a new area.

I don't think it defeats the purpose at all.

Try looking at it fom a new player's perspective, someone who doesn't know the map like the back of his hand. Finding a map piece of the area you are in would be really helpful, and going beyond it's borders would feel like you are really exploring a new area.

i actually played without the online map when i was new. i found a piece of map very rarely, and i had no idea what part of the complete map it was, not to mention if i was located anywhere near the part of the map myself. it wasn't helpful to me at all.

btw, do you always find a piece of map of your current location, or can you find a piece of map from the opposite side of the complete map?

i actually played without the online map when i was new. i found a piece of map very rarely, and i had no idea what part of the complete map it was, not to mention if i was located anywhere near the part of the map myself. it wasn't helpful to me at all.

btw, do you always find a piece of map of your current location, or can you find a piece of map from the opposite side of the complete map?

The idea is to use proper navigation skills, find north, seek high ground, look for landmarks and then use the map to figure out where you are. I miss the days when I could still get lost.

You can find map pieces from other locations than the one you are in.

Let me go ahead and say I'd rather have tourist maps in pieces, since it would be more realistic that way. Topographic maps are huge and wouldn't be in 4 pieces for 1 select area. In my map reading class, our topographic maps are HUGE and cover the same (if not more) area as Chernarus.

Why don't we just end this useless conversation and ask the devs to put in , not only tattered pieces of maps like there is now , but also a very rare chance to find a whole map . I do agree with the O.P in the fact that it is just weird to find perfect pieces of a map but not the whole thing , my idea on this is that the devs wanted to make it seem like chernarus is a much bigger continent. But I don't care about that , just give us a rare chance to find full maps and also give us uncommon pieces of map spawns like there is now . That Is all. SMOKE.

Edit : yes maps are big but that's why they are FOLDED haha ( and not to mention scaled , so you could technically have a very small map of Cherno like the maps in backs of books , you just might not be able to see every little detail .. )

Edited by Grapefruit kush

People are using online maps. We need a solution so they use the in game map. Imo.

see my previous post with links and just commit the map to memory and use your landnav skills. Take you all of a week tops to have the map down pat. Maps in game, novelty item, that is all.