Sign in to follow this  
shurka

Zombies have to yell phrases and words in Russian.

I'd suggest that zombie soldier shouted "уебу сука!" during the chase. It should scream like shouting hurray, but hoarsely.

• Like 1

Are you referring to how ghouls in the fallout series can mumble certain phrases like die or kill? I do not know the full extent of what the virus in dayz does to a human host, but so far it seems like the zombies are unable to speak in anyway. All they emit are growls, screaches, screams, yells that all sound animal like. I dont think it would be a good idea to add infected that can speak, however it is an interesting idea.

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Their brains must generate the remaining thoughts.

This dog may growl, and zombies once thought and said.

Edited by Uralbalbez

Is it just me? I noticed one of their growls sounds like "Get out of here!"

Never heard that before.. probably killed them to fast, but all I hear are the animal like yells. Maybe the virus could control the human to a certain extent but the host knows what they are doing and are unable to control it. Kind of like the flood from Halo, but not a visible form of virus.

Their brains must generate the remaining thoughts.

Repeating the same words they said and/or the thoughts they had before they succumbed to the infection?

Edited by AlexeiStukov

disclaimer: Not my video. One of my all time favorite games, and this from my favorite mod (Oblivion Lost). These zombies were just static in the vanilla, but were added in a number of mods. I always found it creepy that they lurched towards you while talking.

Edited by Zhrike
  • Like 1

Well, i wouldn't mind, i don't speak Russian or know Russian, so i'd think they are still saying gibberish :P

I like the kind of noises Z make. You can sense emotions in their cries. There is the "i think i saw something" scream, the " i definately saw something" enthousiastic scream, the "im gaining on you and gonna get you" grunts and last but not least, the dissapointed scream when you lose them. The noises also remind me of the sounds primates make, as if the Z devolved mentally.

Repeating the same words they said and/or the thoughts they had before they succumbed to the infection?yes

yes. the thoughts they had before they succumbed to the infection

Edited by Uralbalbez

What are these, headcrab zombies? Last thing we need is a horde of stenches shuffling around screaming 'Yeah Buddy!'

I hate talking zombies, every since I saw "return of the living dead ". Zombies are much scarier (?) when they are dehumanized by having no speech , just animal - like yells haha.

disclaimer: Not my video. One of my all time favorite games, and this from my favorite mod (Oblivion Lost). These zombies were just static in the vanilla, but were added in a number of mods. I always found it creepy that they lurched towards you while talking.

Nice!

One of my all time favourite games/mods as well! Man I dug that Kriss Super V.

Never heard that before.. probably killed them to fast, but all I hear are the animal like yells. Maybe the virus could control the human to a certain extent but the host knows what they are doing and are unable to control it. Kind of like the flood from Halo, but not a visible form of virus.

It sounded like a longer mumbling growl with the same amount of syllables as "Get out of here." I thought it was kinda cool they were warning me to get away. 

Perhaps I drink too much. =P

Edited by MCPO Bishop
  • Like 1

I like the kind of noises Z make. You can sense emotions in their cries. There is the "i think i saw something" scream, the " i definately saw something" enthousiastic scream, the "im gaining on you and gonna get you" grunts and last but not least, the dissapointed scream when you lose them. The noises also remind me of the sounds primates make, as if the Z devolved mentally.

I was thinking how nice it would be to hear an occasional zombie cry out for "Brains" in russsian.  Then I read this post and realized "this guy has got it!"  If only the game were to incorporate a tad more motivation to the zombie parts and perhaps a couple more noises, prerhaps a feeding noise after a kill.  you could listen to it for a while after going unconcious..

I like the idea of speaking zombies because it makes them look a lot more like infected.

• Like 1

I believe zombies should declaim American Consitution. FUCK YEAH!

Heh. Yeah "Get out of here stalker!" sigh.. love the Stalker games, I see they have their MMO in development "survarium" (the original developers lost the name to another company, worth reading up). As to speaking zombies.. nah, they are pretty effective at the moment. Sometimes they dont make any noise at all until they are going to chomp you from behind, and thats pretty freaky. Might be good though to have more "shamblers" wandering around in small groups.. or ankle biters crawling around missing their legs, nothing more fun than sneeking up and Axing them all >>  . No language for zombies for me, screams and howls and grunts are fine. I will just be happy when they run around buildings instead of through them :D

• Like 1

No, I really don't imagine zombies in DayZ as slow-trotting meatbags that mumble stuff while taking a 30-minute stroll towards a bored player. I imagine them more of a raging-hulking-sprinting beasts that don't have the time to speak, because their mouth is filled with your flesh.