housedyourpiece

I have been playing for 4 hours and have yet to find a weapon

I don't know if I am in bad servers, or I am just looking the wrong spots. Every house I go to Loot is already open and empty. The only thing close to a weapon I have found is a Canteen. Lol

This game is meant to make your gametime miserable. Embrace it, that's the fun part. 

• Like 1

If doors are open then generally they've already been searched simply move on to one that seemingly hasn't.

I say seemingly because some people will set traps by closing the doors of a house and hiding. If you're looking for a rifle in houses then you wont find one.  Unlike the mod, weapons of that type are restricted to military areas (like Balotta Airfield) or prisons and in small numbers. Out of the pistols you'll more commonly find .357 Magnums than FX35's or whatever the other pistol's called in civilian areas.

Keep searching fella.

I don't know if I am in bad servers, or I am just looking the wrong spots. Every house I go to Loot is already open and empty. The only thing close to a weapon I have found is a Canteen. Lol

Wait until the loot is loot respawning mechanic is added.

Try to leave the coastal areas and you will find more loot. I personally would press my luck with some farmhouses according to the new loot tables. After my former secret-hint "cars" has fallen off the loot tables for now.

• Like 1

If doors are open then generally they've already been searched simply move on to one that seemingly hasn't.

This is the reason I run around Elektro opening doors on a newly restarted server.

• Like 2

Working as intented.  :thumbsup: Edited by Zeppa
  • Like 1

Move inland, refer to dayzdb.com for a map.

Most villages and towns have signs.

Read them for position reference.

Survive and adapt.

When your character is mature enough the game will provide you a gun.

Ramen!

• Like 2

http://orcz.com/DayZ_Standalone:_Piano_House - the piano house contains usually bullets and at least 1 of the following: Mosin, shotgun or SKS

http://orcz.com/DayZ_Standalone:_Office_Building - School / office buildings will contain guns, ammo and the odd attachment on floor 3 in the only room that you can enter and also on the roof *Careful, Snipers always watch these buildings*

http://dayz.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_station - Fire house has usually at least 2-3 melee weapons downstairs *Usually the fire axe which kills everything* the odd pistol on floor one in the corners of the room, RARELY a clip of bullets on floor 3 if you follow the stairs up and if you bother to climb on the very top of the building which no one seems too, you always find a decent amount of bullets *Usually 2-3 boxes of ammo*

• Like 1

Your doing it wrong. I would tell you how to do it right, but I don't want you looting my root.

Since the patch, I have been finding the most weapons I ever have. Obviously this is dependent on the condition of the server and how bad it's been looted. With that being said, I firmly believe your chances of finding a weapon have never been higher. It takes time to learn all the right places to look. give the game some time and you'll be a pro before you know it. Now stop whining and put forth some effort. 4hrs is nothing. Make one knowledgeable friend in game and you'll learn so much more at a exponential rate.

I say seemingly because some people will set traps by closing the doors of a house and hiding. If you're looking for a rifle in houses then you wont find one.  Unlike the mod, weapons of that type are restricted to military areas (like Balotta Airfield) or prisons and in small numbers. Out of the pistols you'll more commonly find .357 Magnums than FX35's or whatever the other pistol's called in civilian areas.

Keep searching fella.

I know you are trying to be helpful, but this is just wrong.  First of all if you have nothing, then it does not hurt to search areas that have already been picked, some people are in such a hurry they do not check everywhere plus not everyone is looking for the same thing.  So the pipe wrench or splitting axe that seems like gold when found, was just another melee weapon that the last person could not use (I was baffled just yesterday to find an M4 and a coupled mag in a prison surrounded by apartments in cherno, the doors were all open so someone must have had a weapon and felt generous enough not to empty the mag).  Secondly there are a few civilian buildings that could even be consider "houses" that spawn the mosin, sks, and shotgun (the 3-story townhouse complexes with workshop on the top floor and the arched entry residence).  I have actually yet to see a mosin in a military area (much less be restricted to these areas).  Finally, you are correct the Magnum is more common, but that is because the FNX45 does not spawn in many "civilian areas" and mostly military areas (prisons, hangars, barracks, firestations; the one exception afaik is the blue office building that could be considered civilian imho); everywhere the FNX can spawn the magnum also spawns, but not vice versa.

After 4 hours, it is probably a little bit of bad server (sounds like it is picked clean if you do not accidentally stumble across something).  However, the bigger problem is that you do not know where to look.  In four hours I can find a weapon on any server even if it has been a full day since restart; there will be plenty of weapons still about (some of the more exposed loot points are rarely checked).

In addition to the buildings I already mentioned above, check: the hay barns (3-level with the stairs), the long empty tobacco-like barns with concrete floors (just because you do not see a weapon does not mean it isn't there!), stables (has the animal stalls), also if all else fails and it is worth the risk check the top of the blue office or a firestation.  If/when cars become loot points again, I had found the mosin and the fnx45 in/around them before the patch that took the loot spawns out and that was before the new weapons were introduced so I imagine that a lot of the weapons will have a chance to spawn in cars.

Edit: upon re-reading (yes I do that), I saw something that HAD to be changed for the sake of clarity (yes there is more that could be changed too, but I am a little bit lazy)!

Edited by InflatedLyric
  • Like 1

you have to join l low pop server if you want to find guns in airfields.

This game is meant to make your gametime miserable. Embrace it, that's the fun part. 

Game is also ment to be spawning loot and zombies not only when server restarts.

So it's more like enduring until Devs figure and implement respawn while keeping good server FPS.

Playing on looted server aint much of  fun...

Edited by Hombre

Game is also ment to be spawning loot and zombies not only when server restarts.

So it's more like enduring until Devs figure and implement respawn while keeping good server FPS.

Playing on looted server aint much of  fun...

Never had a problem with loot at the stable patch, really. There are enough places for you to go -even in a full servers-  and find loot. Yes, the respawn issue must be addressed but, is it me or these types of complaints come from players still lootlooping spawn->elekrto/cherno->starry/vybor->nwaf->death->forum rant?

There are 46 cities/towns/villages. Every single one of them have enterable buildings with potencial loot in them. And these are only the towns/villages, no need to mention the barns, shacks, military compounds, etc etc. 

Never had a problem with loot at the stable patch, really. There are enough places for you to go -even in a full servers-  and find loot. Yes, the respawn issue must be addressed but, is it me or these types of complaints come from players still lootlooping spawn->elekrto/cherno->starry/vybor->nwaf->death->forum rant?

There are 46 cities/towns/villages. Every single one of them have enterable buildings with potencial loot in them. And these are only the towns/villages, no need to mention the barns, shacks, military compounds, etc etc. 

I went from spawn up to the north west, we went through several villages and pretty much everything was looted. Me and my buddy almost died of starvation and let me tell you, it was NOT fun. We found just 1x powderem milk and 1 - 2 can of tuna. When you travel the way, that many before you did, you really will not find much.

Let's not forget, that now you spawn just on eastern side of the map, so logically there is less "directions"  you can take, that nobody before you went.

It's not like there is dozen of main places where you can head to or is it?  You have 2 airfields, wrecked ship and places with barracks and it just can happen, that no matter where you spawn, the way ahead of you is just picked clean, when server is up for 3 hours.

So I don't know, maybe you were lucky or server was not that full.

TL;DR Loot not spawning is a considerable issue.

Edited by Hombre

I know you are trying to be helpful, but this is just wrong.  First of all if you have nothing, then it does not hurt to search areas that have already been picked, some people are in such a hurry they do not check everywhere plus not everyone is looking for the same thing.  So the pipe wrench or splitting axe that seems like gold when found, was just another melee weapon that the last person could not use (I was baffled just yesterday to find an M4 and a coupled mag in a prison surrounded by apartments in cherno, the doors were all open so someone must have had a weapon and felt generous enough not to empty the mag).  Secondly there are a few civilian buildings that could even be consider "houses" that spawn the mosin, sks, and shotgun (the 3-story townhouse complexes with workshop on the top floor and the arched entry residence).  I have actually yet to see a mosin in a military area (much less be restricted to these areas).  Finally, you are correct the Magnum is more common, but that is because the FNX45 does not spawn in many "civilian areas" and mostly military areas (prisons, hangars, barracks, firestations; the one exception afaik is the blue office building that could be considered civilian imho); everywhere the FNX can spawn the magnum also spawns, but not vice versa.

There is one village type house that has a weapon spawn in it. It is one of the houses with the glass terrace thingys and it is in those that the weapons spawns. Mostly it is melee weapons, but once I did find a mosin there.

Also, the FNX can spawn on top floors of the office section of factories. Usually a very good weapon spawn that can hold any civilian rifle and both types of small arms.

There is one village type house that has a weapon spawn in it. It is one of the houses with the glass terrace thingys and it is in those that the weapons spawns. Mostly it is melee weapons, but once I did find a mosin there.

Also, the FNX can spawn on top floors of the office section of factories. Usually a very good weapon spawn that can hold any civilian rifle and both types of small arms.

I forgot the piano building. I am not quite sure what the glass terrace house is, almost sounds like apartments? I also have very little experience in factories, but I might have to check that out. I have seen videos that showed weapon spawn pointsof the multi level school or hotel like building the only one I "know" of is on southern part of Cherno near the docks. I have not been in there since we could spawn at Cherno, but it was good for melee weapons then. Actually, my hueristic involves leaving Cherno and Elektro quickly. Most of my experiences are from Gvozdoz (sp?) to Lopatino and from there to Zelenogorsk, very rarely do I go South of NWAF without being west of Lopatino. I did find myself at Vybor yesterday, but that was approaching from the South and I only looked at the residential part of town.

I forgot the piano building. I am not quite sure what the glass terrace house is, almost sounds like apartments? I also have very little experience in factories, but I might have to check that out. I have seen videos that showed weapon spawn pointsof the multi level school or hotel like building the only one I "know" of is on southern part of Cherno near the docks. I have not been in there since we could spawn at Cherno, but it was good for melee weapons then. Actually, my hueristic involves leaving Cherno and Elektro quickly. Most of my experiences are from Gvozdoz (sp?) to Lopatino and from there to Zelenogorsk, very rarely do I go South of NWAF without being west of Lopatino. I did find myself at Vybor yesterday, but that was approaching from the South and I only looked at the residential part of town.

There is the piano building, and also the red brick building with arches (I suspect it may have supposed to be a police station before they created the actual police station). These both spawn guns.

However the first one I was talking about was one of the wooden village buildings. I forget which one of them it is, but it is one of those with the wooden/glass outbuilding like can be seen on the right side of both the buildings shown in this image:

d4CsWmv.jpg

Edited by BadAsh

http://orcz.com/DayZ_Standalone:_Piano_House - the piano house contains usually bullets and at least 1 of the following: Mosin, shotgun or SKS

http://orcz.com/DayZ_Standalone:_Office_Building - School / office buildings will contain guns, ammo and the odd attachment on floor 3 in the only room that you can enter and also on the roof *Careful, Snipers always watch these buildings*

http://dayz.wikia.com/wiki/Fire_station - Fire house has usually at least 2-3 melee weapons downstairs *Usually the fire axe which kills everything* the odd pistol on floor one in the corners of the room, RARELY a clip of bullets on floor 3 if you follow the stairs up and if you bother to climb on the very top of the building which no one seems too, you always find a decent amount of bullets *Usually 2-3 boxes of ammo*

yeah I've found weapons in piano house many times

I have found them in hospitals and other public places. And also in industrial parts of towns.

I look for military zombies and that's one clue you are near guns and ammo.

Edited by abrown3