Sign in to follow this  
crazyandlazy

Is there going to be a feature to tagg people as friendly?

um yeah lots of different cloths so you can look different and by this remember the guys on your side??? They are not going to add a humanity system well thats the current feel from the devs they may change there minds i hope not but i dont have a crystal ball.

No.

link to a dev statement on that?

if not, the answer is we don't know.

• Like 1

To avoid friendly fire, will there be some sort of mechanism to tag people as friendly?

No.

link to a dev statement on that?

if not, the answer is we don't know.

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that the possibility of such a feature happening is next to never. It completely goes against the design philosophy of player interaction within the game world, and undermines the necessity of constant communication between members of a group.

• Like 5

You can just agree on a uniform or color just like a military or gang might do.

Red motorcylce helmets gang.

Yellow working helmet gang.

I like it.

• Like 1

while theyre at it, mind as well add enemy indicators, and then then a HUD, and then a minimap! and then they can call it something like: battlefield.. oh, wait

We were using burlap sacks as masks until they made them black your vision out. We'll probably use them again whenever we can cut holes for our eyes.

A tagging function defeats the purpose of communication, and also encourages lazy play.

We were using burlap sacks as masks until they made them black your vision out. We'll probably use them again whenever we can cut holes for our eyes.

A tagging function defeats the purpose of communication, and also encourages lazy play.

lol, somehow that reminded me of

• Like 4

I'm willing to go out on a limb here and say that the possibility of such a feature happening is next to never. It completely goes against the design philosophy of player interaction within the game world, and undermines the necessity of constant communication between members of a group.

yes

While I understand realism... The fact this is a digital game throws a bunch of realism out the window right from the start.  Sometimes a gamy mechanic should exist to sufficiently fill the role of a realistic counter part that can't be literally translated into a game.

I can recognize my friends form some distance even if they are wearing different cloths. There are many factors into human recognition many of which is not realistic to this game.  Height, weight, strut etc etc etc

Does that mean more characters customization need to be built and cloths?  That is one possibility.  Another could be a friend system which flags view-able friends in a certain range.  Aka if they are behind a building you can't see the flag or if they are farther away then is reasonable.

Communication is what you use to identify your friends.  "Are you wearing and orange rain coat and are looking behind the orange building by the side of the road?"

If the the answer is you yes you've won.  If the answer is no start shooting.

Communication is what you use to identify your friends.  "Are you wearing and orange rain coat and are looking behind the orange building by the side of the road?"

If the the answer is you yes you've won.  If the answer is no start shooting.

That's a stupid statement. I doubt you even play in a group. There are times of human error during tense encounters. Heck, it happens even in real life.

btw I am just asking a question. People on here are so uptight and snotty.

We are not! We are old, tired and grumpy from answering the same questions over and over and over and over and ... over again. The replies aren't changing so the threads already contain everything that can possibly be said for these ideas for and against.

• Like 4

That's a stupid statement. I doubt you even play in a group. There are times of human error during tense encounters. Heck, it happens even in real life.

Uh think before typing.  I play in a group of 3-5 friends.

Btw I was answering the question on how to identify friend from foe.  People on here are so stupid and need everything handed to them with highlighting what everything is.

We are not! We are old, tired and grumpy from answering the same questions over and over and over and over and ... over again. The replies aren't changing so the threads already contain everything that can possibly be said for these ideas for and against.

lol. I am not surprised because these boards are pretty much dead because of people like you. I never understood the mentality of coming in a topic to moan about it being made. I mean, you had enough spare time to click in, read, and then moan a post. Why not just help the dude or um maybe um ... simply ignore it? Wow xD

Uh think before typing.  I play in a group of 3-5 friends.

Btw I was answering the question on how to identify friend from foe.  People on here are so stupid and need everything handed to them with highlighting what everything is.

Why are you so bitter and annoyed?

Hi.

I haven't read anything from the devs on this subject, but seeing as the mod never took advantage of ArmA 2's built in squad system I would guess the answer is no.

I'd actually be a bit annoyed if they did, since I tend to play lone wolf and groups get more than enough advantages already.

Regards.