Sign in to follow this  
bobbyb85

Lesson Learned...

Well I just got done over!

Geared myself up, just needed some food, so I headed over to Khelm. I encounter a chap who swears, with an (empty) gun on him he is friendly. Kills a few Z's for me, save me wasting my imaginary ammo, so I assume he's good. He offered me some ammo he wasn't using, drops it and hatchets me in the back when I go to pick it up....

Wherever you are, man with a crash helmet and a French accent.....damn you ;-)

• Like 2

Well I just got done over!

Geared myself up, just needed some food, so I headed over to Khelm. I encounter a chap who swears, with an (empty) gun on him he is friendly. Kills a few Z's for me, save me wasting my imaginary ammo, so I assume he's good. He offered me some ammo he wasn't using, drops it and hatchets me in the back when I go to pick it up....

Wherever you are, man with a crash helmet and a French accent.....damn you ;-)

I had the exact thing happen to me. He dropped ammo for my Mosin, when I looked out came the axe.  Also with a bad French accent.

Just as you stated. Lesson learned.

Fool me once shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me.

I have been killed so many times for no reason or without warning that I sometimes think to become a bandit myself. But I just can´t do it, not in my nature.

• Like 3

man with a crash helmet

Well there is your mistake right there, mostly only bandits wear crash helmets. 

I was bluffing, my gun was totally empty lol. Figured it would look more intimidating to anyone but a fresh spawn than a bat would. 

Ah is a crash helmet a sign of a bandit often then? Honestly had no idea. 

I do think about going bandit occasionally...Unfortunately, that's the first time I have found any gear before. Could do with a few buddies to hang with on here, someone doesn't mind showing me the ropes without raping me for kit lol. Not sure I can be doing with the formalities of a clan though.

I had the exact thing happen to me. He dropped ammo for my Mosin, when I looked out came the axe.  Also with a bad French accent.

Just as you stated. Lesson learned.

Fool me once shame on you.

Fool me twice shame on me.

I have been killed so many times for no reason or without warning that I sometimes think to become a bandit myself. But I just can´t do it, not in my nature.

Beware of bad French accents, got it.

I only accepted help once where I picked up from the ground, luckily no harm came to me but i wasn't aware of this so cheers for the headsup.

I too cannot be a bandit, just like to co-op wonder and explore.

Edited by Kestrol
  • Like 1

The French accent was a dead giveaway. ;)

• Like 2

Sadly this happen to me, a few times.

Best way is to make them drop the item, then walk far far far far far way back. That normal does work for me, when they are far back make sure that they have there guns/melee weapons on there back. So if you see a weapon/melee come out at least you can see & close your inventory very quickly.

I never trust anyone with a bike helmet on.. not cos they are all bandits.. but because they look ridiculous.  No fashion sense at all. :P

• Like 1

I never trust anyone with a bike helmet on.. not cos they are all bandits.. but because they look ridiculous.  No fashion sense at all. :P

I'd rather have one on and avoid getting knocked out by fist/melee weapons.

That answers my next question. I was going to ask if they protect at all? As surely, the cowboy hat etc dont haha. 

helmets reduce the chance to get knocked out. i dont wont miss my ballistic helmet. yesterday i would the second time in the game friendly to a stranger. second time i got attacked with a axe without provocation. so have to kill him again. never more trust strangers. kos is the only thing that will work. thats why i still now so long alive. weigh up the risk, attack or sneak away.

Welcome to KOS DeathMatch Permadeath Standalone

Unless they have a Humanity System, you should just KOS everyone you see.

Safer that way, interaction is stupid unless you would like to get axed in the back more.

helmets reduce the chance to get knocked out. i dont wont miss my ballistic helmet. yesterday i would the second time in the game friendly to a stranger. second time i got attacked with a axe without provocation. so have to kill him again. never more trust strangers. kos is the only thing that will work. thats why i still now so long alive. weigh up the risk, attack or sneak away.

Google translate is not your friend.

• Like 4

Google translate is not your friend.

Give this man some beans lol. Genuine chuckle. :-)

I learnt that if your lagging it's best to not go near second floor walls...

I had a Z attack me from 2 floors below today in the fire station...bizarre.

I ran up some stairs, froze at the top of em and when the game caught up i had the black screen with the dreaded words "you are dead".  I then proceeded to rage quit... like a boss!

• Like 1

Much Post.

Such Scary.

Wow.

I think its more that someone wearing a bike helmet favours melee combat protection over stealth... and that give a big clue as to his play style, i.e. he will try to kill you.

I think its more that someone wearing a bike helmet favours melee combat protection over stealth... and that give a big clue as to his play style, i.e. he will try to kill you.

I have yet to discover anything other than a bike helmet! I did however find a hardhat which was bright yellow... of which I decided probably isn't any better and is hella obvious, just asking for a headshot.

Seen numerous hats but they offer no protection.

I ain't no fool. I just look like one - in this bloody bike helmet!