Dekawar

a True Hardcore server would be like this.. Open MIC in Direct Chat all the time.

HardCore servers should have an open MIC in Direct Chat at all times.

( if they are using TeamSpeak it will not matter as you will also hear them in Direct chat.)

if they have a radio in game they would also have to use direct chat to speak in to it. so someone near them could hear them talk. unless they wisper really quiet.

after all we/the hardcore people want it to be more realistic. and this would be one hell of a game.

let me know what you think of this idea. it would make a big difference in game play and be so much more realistic.

would probably need a warning on the hardcore servers saying this server has open MIC at all times. people can hear you.

• Like 1

HardCore servers should have an open MIC in Direct Chat at all times.

( if they are using TeamSpeak it will not matter as you will also hear them in Direct chat.)

if they have a radio in game they would also have to use direct chat to speak in to it. so someone near them could hear them talk. unless they wisper really quiet.

after all we/the hardcore people want it to be more realistic. and this would be one hell of a game.

let me know what you think of this idea. it would make a big difference in game play and be so much more realistic.

would probably need a warning on the hardcore servers saying this server has open MIC at all times. people can hear you.

Someone could just disable in-game voice or use a phone/external program/other computer/text chat. It would be mighty interesting but it would not end up solving anything for most.

Edited by Chaingunfighter

I could just use my cell-phone or my other computer. I could disable my mic being used by DayZ. I know how awesome this would be, it's just not practical.

• Like 1

but most of the players that come to play hardcore this way, would not try to circumvent this. sure some would but people that play on the hardcore servers would come to them to play like this.

Edited by Dekawar

I have a little mic mute button on my headset, besides it's a impractical and unwieldy solution. 

just not talking or turning off your MIC would not change game play it would be like if you just stopped talking.

"BILLLYYYY!! IT'S TIME FOR BED" 

"FIVE MORE MINUTES, MOM!"

electro becomes a scarier place. 

Edited by Capo
  • Like 4

SO many people want Hardcore but this Idea is just to HardCore for them.. 

Edited by Dekawar

Look, it's this thread again.

Not only this is impossible to enforce but it is also illegal for a program to gain access to your computers peripherals without your permission. If DayZ did that it would be considered malware. If there was a disclaimer that you had to accept to actually give DayZ the permission to do it, no one in their right mind would play it.

Edited by EchoZeero

And what about every n00b coughing, sneezing, screaming, breathing, snorting, drinking, eating, crying and farting through the constant mic stream ?

Like the chap above said "It would become a much scarier place." ..Indeed

Seriously flawed, but I see and appreciate what you mean. 

• Like 1

Would be awesome to have the kids around the place here making all sort of noises and adding LIFE into a ghost town heh ?

Sorry but no, not going to "stream" my home life into open comms :)

we/the hardcore people 

SO many people want Hardcore but this Idea is just to HardCore for them.. 

Too much hardcore in this thread. I can't handle 

• Like 1

People that play hardcore I find seem to be a lot more open to ideas. I would love the option for hardcore servers to support this. There would be some that never support this feature and some hardcore servers made specifically for this new feature but the only way people would adhere to it is if they respected that feature so it shouldn't be mandatory for every hardcore server , just the ones that want it cuz I can see this being a much more balanced result of a lone wolf like me fighting a squad of silent team speakers .

Edit : apparently kids who play this game fart and sneeze a lot ? Haha lol I'm silent when I play this game

Edited by Grapefruit kush

Edit : apparently kids who play this game fart and sneeze a lot ? Haha lol I'm silent when I play this game

Yes, we strangely tend to eat lots of beans recently.

Edited by ploulaf