Sign in to follow this  
DayzForumer

Remove the breathing fog

I mean, really? Is it -4 celcius inside a house? Outside on a summer day? No. It isn't. So there should be breathing effects.

Hello there

My first flat had no heating and on bright autumn/winter days you could see your breath in my flat. You'll be surprised how quickly buildings get cold, it doesnt have to be as cold as you are implying.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 10

Thanks. I think it's redicilious how easy it is for the breathing to go through a wall, and give away your position.

Edited by DayzForumer

Hello there

I say "flat" I mean a large room the sublett to me and my then girlfriend.

Water came in through the light fittings when it rained and many panes of Glass were missing from the windows and were just stuffed with newspaper.

The lack of a working thermostat or even heating didnt even enter our minds. We were just luck to have a roof over our heads.

As to dodgy landlords operating illegally, well they are everywhere.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 1

OP  must be from California or something and have no idea how shitty is to live in country like Chernorus in such geographical location.

• Like 5

I mean, really? Is it -4 celcius inside a house? Outside on a summer day? No. It isn't. So there should be breathing effects.

Have you seen that most of the doors are not closed and maybe windows are missing in certain buildings...

And look at the avg temp in moscow http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Climate_of_Moscow you can imagine how cold it can become when you are in the russian backwoods.

i think it fits well together with the 1996's Quake I bleeding effect we currently have. Retro!

• Like 4

its -28 to -40 here all winter dude....i would expect russia is just as cold if not colder. (and im talkin celcius)

i think it fits well together with the 1996's Quake I bleeding effect we currently have. Retro!

Quake I had great blood trails, DayZ has got nothing on it.

• Like 1

oh haha, never mind i just read that WIKI and it seems Moscow has it easy

probably why they would send them to the Siberian Gulags innit..

The camps were horrendous places. Located in north-eastern Siberia, temperatures could drop to almost -90.4°F / -68°C degrees during the winter.
Edited by Calibre

I'm pretty sure the current season in the game isn't winter, though. There's loads of green foilage, some brown as well, so perhaps late summer early autumn. There's insects flying around as well, something that wouldn't occur if the temperature was too low.

However, it's alpha and all that. Temperature doesn't seem to have been implemented correctly in any way, so that is probably something that will get fixed somewhere down the road.

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure the current season in the game isn't winter, though. There's loads of green foilage, some brown as well, so perhaps late summer early autumn. There's insects flying around as well, something that wouldn't occur if the temperature was too low.

However, it's alpha and all that. Temperature doesn't seem to have been implemented correctly in any way, so that is probably something that will get fixed somewhere down the road.

It also doesn't need to be winter in Eastern Europe for it to get so cold you can see your breath, whether the sun is beaming or not.

I get the impression you may be missing the point of what's being said.

Thanks. I think it's redicilious how easy it is for the breathing to go through a wall, and give away your position.

Breath is client side.  Me and my Buddy tested it to see if it gives away sniper positions.  He couldn't see mine at the same time I couldn't see his.

I blame it on the hype train, choo choo, puff, puff.

Should be time set : 6.30 - 9.30 am, all aboard ==================

• Like 2

Lulz just play on a hardcore server....Problem solved. Only happens when it gets cold. Normaly when it rains.

Hello there

I say "flat" I mean a large room the sublett to me and my then girlfriend.

Water came in through the light fittings when it rained and many panes of Glass were missing from the windows and were just stuffed with newspaper.

The lack of a working thermostat or even heating didnt even enter our minds. We were just luck to have a roof over our heads.

As to dodgy landlords operating illegally, well they are everywhere.

Rgds

LoK

Those poor immigrants :(

Believe me, the entire Europe does have summers and surprisingly it gets warm, even hot.

Science called. It said your wrong.

It is directly related to the dew point.

The dew point is the temperature at which the air becomes 100% saturated. At that point, the air condenses into water droplets, which we see as fog. The air we breathe out contains moisture in the form of water vapor. When that warm, moist air meets the cold, dry air outside, a cloud forms.

There must be three main ingredients present in order for "clouds" to form:

• Moisture - There must be sufficient water vapor in the air to build a cloud.
  • Cooling air - The air temperature must decrease enough for water vapor to condense.
  • Condensation nuclei - Tiny particles, invisible to the human eye, such as dust, dirt, and pollutants, provide surfaces on which water molecules can gather and condense into water droplets.

If the conditions are right, then a cloud will form, like when a cold front meets a warm front.

The lower the dew point, the drier the air, and vice versa.

Fog forms when the difference between temperature and dewpoint are 5 degrees F or less.

http://askville.amazon.com/temperature-breath-start-fog/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=7175500

Edited by Judopunch
  • Like 2

Science called. It said your wrong.

It is directly related to the dew point.

The dew point is the temperature at which the air becomes 100% saturated. At that point, the air condenses into water droplets, which we see as fog. The air we breathe out contains moisture in the form of water vapor. When that warm, moist air meets the cold, dry air outside, a cloud forms.

There must be three main ingredients present in order for "clouds" to form:

• Moisture - There must be sufficient water vapor in the air to build a cloud.
  • Cooling air - The air temperature must decrease enough for water vapor to condense.
  • Condensation nuclei - Tiny particles, invisible to the human eye, such as dust, dirt, and pollutants, provide surfaces on which water molecules can gather and condense into water droplets.

If the conditions are right, then a cloud will form, like when a cold front meets a warm front.

The lower the dew point, the drier the air, and vice versa.

Fog forms when the difference between temperature and dewpoint are 5 degrees F or less.

http://askville.amazon.com/temperature-breath-start-fog/AnswerViewer.do?requestId=7175500

LOL nice always good to learn something new..

Meh i was just going to say i live in australia and well its pretty hot but even in autumn/ winter it gets to points at times when i can see my breath (particularly when i have been exerting myself on the farm ( i try not to do to much of that ) but we are always running around in this game ( i dont run that often but most people i spot are flat out sprinting ).

Nice to see a scientific explanation of the effect ....

I think it will play a big part once illness is implemented and keeping yourself warm is important so it's more than likely gonna be sticking around.

• Like 1