Kukui

Loot respawns need to happen WITHOUT restart!

if you want to make it so people dont server hop, then loot respawns need to happen without the server restarting. I just spent the last 20min running around Electro, trying to find a shirt or anything i could use to bandage myself, because Zombies attacked me THROUGH a floor when I was on the top floor of a building. 

I found no shirts, no bandage, not even a god damn melee wep to try and kill some of the zombies (not that any of this would be needed if I didnt die to nothing, on an empty server, in the middle of the woods in the first place)

I understand this is Alpha, but when you guys keep adding more and more s@%t and dont fix what is broken, there is an issue. 

STOP adding new crap to cause more problems and FIX WHAT IS BROKEN!

• Like 1

please for the love of the forums use the search function this is what the 5th or 6th thread on this i know your new here but surely you have used a forum before???

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 4

I personally dont see this as broken. For me its clearly better than the infinite loot of the mod. If you go to the most crowded areas dont expect tons of loot there.

1. Search in the future

2. Rocket has said that he's working on fixing the loot spawns numerous times. Could be coming as soon as the next update

• Like 4

1. Search in the future

2. Rocket has said that he's working on fixing the loot spawns numerous times. Could be coming as soon as the next update

All that needs to be said.

its a confirmed feature, later in the game it will come.

I actually like it much more that loot doesn't magically respawn, you should blame yourself for not finding any loot. Just go inland and loot villages.

• Like 2

I actually like it much more that loot doesn't magically respawn, you should blame yourself for not finding any loot. Just go inland and loot villages.

This i love the current loot mechanics.

if the game get an automatic respawn, then minimum of 2 hours for a looted place. the mod was a grinding game, people runs from one fire station to the other looking for new spawn, or grind the airfields. or use glitches for faster respawn. thats was a athmosphere killer. i like the current loot spawn. so you have to wander to find some food or other items. and dont sit in a corner to wait just for the respawn.

I don't get why people think loot spawning is any different then server reboot spawning.  The only difference imo is that you have to reconnect after a couple of min of getting booted.

I have NEVER seen anyone that says loot spawning has to be in game to "fix it" EVER says what timeframe loot should spawn?  Every 4 hours?  What do you know most servers reboot every 4 hours now.

Every hour?  Well now people will probably camp.

Loot spawning won't fix server hopping... never will cause the only way to do that is to spawn loot every 5 min then the loot spawn hop for ya.

What if loot would have a probability of spawning every 15 mins when you enter viewing range of the spawnlocation?

Would you:

- sit there untill it actually spawns. (could be hours)

- serverhop till it actually spawns. ( you avoid the 15 mins cooldown time but no success guaranteed)

- move to the next location to see if something spawns there. (no 15 min cooldown but there might be some traveltime involved)

- something i didnt think of.

What if loot would have a probability of spawning every 15 mins when you enter viewing range of the spawnlocation?

Would you:

- sit there untill it actually spawns. (could be hours)

- serverhop till it actually spawns. ( you avoid the 15 mins cooldown time but no success guaranteed)

- move to the next location to see if something spawns there. (no 15 min cooldown but there might be some traveltime involved)

- something i didnt think of.

15 minutes? Good gracious no. The items should respawn after like 3 hours or so. Then it would be even greater also please for the love of pizza rolls, fluckin' use the search function.

We have to bury this at least 16 feet deep in the farthest graveyard Chernarus has to offer. Why? Because this topic has already been discussed several times to the point that it's a joke making a post about it.

Edited by AntonioAJC

i didnt say it should spawn every 15 mins.

i said there should be a probability of it spawning every 15 mins.

We have to bury this at least 8 feet deep in the farthest graveyard Chernarus has to offer.

Another one will just pop up again cuz people don't know how to read.....

Everyday somebody comes here and posts in general discussion a retarded, over discussed and even already by the devs adressed topic.

It happens so freaking often, I made a meme just for people like you:

lwgnGo4.png

Edited by LaughingJack

i didnt say it should spawn every 15 mins.

i said there should be a probability of it spawning every 15 mins.

There in lies the problem though (at least with me), is the fact that it's a probability. Unless you make it a really low probability. xD  

like i said, could be hours.

edit:

you know for a fact that nothing will spawn there for at least the next 15 mins.

Edited by mgc

like i said, could be hours.

edit:

you know for a fact that nothing will spawn there for at least the next 15 mins.

15 minutes is very short. LOL That's enough time to go make me a batch of pizza rolls and get some tea.

Everyone that has ever made this thread thinks its so simple.

What they are working on is overhauling the entire structure of the game to facilitate respawning zombies and items, along with higher zombie counts as a whole. There are people dedicated to making that happen, but the art guys aren't a part of that. Once the artists do their work its fairly quick and easy (comparatively) for a programmer to add those items in while the others are working on the big issues.

Bug fixing is also a huge timesink, you can hear Rocket talk about the things he would have been doing if he hadn't been bugfixing in almost every video ever. If they focused entirely on loot respawns you'd be making the same thread complaining that they should stop wasting their time on that and fix blatant bugs.

This is an in development product (yeah yeah yeah you said "I know its alpha BUT"), shit doesn't just happen, the developers actually have to make the damned thing. If you can't handle slow trickles of content, only buy release software in the future.

""15 minutes is very short. LOL That's enough time to go make me a batch of pizza rolls and get some tea.""

Yes, but thats the minimum amount of time nothing will spawn there. Howmany batches are you willing to eat?

""We have to bury this at least 16 feet deep""

lol, press middle mouse button to use ladder.

Edited by mgc

""15 minutes is very short. LOL That's enough time to go make me a batch of pizza rolls and get some tea.""

Yes, but thats the minimum amount of time nothing will spawn there. Howmany batches are you willing to eat?

""We have to bury this at least 16 feet deep""

lol, press middle mouse button to use ladder.

15 minutes goes by pretty fast. ^-^ And alot of them. ;D

LOL maybe i am mean but if it was me making items respawn id have it do it every 2 or 3 hours and then when it was going to do it check there were no players in the area to stop loot spawning infront of people killing immersion....( if they are there it gets no respawn in 500m radius and waits for next 2 or 3 hour spawn window..)

Maybe its me but this ment to be a zed apoc i kinda like the loot can go quite barron it really does force you to explore more of the map for your loot rather than sit on the coast running back and fourth from berez electro cherno and back again doesnt seem well very authentic. But thats just IMHO...

Edited by SoulFirez

Heh, once item, loot is stupid word and should be left in WoW, respawn is in, players will just camp the airfields like they did back in the mod.  And just like SoulFirez said, the only way to combat this is to make a no item respawn radius but I think it should be larger than 500m.  It'd be too easy just to go down the runway or into a bush and camp for a couple of hours.