Sign in to follow this  
benri

TENTS

or any other storage facilities. i ran and did almost nothing for 200 hours now.

i think that dean should add some sort of tents or basic storage constructions (until the real bases) to add a new objective and gamestyle.

its boring and dangerous to run with all your stuff on you and with no place to call home.

i would love to store different outfits and weapons for different situations or search the woods and raid other bases. i dont think its that hard to add simple tents, but it will add many new things to do.

Yeah, yeah I know it's alpha but I hope we get tents or some survived hours scoreboard soon.

• Like 2

1. Learn to post in relevant board sections

2. Learn to use SEARCH option, because tents has been suggested and discussed many times already.

3. Yes, tents should be implemented

1. Learn to post in relevant board sections

2. Learn to use SEARCH option, because tents has been suggested and discussed many times already.

3. Yes, tents should be implemented

well, i take the blame. im new here.

thanks for the info.

Well, i may as well shoot my opinion in here. Tents should include but NOT be limited to:

• Small Civilian Tent: Most common; basic, and small. Comes in the same colors as the Taloon backpack. Include 20 slots of storage.
  • Medium Civilian Tent: As the name implies, a slightly larger version of the SCT. 40 slots of storage
  • Large Civilian Tent: The largest of the civilian tents. can be walked into, like a real life 10 person tent. 50-65 storage
  • Military Tent: Think of the DayZ Mod tent, the small, two sided one? Yeah that. 25 units of storage, but camouflage puts it at an advantage to other civi tents.
  • Large Military Tent: A basic, 5 man tent in olive drab. 45 units of storage
  • Base Military Tent: These are practically the military tents that sometimes spawn loot in game. Large, and can be walked inside, they are meant to be player bases. Very rare. 80-100 storage slots
Edited by AnyoneInCherno?
  • Like 1

I kind of like the fact people lose all their weapons upon dying.

I think it would suck of someone stocked 10 M4's near a spot they were ambushing people, die, respawn and show back up fully geared and ready to kill their attackers.

I guess if you had to hide your tent very well because they could be looted, that would be fine.

I agree with this.

Even tho the game is real fun already, it somehow lacks a "final activity" compared to the mod.

Basically you start at the beach and make your way to one of the airports. Then you keep going to military bases until you have the biggest bakpack and a badass outfit. Then? Lurking around, reading books and PvPing.

The sooner the better we need one of the following things:

• Some kind of ranking or scoreboard ("hours survived", "Zeds killed", "Players murderer", etc.)
  • Some kind of possibility to store loot somewhere else then at your character (and save it over server restarts)
  • Some kind of archivements ("Find all 150 books", "Find 20 abandoned busses", "Walk 100km with one Char", etc.)

Until they implement private hives that save the world in the private database and that world only lives inside that server, this is not feasible. On one hand the thought of losing, even, my nice little campsite with a tent and fireplace each time a server gets reset takes away all the fun of it. On the other hand, world related stuff have to be stored in a per server basis or you run the risk of conflicting with what others are already doing on other servers. If right now the public hive allows people to completely gear up and then spread mayhem on more populated servers, just imagine what could happen if people could move entire base camps =). Not possible. Still, I'm looking forward for this kind of features sooner than later.

Edited by Corto

Until they implement private hives that save the world in the private database and that world only lives inside that server, this is not feasible. On one hand the thought of losing, even, my nice little campsite with a tent and fireplace each time a server gets reset takes away all the fun of it. On the other hand, world related stuff have to be stored in a per server basis or you run the risk of conflicting with what others are already doing on other servers. If right now the public hive allows people to completely gear up and then spread mayhem on more populated servers, just imagine what could happen if people could move entire base camps =). Not possible. Still, I'm looking forward for this kind of features sooner than later.

not so actually.

the mod allowed for tent storage on a public hive.

If youre bored you can always work on your reputation. Maybe get acquainted with players that frequent servers you frequently visit. Could serve you well later on.

The fact that youve done almost nothing in 200 hours suggest you like to spend time at altitude while you contemplate the important matters in life over the high powered scope of your sniper rifle, yes?

Some say it is better to try to make friends and get shot in the face, than to never try at all.

Well tents was in the mod and will be a feature of the game in a future as ive read.
about hive being a problem to tents, in the mod there was  tents in the main hive so.. i dont see why that is a problem.
finally i AGREE  with the idea of implement tents soon so that way we can have a larger goal in the game.

Tents are defly gonna be added just a matter of time , and someone had made a topic about a good idea of having "brain anchors" (memories) whenever you place a tent down of those tents to prevent people from having gun stashes in tents.

These anchors , he said , would be your memory of where the tent is on the map, and when you die the tent disappears (or like I wanted , the tent would just crumble in case someone is looking at it when it's owner dies ) this is a great idea , again it was suggested by someone else on the forums and I believe it made it to the dayz standalone reddit page where good user submitted ideas might go into the game .

Edit : the "brain anchor" idea comes from a topic titled "survivor's brain" by a user called Zalexey ... Sorry I can't link it I'm using half broken iPhone :p

Edited by Grapefruit kush