Sign in to follow this  
Grimey Rick

KOS HQ

252 members have voted

1. 1. Do you kill on sight?

• Always. If I see it, I shoot it!
    • Sometimes. It depends on whether or not I feel threatened.
    • Never. I prefer to keep my distance and gauge intent.

Greetings!

Unlike seemingly every other thread complaining about KOS, I've created this thread specifically for those of us who partake adamantly, or at least dabble, in this play-style. Does every player you see scare the shit out of you? Do you kill other players strictly for their loot? Do you enjoy the tears that emanate from your victims from the Great Beyond (a.k.a. the forums)? Whatever your reason might be, I feel that this completely legitimate play-style should have its own abode. Hell, there're dozens of threads complaining about it. Medics hate us. Role-players hate us. Sometimes we hate each other.

It'll be an uphill battle the whole way, but I feel that the KOS Creed will triumph in the end!

Post whatever you'd like here: your favorite KOS experience, viable KOS strategies (e.g: camping locations, ways to lure others into the open, etc.), or anything else. There are no rules, just like in-game! Feel free to flame us, berate us, yell at us, cry on our shoulders (yes, we'll listen, there there little buddy), menstruate on our carpet, ANYTHING GOES!

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength, I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.
KOS shall free me.

45765587.jpg

• Like 3

If I see a couple mosin-toting "badasses" cheering and shouting their way through Elektro, I'm going to do what nature intended.

Sometimes, but not whether or not i feel threatened. More often then not I flip a coin.

• Like 1

Pvp is everything. If you are killing people you might as well kill yourself. The loot is just an added bonus

Shoot first ask questions later.Thats my policy in this game, works great!

They really should make PVE servers to cut down on the people complaining.  Go kill 2 zombies, run another 5km just looking for another zombie to kill with one hit.

They really should make PVE servers to cut down on the people complaining.  Go kill 2 zombies, run another 5km just looking for another zombie to kill with one hit.

Wow that sounds so much fun.... 

Was just minding my own business with a buddy last night on our way through the oil fields and I noticed a silhouette and realized it was some guy aiming at us.

We dropped immediately and tried to crawl to cover, he shoots my buddy, so I made a run for it, flanked him and caught him with a round.

I think it knocked him unconscious. We handcuffed hmim shot him in the foot and left him there. Also looted his food and water.

Enjoy, douche.

• Like 2

Vote: Sometimes. It depends on whether or not I feel threatened.

PVP is at the moment the only thing you can do. play now 8 days and 7 of them with 1 char allready. there is nothing else to do. only the thrill to fight with other people. so our group tried often to find other people for a firefight. but i never killed a bambi only good geared people. i help alot bambis with food and water or other helpfull items.

Edited by MrNobody82

Peace is a lie, there is only passion.

Through passion, I gain strength.

Through strength, I gain power.

Through power, I gain victory.

Through victory, my chains are broken.

KOS shall free me.

I see what you did there. You have my beans just for this.

• Like 1

Today I witnessed a player get sniped in the streets of elektro. He was crawling around with a broken leg calling out for help. I was hiding in an adjacent shed. I whispered "psst this way, crawl over here, hurry."Before he made it to me another player ran up to him exclaiming "need help man?" Something about this new players presence changed my mind about being friendly. He didnt know I was there. When he did turn to face me he saw my magnum in his face for about .3 seconds. The guy on the ground kept shouting "he's friendly!" He was being too loud so I killed him too. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

Edited by Solopopo
  • Like 5

I'm a roleplayer and part time KoSer >.>

I am a strange hybrid! To weird to live. To rare to die!

• Like 3

I've yet to Kos anyone. I understand the need to Kos armed individuals on the coast, because that's likely why they are there. But I don't understand the need to Kos an unarmed new spawn. I had it happen when I was only 30 seconds into a spawn.

And yes I understand a new spawn can knockout a geared player, and yes that must be frustrating.

My only hope is that their will be more pve elements introduced into the game later.

I try my best not to KoS but there are those situations where it looks like someone has seen you first and clearly is about to take hostile action, in those cases I won't wait and see. As such I voted for the "depends if I feel threatened" option.

Wow that sounds so much fun.... 

i enjoy doing that, what in the heck is the difference because i see a ton more zombies running around to kill then i do players..... if you are in it for the sniping there are more zombies to shoot then players.....

• Like 1

Today I witnessed a player get sniped in the streets of elektro. He was crawling around with a broken leg calling out for help. I was hiding in an adjacent shed. I whispered "psst this way, crawl over here, hurry."Before he made it to me another player ran up to him exclaiming "need help man?" Something about this new players presence changed my mind about being friendly. He didnt know I was there. When he did turn to face me he saw my magnum in his face for about .3 seconds. The guy on the ground kept shouting "he's friendly!" He was being too loud so I killed him too. Damn it feels good to be a gangsta.

so that's the behavior of a gangsta these days, they shoot injured crawling victims and those who are trying to be nice to them.

Beans, sir! Let the hatred flow through your veins.

Yesss...

Ok I saw what others are writing so I deleted my post xD

I prefer fist fights, was in a 3v1 once ( one player had a hatchet) and i still won

Edited by SolidOwlPL

LOL i voted honestly i do prefer to try judge a person before shooting but i openly admit to KOS on airfields mil bases and if taken by surprise while looting...

I am sure plenty of friendlies have fallen to my bullets just i like a little interaction first ( but then i get the urge and go to an air field when i have guns ammo dont really need anything but i guess the sport of a hunting armed men/women is a thrill i just have stricter rules to when how i do it thats just me....

When the bullets fly and the fear of death is up there is no feeling in a video game i have found that matches it..... so i am a sometimes ,come on its a game i try to get as much out of it as i can ... just not big on shooting easy prey (one of the reasons i like to try communicate a real PVP fight is so much more thrilling than a see and shoot event...

Edited by SoulFirez

I had extra food, so I dumped a pile of beans and tuna in the road.
Sniped the people who stopped to pick it up ala Mosin.. Changed locations. Did it again.

>.>

Sniped the people who stopped to pick it up ala Mosin.. Changed locations. Did it again.

>.>

LOL evil prick but to be honest anyone dumb enough to fall for such obvious bait deserves to be taught a lesson. pity ill never find your traps i never use the roads you get KOSed on roads lol....

>.>

Haha, golden.

I keep an extra Long Range Scope in my bags for this purpose. However, I find it more effective to stick it in the back corner of a hangar and wait for someone to come along, then reach out and touch them. ;3

• Like 1

Hehe..

It's simple, but hilarious. Much school-girl giggling from the bushes, even while playing the waiting game.

>.> And you'd be surprised how often it works.

Edited by Rudette
  • Like 1

Haha, golden.

I keep an extra Long Range Scope in my bags for this purpose. However, I find it more effective to stick it in the back corner of a hangar and wait for someone to come along, then reach out and touch them. ;3

oh man now i am screwed thats bait id take and as it is in an actual possible spawn location id be a dead man for sure.....