alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

The "Sawed-off shotgun" in GTA 5 is really just a compact pump-action based on guns like the factory shortened Mossberg 500 and Serbu Shorty. The MP-133 with pistol grip is a very close analogue to that gun.

However, if they ever add that M870 they showed off before (albeit with wood furniture) you could make this;

800px-Rem870WP.jpg

Which would be pretty badass. Besides that the only other sawed-off shotgun design I can think of would be an Over/Under shotgun, and that would be the same as the IZH-43 in a lot of ways.

yea that's what I was thinking I heard the 870 was confirmed we could still use another pump action but instead of a pistol grip variant for the 870,it could have the sawed of variant like in the picture shown.

My life is not complete with compact shotguns until the Chiappa 1887 is in. Especially if they add motorcycles and the ability to shoot from vehicles.

My life is not complete with compact shotguns until the Chiappa 1887 is in. Especially if they add motorcycles and the ability to shoot from vehicles.

How common are Chiappa firearms worldwide? You probably won't be finding any Rhino revolvers and it's hard to say whether an 1887 even if it's a reproduction makes any sense at all. (Not that it really matters to me - all I care about is if they add it then a flip-cocking animation is a must)

Edit: Apparently they have distributors in Bulgaria, Croatia, the Czech Republic, Estonia, Lithuania, Poland, Slovakia, Slovenia, Ukraine, and even Russia, so I guess it's not out of the realm of possibility that there are Chiappa 1887s in Chernarus.

Granted, they still wouldn't be any common (like the Norinco M14s that are the only real sensible option for a civie M14) but hell, if they want to do any more lever actions a shotgun is probably the way to go (save for the 7.62x54 M1895 that has a special place in my heart)

Edited by Chaingunfighter

Here's a list

Pistol's

PSM pistol

SPP-1 underwater pistol

SMG's

Vityaz-SN

Shotguns

Saiga-12

Bolt-action Rifles

SV-98

Rifles

ADS

APS

Grenades

F1 Limonka

RKG-3

Landmines

POMZ

PMN mine

MON-50 (Looks like a Claymore)

That's all.

Here's a list

SPP-1 underwater pistol

ADS

APS

PMN mine

POMZ's and MON-50s/M18s would be fine, but you do realize that the "Landmine" we have in the game is a PMN-2, right?

Also, I'm fairly doubtful underwater combat is going to be a thing. You could make a case for the ADS since it's a 5.45 rifle, but I'm not too sure you'd ever get to use it underwater.

POMZ's and MON-50s/M18s would be fine, but you do realize that the "Landmine" we have in the game is a PMN-2, right?

Also, I'm fairly doubtful underwater combat is going to be a thing. You could make a case for the ADS since it's a 5.45 rifle, but I'm not too sure you'd ever get to use it underwater.

Wow really are they gonna rename it?

Also I just like to look of them guns they look real sexy if it was a girl I would f***.

AK 47 and it varianets...

Intro as you all know the main assault rifles used in combat in dayz are the ak 74,akm,and m4 the rest are used sparecly ak 101 being the least used from what I've seen.

What this is basicly about is expanding the range if assault rifle/civilian variants to make the diversity of assault weapons more diverse so instead of just 3 main rifles expand it to 6-8 or 4-5 just to make it diverse as much as civilian weapons.though there's a lot more reasons to discuss I don't think I can argue much about since I'll get kos haters getting angry because its gonna kill the game thats why there's central loot economy .58 did a good job except the m4s,augs, umps I've found more m4s than aks. So just read.

I've got some weapons to suggest many will fit in fine some may not in other peoples opinions.

1-ak 47

Some pictures.....sorry no pictures to complicated to post a picture especially since the mods want spoilers and theres no way I'll figure out how to do that on a phone that not apple.

The ak 47 is the most commonly used assault rifle in the world as produced there's about 75 million rifles made right now more the than the mosin and all other aks combined. Its used by alllooott of countries and remember this is NOT russia(since ak 47 is out of service but still stored away) to those who think it is, it borders chernearas but its still not Russia so there's a chance its still used in servise or stored away when theres a big problem.

It should have the ability to have a bayonet attached to it and maybe a scope or suppreser. It should function the least out of all the aks but function simalr to akm more since the akm is a modernized variant. It should spawn in any general military local and maybe a very rare warehouse spawn indicating it was stored away or inside one of those giant containers for the cargo ships.while we already have the akm still there's way more of these out there and they have variants I will discuss next. Uses the 7.62×39mm round.

Ak 47 variants.....

Civilian ak. Basicly an ak 47 that fires in semi auto only and may have a slightly altered apperence. If these are added it should fire 7.62×39mm and should have 5r to 10 r mags that spawn as well and have the Devs make 7.62×39mm spawning sparingly in civilian areas(really this should have been happening along time ago as well as 45 acp and 9mm they have civilian guns more than they have military so it make since to have them spawn a little in civilian 9mm did it why can't these to do it)these will be rare maybe winchester rare to compare it since its a semi auto rifle should be allowed attachments and spray paint.

Ak47 variants conti.....aks

Not much info here just to say if the ak 47 does get added it should be able to have a folding butstock attached to it it spawns in this variant. Basicly all it is, is a ak 47 with a folding buttstock spawns rarer than ak 47 does. this aks variant should apply to all aks except aks 74u and ak 101 it would then be akms and aks 74.

2.an 94....

A complex version of the ak 74 basically. Uses ak 74 ammo and can mount all attachments added ingame for aks. Should spawn extremely rarely in police stations and general military capable of firing two round bursts or up to 1800 rounds a min.

Ak74m.......I heard there a model of it in game but I'm not sure if it'll be added it should be a good variant to the ak 74 would make perfect sence should come with a 40 round mag as well.

Ak 74 variant rpk 74.....

Just a bigger ak 74 configured for a lmg role I beilve it might be general purpose mg. Should spawn rarely in military locals and can be put in stance for the bipod to come in handy but can still aim down iron sight but the user will suffer bad recoil and lots of sway.

Rpk....

A bigger akm similar to the rpk 74 just chambers 7.62×39mm round instead of ak 74 ammo.

Rpd.....

An older mg isnt in service with Russia anymore but has possiblities to in this one were in it should spawn along the same sides as the ak 47 but much rarer. Uses 7.62×39mm rounds.

As val....

A silenced ak using vss rounds should spawn as rare as the vss when it comes back in .59. Should be able to use the scopes.

Ots 14 groza....

A bullpup assault rifle chambering the vss rounds should spawn as rare as the other guns that chamber that round. It should have its own attachments for itself.

That's about it for now there's a lot more weapons coming in and a lot of variantions of weapons that should be added. Hope you enjoy respond and tell me what you think with civiliced responses. I'll discuss more weapons in the future.

Hey, since we already got flanged maces and swords, can't we have something as awesome as a Halberd??

Halberd.jpg

I mean, look at this:

XD637.png

Svenska_hillebarder_%281500-talet%29%2C_

Isn't it beautiful? Don't you want to open some skulls with it? Poke someone's neck? Imagine, you see someone passing with a horse nearby you, you prepare an ambush and use the hook end of the Halberd to strike his chest and pull the guy out of the horse in a very friendly way! Wouldn't it be amazing guys?

Hellebarde prease!!1!1

Edited by Avant-Garde

Hey, since we already got flanged maces and swords, can't we have something as awesome as a Halberd??

Halberd.jpg

I mean, look at this:

XD637.png

Svenska_hillebarder_%281500-talet%29%2C_

Isn't it beautiful? Don't you want to open some skulls with it? Poke someone's neck? Imagine, you see someone passing with a horse nearby you, you prepare an ambush and use the hook end of the Halberd to strike his chest and pull the guy out of the horse in a very friendly way! Wouldn't it be amazing guys?

Hellebarde prease!!1!1

just beautiful I'd love to see this along with the rest of the medieval gear.

AK 47 and it varianets...

Intro as you all know the main assault rifles used in combat in dayz are the ak 74,akm,and m4 the rest are used sparecly ak 101 being the least used from what I've seen.

What this is basicly about is expanding the range if assault rifle/civilian variants to make the diversity of assault weapons more diverse so instead of just 3 main rifles expand it to 6-8 or 4-5 just to make it diverse as much as civilian weapons.though there's a lot more reasons to discuss I don't think I can argue much about since I'll get kos haters getting angry because its gonna kill the game thats why there's central loot economy .58 did a good job except the m4s,augs, umps I've found more m4s than aks. So just read.

I've got some weapons to suggest many will fit in fine some may not in other peoples opinions.

1-ak 47

Some pictures.....sorry no pictures to complicated to post a picture especially since the mods want spoilers and theres no way I'll figure out how to do that on a phone that not apple.

The ak 47 is the most commonly used assault rifle in the world as produced there's about 75 million rifles made right now more the than the mosin and all other aks combined. Its used by alllooott of countries and remember this is NOT russia(since ak 47 is out of service but still stored away) to those who think it is, it borders chernearas but its still not Russia so there's a chance its still used in servise or stored away when theres a big problem.

It should have the ability to have a bayonet attached to it and maybe a scope or suppreser. It should function the least out of all the aks but function simalr to akm more since the akm is a modernized variant. It should spawn in any general military local and maybe a very rare warehouse spawn indicating it was stored away or inside one of those giant containers for the cargo ships.while we already have the akm still there's way more of these out there and they have variants I will discuss next. Uses the 7.62×39mm round.

Ak 47 variants.....

Civilian ak. Basicly an ak 47 that fires in semi auto only and may have a slightly altered apperence. If these are added it should fire 7.62×39mm and should have 5r to 10 r mags that spawn as well and have the Devs make 7.62×39mm spawning sparingly in civilian areas(really this should have been happening along time ago as well as 45 acp and 9mm they have civilian guns more than they have military so it make since to have them spawn a little in civilian 9mm did it why can't these to do it)these will be rare maybe winchester rare to compare it since its a semi auto rifle should be allowed attachments and spray paint.

Ak47 variants conti.....aks

Not much info here just to say if the ak 47 does get added it should be able to have a folding butstock attached to it it spawns in this variant. Basicly all it is, is a ak 47 with a folding buttstock spawns rarer than ak 47 does. this aks variant should apply to all aks except aks 74u and ak 101 it would then be akms and aks 74.

2.an 94....

A complex version of the ak 74 basically. Uses ak 74 ammo and can mount all attachments added ingame for aks. Should spawn extremely rarely in police stations and general military capable of firing two round bursts or up to 1800 rounds a min.

Ak74m.......I heard there a model of it in game but I'm not sure if it'll be added it should be a good variant to the ak 74 would make perfect sence should come with a 40 round mag as well.

Ak 74 variant rpk 74.....

Just a bigger ak 74 configured for a lmg role I beilve it might be general purpose mg. Should spawn rarely in military locals and can be put in stance for the bipod to come in handy but can still aim down iron sight but the user will suffer bad recoil and lots of sway.

Rpk....

A bigger akm similar to the rpk 74 just chambers 7.62×39mm round instead of ak 74 ammo.

Rpd.....

An older mg isnt in service with Russia anymore but has possiblities to in this one were in it should spawn along the same sides as the ak 47 but much rarer. Uses 7.62×39mm rounds.

As val....

A silenced ak using vss rounds should spawn as rare as the vss when it comes back in .59. Should be able to use the scopes.

Ots 14 groza....

A bullpup assault rifle chambering the vss rounds should spawn as rare as the other guns that chamber that round. It should have its own attachments for itself.

That's about it for now there's a lot more weapons coming in and a lot of variantions of weapons that should be added. Hope you enjoy respond and tell me what you think with civiliced responses. I'll discuss more weapons in the future.

What purpose, besides as variety, does the AK-47 serve at this point? It's pretty needless with the AKM, and while it might be cool later it serves absolutely no purpose now. Most Eastern European countries have gotten rid of their AK-47s by this point anyway; AKMs are still kept in reserve and for second-line troops, but the actual AK-47 and its derivatives are more common in Africa, the MIddle East, Eastern Asia, etc than they are in Europe nowadays.

There's no real need for any civilian versions of the AK platform specifically - a 7.62x39mm Saiga would be far more appropriate, although really the SKS makes other civilian semi-auto 7.62x39 rifles pretty pointless.

I'm doubtful that the folding-stock series of AK rifles will ever be separate to those that can swap them all, and the underfolding stock used on the AKS-47 is in the game, usable on all AKs.

The AN-94, at this point, would only make the slightest sense at helicopter crashsites. There's no way the police or general military would have them, and considering that even the special forces groups that do have them rarely use them, it's hard to justify. An AK-12 would be better, IMO, because it's actually going into trials with the general Russian military as well as its SFs on a wide scale.

The AK-74M model you heard of became the AK-101. It's a pretty simple model change that can be done at any point, although I'm not sure it will.

RPK-74s and RPKs are fine, but neither is in service in Russia anymore. Only the RPK-74M still sees use.

The RPD is okay but it's not based on the AK platform in any way.

AS VAL is pretty needless because it's just a fiull auto VSS Vintorez with a pistol grip rather than wooden stock.

OTs-14s would be cool.

I know that there are many valid arguments for and against the inclusion of very heavy/high-powered weapons in DayZ Standalone. However, I believe that the inclusion of this one would be completely balanced and logical for the game.

PTRS-41

The PTRS-41 is a Soviet anti-tank rifle chambered in the massively powerful 14.5x114mm round (side note: many vehicle-mounted guns such as the KPV machine gun also use this round). It is a semi-automatic version of the bolt-action PTRD anti-tank rifle. By default the weapon only has iron sights but one can find and attach a scope. The rifle is extremely powerful, being designed to punch holes through heavy 40mm-thick armor at 100 meters. It can be used as a sniper rifle against infantry to devastating effect, however due to several drawbacks it cannot replace one's standard sniper rifle. The rifle itself weighs a monstrous 50 pounds, nearly twice the weight of any other small-arms weapon considered for DayZ (for recerence, the AKM weighs about 7 pounds fully loaded), and has a length of just over two meters. These factors (as well as the high recoil) make it impossible to use effectively in close quarters, so if flanked a PTRS-user is effectively dead without a sidearm. Once a proper weight/stamina system is implemented the weapon's size will hinder movement and CQB even more, and even when it is put away on your back, to the point where some players may consider going without a backpack to conserve weight. The ammunition would also be fairly rare for this weapon and it should not be very economical to carry (thinking 10-round stack size), meaning that using the PTRS-41 as a standard sniper rifle would be quite inefficient. The armor-piercing capabilities of this weapon mean that the main role of this weapon would be anti-vehicular fire and firing through multiple walls at a target. However due to the drawbacks only organized squads will be able to make effective use of it.

Images: https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/a/aa/PTRS_41.jpg/600px-PTRS_41.jpg

http://www.gunpics.net/russian/ptrs/PTRS001.jpg

https://sovietarmorer.files.wordpress.com/2014/10/9924978.jpg

Edited by OnionOfShame

Mosin Nagant M44 or M91/59 people? Carbine Mosin that can't take a PU, and has less range and accuracy with more muzzle flash, but can fit in a High Cap vests like SMG's?

Mosin Nagant M44 or M91/59 people? Carbine Mosin that can't take a PU, and has less range and accuracy with more muzzle flash, but can fit in a High Cap vests like SMG's?

Without the PU, as I said in the other thread, it's basically just a larger Obrez with ironsights & grass wrap (the bayonet will likely spawn detached as with the SKS and 91/30 bayonets.) It doesn't really fill a niche because the long Mosin is useful with the stopping power and higher accuracy while the Obrez is the short-ranged backup equivalent.

Allowing it to use the full range of Mosin attachments would make it a viable alternative. Plus, with some work you can put a PU on an M38/M44 anyway;

2701060_01_mosin_nagant_m44__640.jpg

278352_01_m44_russian_carbine_w_original

dsc02496.jpg_thumbnail1.jpg

Mosin Nagant M44 or M91/59 ... can fit in a High Cap vests like SMG's?

Yeah, no. Do we also get to put Blaze 95s, AKMs, MP133s and almost every other gun inside a vest?

• Like 2

The design and action of the MP133 and AKM don't allow for sawing off. The Blaze does, and I think it should be possible.

With that said I know you can fit optics to the M44 if you put a PU Sniper bolt on, and I guess if they make it defaulted with that curved bolt like the 91/30 that would be fine.

Ruger Gunsite Scout:

The Ruger Gunsite Scout is an expensive, but highly desired .308 Scout rifle since it's release in 2011. It is a bolt action rifle that fires a .308 Winchester cartridge (with a .223 model announced in 2014 on its way,) from a fairly compact and lightweight package. It is only 1m long, with a weight of only 3.2kg. It has a built in kick pad to help reduce the recoil impulse of such a large caliber round being fired from a small rifle, and comes default with peep iron sights attached with a picatinny rail. Because of this picatinny rail, it is capable of using any Zeiss or other optics that use picatinny rails (meaning this rifle can use both the ACOG style sights and the Hunting Scope.) Magazine is a 10 round detachable magazine.

Basically, this rifle will perform the role of the Winchester, but slightly better, but requires much more investment into the gun as you need to find the magazine to use it properly. The bullet drop will also be slightly more due to the shorter barrel. With the upcoming FN FAL also, it could possibly be made to be able to use the same magazines as the FN FAL, though I do not know if they are interchangeable.

Here's a video of it:

And here's a nice photo of it:

RugerGunsiteScout556-F.jpg

• Like 1

Again an Sporter 22 OREL edition, with more attachments the ability to put an ACOG, and Red dot on it, the ability to put a weapon flashlight on it and it just looks badass, maybe a silencer too? (for taking down zombies without alarming every zombie in town)

546352_01_ruger_10_22_semi_automatic_640

Spawns in Police stations, Firestation rooftop, and in police cars, pretty rare too although less rare than the MP5-K

and ofcourse a drummag:

ruger-10-22-gsg-110-round-drum-magazine.

I mean if an OP Ak can have a drummag than so should the Sporter, the drummag would be perfect for killing hordes of zombies, and would also make the gun balance better in pvp situations

The Drummag can be found in any civilian place and mostly spawns empty (although bigger chance to spawn in police station and police cars)

what about a 5 shots .380 ACP mini revolver taking 2 slots in the inventory ?

I'd much rather have small .380 automatic and have revolvers stick with .22 and .357.

I'd much rather have small .380 automatic and have revolvers stick with .22 and .357.

one won't hurt adds some uniqueness in the revolver category of weapons since theres only one though a small .380 acp semi auto handgun would be just as good just do both.

Almost to 100k views.

It is amazing how quickly this thread grew.

Many thanks to you all!

Could you like... I dunno... update the first post or are you just doing what I'm doing and saying "There's no f*cking way I'm reading through all of this to figure out what's been suggested".

Could you like... I dunno... update the first post or are you just doing what I'm doing and saying "There's no f*cking way I'm reading through all of this to figure out what's been suggested".

I could most certainly update the first post when i have time.

I am planning on doing a re-vote for all weapon sections as well.

Just hang in there...

If a compact 2 slot .380 firearm was to be added I'd rather see a Taurus Curve to be honest:

Taurus-Curve-380-ACP.jpg

It looks very badass and space agey in design, and is ultra compact. The curve is supposed to make it more comfortable to hold and shoot, and they come with built in flashlights and laser sights (just attach a battery!) Also, this gives you a rough idea of the size:

a20d1f84af98cbd918ff20935efdc79a.jpg

They use 6 round detachable magazines, and have no sights, so you do have to use the laser to get the full effect of the handgun. They are very short ranged however. This provides an alternative to the Derringer for an ultra compact pistol.