alexeistukov

The Community's List of Suggested Weapons for Dayz Standalone (Version: 1.29)

I will try to keep the melee weapons realistic to the game.  Katanas or other asian style blades/ melee weapons will never be added to this list.  There is no chance in hell of finding a katana in Chenarus.

Every 19 years old who has an iq lower than 100 has a katana on their wall.

It doesn't have to be a katana, it can be an old collectible sword. People like to put swords on their wall.

It doesn't have to be a katana, it can be an old collectible sword. People like to put swords on their wall.

I understand that, but an Asian blade being in a dirt poor war torn country like chenarus? I think not. I agree with swords and other European medieval weapon.

Edited by AlexeiStukov
  • Like 1

I understand that, but an Asian blade being a dirt poor war torn country like chenarus? I think not. I agree with swords and European medieval weapon.

Something like this:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Soviet-Russian-Russia-USSR-Vintage-Post-WW2-Officers-Shashka-Sword-w-Scabbard-/131023592079?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e819d5a8f

or one of these:

http://russiansword.com/swords_for_sale.html

Exactly, although it depends on how many were made, how often they were used, what flaws/advantages they proved to have, etc.

Added the RPD Light Machine Gun and the RPK-74 Light Machine Gun

Well, people like to put what is commonly referred to as "wall hangers" on their walls. The swords people hang on their walls are usually made for show and are not functional swords. The reason for this is that a functional sword is very expensive. Sure you can use a "wall hanger" in a fight, but it will usually be too heavy, unbalanced, crome plated or any of several other things that make it less preferable in a fight. I have handled several "real" swords back in the days, both asian (used to practice Iaido) and different historical blades (used to practice historical reenactment showfighting).

That said, I'm all for old cavalry sabres and such. The ceremonial swords used by armies in parades and such are mostly real. And since they aren't normally used other than for show, they can be maintained pretty well over the years, and some could be found in the homes of retired, former military officers for example. Even some european police forces carried swords not too long ago, before they all switched to batons.

But to find an old european longsword or a katana that was made for fighting is pretty much impossible.

You do know that they are Chernarussians/Chernarus Defense Force,  not soviets, right? The Americans were part of a NATO force

Machine Gun poll is up!  Vote away!!!!  :) 

God Bless  :D

You do know that they are Chernarussians/Chernarus Defense Force,  not soviets, right? The Americans were part of a NATO force

Chernarus used to be a Soviet State and it still uses many weapons that were from the old Soviet Union.

Firstly, the high velocity of M4 rounds makes the weapon much more deadly than the typical 5.56 NATO Assault Rifle.

They use the same ammo. M855 ball is the standard round used in most NATO 5.56 rifles including the M16/M4 and AUG/A3. Also all modern small arms fire high velocity rounds, not just the M4. Where are you getting your information from? I'm sorry to tell you it is incorrect.

Can we get the MG3 added? It is a current GPMG in Germany,Denmark,Finland,Austria and Estonia.

I will most likely add it in the next poll we do for Machine Guns (all sections get 3 polls)

Going to be adding the following tomorrow:

Composite Hunting Bow

Makeshift Crossbow

Slingshot

Scythe

Smith and Wesson Model 19 Revolver

Edited by AlexeiStukov

Added the Scythe, Molotov Cocktail, and Obrez Pistol / Rifle

Added the Composite Bow

RPD, RPK, RPK-74 and PKM make sense. PKM makes the most sense. Pecheneg is meh. Mk48 makes the least sense, I heard it was being phased out as well. M240 would just a less fitting PKM clone and perhaps FN MAG too. M249/FN Minimi is somewhat conspicuously missing. I think the only reason people would want M240s and Mk48s is because they were in the mod so "they must" be in the standalone or it feels like something's missing.

Added the Recurve Bow

If the Devs decide to add the caliber 7.62x25mm, they could open the door to many firearms.. including 3 of them on this list (Tokarev TT-33, Nagant M1895, and the PPSH-41)  Hell, many variants of the PP type sub machine guns could be added.  Hope they consider...

RPD, RPK, RPK-74 and PKM make sense. PKM makes the most sense. Pecheneg is meh. Mk48 makes the least sense, I heard it was being phased out as well. M240 would just a less fitting PKM clone and perhaps FN MAG too. M249/FN Minimi is somewhat conspicuously missing. I think the only reason people would want M240s and Mk48s is because they were in the mod so "they must" be in the standalone or it feels like something's missing.

I was going to add the M249, but then i read more and saw the the MK48 was a more modern variant and since it was in the MOD.  I do agree with you on the philosophy of why people want certain weapons in the standalone because they are just from the MOD.  The MOD version did not make sense on some of the weapon choices, however it was EXTREMELY successful in its true purpose.  I add the MOD part in these descriptions to help re-enforce the possiblity of it being added.  I will add the M249 in the next poll.

By the way: i will be doing a poll for all the weapons that were recently added so they can have their first poll and be matched up with the other weapons in their section (Date and Time not decided yet)

Edited by AlexeiStukov

I was going to add the M249, but then i read more and saw the the MK48 was a more modern variant and since it was in the MOD.  I do agree with you on the philosophy of why people want certain weapons in the standalone because they are just from the MOD.  The MOD version did not make sense on some of the weapon choices, however it was EXTREMELY successful in its true purpose.  I add the MOD part in these descriptions to help re-enforce the possiblity of it being added.  I will add the M249 in the next poll.

Mk48 is basically a 7.62 Minimi developed specifically for and used by USSOCOM and produced since 2003, FN Minimi is used by dozens of countries and has been produced since 1974, so it makes more sense to me. But as far as M249 or Minimi it depends on the backstory, is it US? NATO? If NATO, which country? Etc. The M249 is the modified US version, the Minimi is what most others use.

fWBAt6J.png

Added the RPD Light Machine Gun and the RPK-74 Light Machine Gun

Where's the black powder list?

Where's the black powder list?

There will be no black powder section, however the black powder rifles will be put under the about to be renamed Rifles and Blackpowder section.

Mk48 is basically a 7.62 Minimi developed specifically for and used by USSOCOM and produced since 2003, FN Minimi is used by dozens of countries and has been produced since 1974, so it makes more sense to me. But as far as M249 or Minimi it depends on the backstory, is it US? NATO? If NATO, which country? Etc. The M249 is the modified US version, the Minimi is what most others use.

fWBAt6J.png

I understand that as i have that most of that information in the description.  

Chernarus used to be a Soviet State and it still uses many weapons that were from the old Soviet Union.

They still aren't soviets, though. Nice list.

• Like 1