zv0n3

Rain -> FPS drop (it is not the rain, but still FPS drop )

So when i joined server 30 minutes ago it was raining.
As soon i saw it i new  it will decrese my fps, but my frame rate droped only by 3-5 fps (my fps in wilderness is usuali around 34, while it was raining it was around 29, all settings set to very low or off).

I was happy with it, but then bad things strated to happen...

As time was passing my fps kept droping slowly...

After around 20 minutes fps droped to 1 and i had to restart the game.
I recconnected again and same thing happened.

Anyone had problem like this?

my specs:

yes i know notebooks are not for games, but that is all i have :(

Intel® Core i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz x4
geforce GT 740m (2gb)
4gb RAM
windows 8.1 64 bit

Edited by Lord_Slayer
  • Like 2

Just had a similar problem, have never had frames at a constant 1-5 fps..but that's what happened.

I was just in a server with rain that was on/off every 5 minutes or so.  Didn't seem to affect my performance.  I've actually noticed a bit better fps in the major apartment cities since the update. 

Hello :D

The rain is actually lowing everybodys fps from like 40 to 15 so its now that cool

yes, but my fps is around 29 first few minutes and then it starts droping slowly...

i don't know if this is since new patch because i have never seen rain before this patch

same problem here! massive FPS drop as soon as it starts raining AFTER a couple of minutes. Couldn't even log out. Game went completely unresponsive, had to kill the process.

Edited by Leviathan-LoneWolf

Your computer suck plain and simple.

It's a big sandbox. The effect of rain covers the whole sandbox. 1+1 = 2.

yes, but when rain starts fps drop should happen immediately, not 20 minutes after the rain started...

yes, but when rain starts fps drop should happen immediately, not 20 minutes after the rain started...

Like I said. It's your computer. The load becomes too much as you load in more objects.

Like I said. It's your computer. The load becomes too much as you load in more objects.

no.

its no constant or one-time FPS drop. It's gradually getting worse until game freezes. Plus most people that do get FPS drops have potent rigs.

rain was taken out realier in December for a reason.

Still there seems to be a work around in editing a .cfg file. gonna try this.

My bet is rain will betaken out again until it's running smooth on most machines. Needs further fine tuning.

• Like 1

I had similar problem today, I was on a hill and I had FPS lag when it was raining. Not all the time tho.

I don't think my computer is too bad for this game, few months old and spent lots of money on the parts.

Rain hasn't changed my fps but I have noticed a slight drop in fps when coming into cities where as before everything was fairly smooth.

i7-3770k clocked @ 4.2ghz.  16g of ddr3 1333 ram.  HiS 7850 2gb slightly overclocked.  60 fps in the open most settings maxed but it halves now down to about 30 in places like Berizino where I use to get 40-50 fps.

i played on servers without rain, and same fps drop happened, so it must be the new patch... :(

My performance took a major dive with this last patch. Before today, no issues with performance at all, but  now it's so laggy it's unplayable...locks up as well and stops responding. Seems like a memory leak, as longer on...worse it gets until the lock up.

i7 960 3.2 ghz cpu  ...   6 gig ram .... ati 6750 w/2gigs ddr5 ram ....  win 7 pro.   sata 6 HD.

P.S.  Just wanted to add..I really like the changes and all coming, I did not mean to sound complaining, just wanted to inform of my situation.

thanks

Edited by just4me
  • Like 1

I've never had an issue with my FPS until today. I don't know if it's the rain or if it's the "Optimization of synchronization of textures/materials" that was suppose to increase FPS slightly, but I start off with good FPS but after about 10 or so minutes playing I'm down to 0 FPS and the game locks up.

So when i joined server 30 minutes ago it was raining.

As soon i saw it i new  it will decrese my fps, but my frame rate droped only by 3-5 fps (my fps in wilderness is usuali around 34, while it was raining it was around 29, all settings set to very low or off).

I was happy with it, but then bad things strated to happen...

As time was passing my fps kept droping slowly...

After around 20 minutes fps droped to 1 and i had to restart the game.

I recconnected again and same thing happened.

Anyone had problem like this?

my specs:

yes i know notebooks are not for games, but that is all i have :(

Intel® Core i3-3120M CPU @ 2.50GHz x4

geforce GT 740m (2gb)

4gb RAM

windows 8.1 64 bit

Same for me. DayZ is pretty much unplayable for me :(

But I encountered no rain any of the times I tried to play.

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Everyone here who has had FPS drops after a few minutes of playing. Have you use any in game maps at all? My FPS drop starting hitting me soon after I used my map a few times. Could be nothing could be something. 

me and my mate have had this crashing problem all day now we cannot even play without freezing and the lock up HELP

This is happening as soon as we enter the server lag lag  and freeze or just instant freeze, at best we can moon walk lol and we have tried loads of servers

What going off guys

Edited by blueleader

The rain looks horrible. They should look at mods for Skyrim which made it look real. Some games have it looking real to of course but i can't remember which ones.