Sign in to follow this  
chernojourno

DayZ SA Event: The Elektro Peace Walk

There are lots of posts around here promoting banditry, coming up with excuses for killing others apart from greed and warning of the dangers that exist in Elektro. For those who don't subscribe to kill or be killed and want Elektro to be a place of peace I invite you to join the Elektro Peace Walk.

We will be walking peacefully from one end of Elektro to the other and encouraging other survivors and bandits to walk with us. Once we have traversed Elektro we will hold a rally for peace outside the school house. The event will be covered by the Chernarus free press and will feature on the Cherno Journo YouTube channel. So next week you can keep killing each other for gear or lay down your arms and walk for peace in Elektro.

Date and times have not been set yet but if your keen to walk or just want to came along and witness DayZ history then join the steam group for more info.

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/ElektroPeaceWalk

If anyone is interested in following events live these are the participants that are streaming.

Cherno Journo http://www.twitch.tv/cherno_journo

Edited by Cherno Journo
  • Like 9

Count me in. :)

Edited by kichilron

After dodging six SKS rounds from some unkown sniping position today while rummaging for food ....

I think I'll pass. ^-^

Have fun though guys, it's real sweet of you. Naive but sweet >.>

I'll be a guard from afar, make sure no one try's to make it "un peacefull". ;)

• Like 1

I'm down, but we should hire some bodyguards. Someone has to protect the hippies.

Quick, Dean! Add disco pants, Volkswagen vans, riot gear and fire hoses to Elektro before this event happens

Don't know whether or not to have my team gun you all down, join in, or sit on a hill, watching, and picking off bandits who want to disturb teh march... Personally, I would love to see this work... Can't say for the others though XD

• Like 1

I find the responses here interesting. yes it may be dangerous and it will be hard to pull off but anything worthwhile is. We may be attacked, we may be killed but we are determined to go ahead and march for peace regardless. If some bandits want to come and troll us or try and ruin our event then so be it - it reflects on them not us. 

For those who want to watch and want details on dates and time you'll need to join the steam group. These details will not be publicly announced. Some of us will stream the Peace Walk so you can follow us on twitch. I'll update the original post with Twitch.tv addresses when they come through. 

I'm down, but we should hire some bodyguards. Someone has to protect the hippies.

Altamont! Anyone born after 1980 may want to google it + Rolling Stones.

• Like 2

When are you guys gunna do it? I'd join the peacewalk if I was empty geared but unfortunately that's not gunna happen unless somebody already shot me down.  

You do realise what's going to happen, don't you?

Seeing as you're properly organising it, a small group of troll bandits are going to get the date/time and kill you all as you walk.

• Like 1

Cherno Journo, the new Meredith Hunter.

• Like 1

Are Zeds invited? I assume this new utopian Chernarus won't tolerate any discrimination?

Edited by Mandrake

You do realise what's going to happen, don't you?

Seeing as you're properly organising it, a small group of troll bandits are going to get the date/time and kill you all as you walk.

A small trolling group of bandits will show up and be shot by people that don't want to see unarmed peaceful players get slaughtered by scared little teddy bear bandits with guns.

I'm in. I suggest all of us marchers along with those there to protect the marchers (excepting snipers) walk together, all heavily armed. Bandits will think twice before firing at a larger, armed group that is prepared to have them shot dead in seconds. I know it's a peace walk, but I don't have a problem with using force in defense of peace when it becomes necessary.

What will we call it when it turns into the biggest bloodbath in DayZ SA history? 

If me and my team are online at the time

The Regulators will protect you Cherno journo if we can make it and if it's at a good time for us

Eiether way good luck and you have our support

Even if I can't make it personally I'll see if I can get some of the guys to match the timezone :)

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 1