rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental branch: 0.34.XXXXX

Uhm.. after the tens of millions of Euros that you got from purchases, i would have figured u would speed up the updates not slow them down to a full STOP. Taking a vacation to celebrate or what? Really hope you don't come back with a new Cowboy Hat in 2 weeks...

They're working hard trust me. There is a reason games take 3 - 7 years to make.

They're working hard trust me. There is a reason games take 3 - 7 years to make.

I work in the game industry, and no, a AAA game takes about 1-2 years to make. From Alpha to Release. I was just mentioning that they seem to have slowed down now that they are successful, and that makes no sense, i keep hearing and reading that people are moving to other similar games "not going to name them" and i would think the response would be to pick up the speed not slow down...Me and my friends have stopped playing and  are waiting for an update.. I gets old to get gear and just go to Electro.. and kill//die. Anyway.. Games don't come out in 3-7 years. Not when they have a high or medium budget.

I mean average, which i'd guess is about 3.3, the average AAA game i play is far more than 2 years. Deus Ex, Thief 4, HL2, Metro. I've worked closely with professional programmers as an animator and checked the logs daily watching everyone make their updates to the dev branch and i would recommend you get used to the possibility of major updates not occurring every week.

Edited by Thane

I have to say so far I am impressed with what I see so far. I just came from a game created by the most horrid company EVER. EA that company can take their games and go shove it where the sun don't shine. I'll NEVER EVER buy another game from EA again. I played the "Pay-to-win" game of theirs for 4 yrs "Battlefield Heroes" and they are the most laziest,rude,greedy,incompetent company EVER! I don't know why I stayed with them for so long. I guess I had hopes they would change. Silly me even after they got new management witch was worse than the old I got sick and tired of them. They crap on their own community and when you go on their forums to discuss a flaw in the game your attacked by all the brown nosing child like punks. Ugh! it was aweful and I'm glad I was introduced to this game. I played other games as well were content and updates were few and far between. This game here though seems to be on top of things as far as a Alpha goes. My only complaint would be the template of the website/forums. It's a little non-user friendly and I don't like getting my news from Twitter feeds either. The black background makes it hard to read font's in some cases this is why I did mine in red. I've been reading posts all about the forums and the community really seems friendly for the most part. As far as the game goes I love this game and think it's great. Can't wait to see what new content will be implemented in the future but hopefully not to far in the future. The running around on foot all the time kinda sux. a bicycle would be nice all though I hear of vehicles and other rumors as well. The clan I am in CWar= Combined Warfare we play this game we also use TS3. If anyone would like to join us on our TS3=TeamSpeak 3 please hit me with a PM on here or feel free to add me as a friend on Steam my username is CWar_Gochief thx for reading this.

Edited by Gochief
  • Like 1

Holy wall of red text. I won't be reading that for the simple fact it's pretty obnoxious to post in red text like that.

• Like 2

I work in the game industry, and no, a AAA game takes about 1-2 years to make. From Alpha to Release. I was just mentioning that they seem to have slowed down now that they are successful, and that makes no sense, i keep hearing and reading that people are moving to other similar games "not going to name them" and i would think the response would be to pick up the speed not slow down...Me and my friends have stopped playing and  are waiting for an update.. I gets old to get gear and just go to Electro.. and kill//die. Anyway.. Games don't come out in 3-7 years. Not when they have a high or medium budget.

And I'm a chinese fighter pilot. See how this works?

Good job for this games , it would be cool to integrate weapons halted

Anyone else getting half the fps they normally get in experimental, but all good in stable?

Not complaining at all, just want to see how common it may be.

My specs aren't the best but aren't the worst. - MSI GT-60 Laptop:

http://www.cnet.com/laptops/msi-gt60-0ne-220us/4507-3121_7-35406334.html

PS: my CPU is only 2.3GHz, but it has a maximum of 3.3GHz?

Anyone know how I can get that extra 1.0GHz out of it?

Edited by TEST_SUBJECT_83

Anyone else getting half the fps they normally get in experimental, but all good in stable?

cant get a extra ghz out of it its laptop if you could clock it stable that high it would overheat it badly

And I'm a chinese fighter pilot. See how this works?

Solid argument from a 'Merican.

Ignore Shister, he's correct on some level, most laptops don't like being overclocked, but we GT60 owners have TURBO MODE! Doesn't literally automatically kick the clock up there but...well, some technical garbage and basically it works faster. You should be fine though without the boost. I've had the 0NC with the GT650M for a year and half now and I've never turned on Turbo and can play BF3, DayZ, CoD, and some others without a prob. I too though have had a serious FPS drop though in stable. From what I'm hearing though it's common to some other peeps too.

Edited by BillyBobJoe
  • Like 1

No good games do, if you're in the industry you don't know very much about it, or you work for EA and think games like BF quailfy as finished product

doesn't seem to be any experimental servers that I can find for some reason,

there all stable branch servers

can anyone explain this for me please ?

Edited by Scott61

you need to first open steam, right click on DayZ SA and click properties.

then betas tab, and OPT IN TO BETA (EXPerimental)

then when you run DayZ all servers except a handful will be RED with an X (meaning you cant play normal servers), but there will be 6 or so green servers (experimental) that you can play

Hate to sound greedy, but I guess it is greed....

WHENS THE NEXT UPDATE??

It's like christmas every time we get an update! Sometimes the relief of a bug I found irritating, sometimes some awesome "Cowboy gear" :P Loving it all though, and loving the game!

Thank you Rocket, Bohemia and all the Developers....Keep those updates coming! :)

Edited by valduane

Am I missing some irony ore meme here?

Oops, nope, just me being a moron!... :P fixed

If you break your leg, you will not be able to move like in this video. Very incorrect animation.
But in DayZ SA you can! ;)

* my pants were worn, it's very truly and correctly.

IMHO.

OH hey an animation that is obviously a placeholder! Lets point at it and say "legs don't work like that when broken. silly devs" like they don't know it isn't accurate....

• Like 1

I'm breaking my legs pretty often after the last update ^^ While running on the stairs or "falling" from a height of 0.5 meter. I'm tired to search for new pants and my mates are tired to search for morphine for me hahah. The ATC tower stairs are very dangerous :D i'm hurting myself on them almost everytime or I even break my legs there. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one breaking my legs there... It's kinda funny but I guess it's just my mentality, because such bugs should be annoying for players.

I'm breaking my legs pretty often after the last update ^^ While running on the stairs or "falling" from a height of 0.5 meter. I'm tired to search for new pants and my mates are tired to search for morphine for me hahah. The ATC tower stairs are very dangerous :D i'm hurting myself on them almost everytime or I even break my legs there. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one breaking my legs there... It's kinda funny but I guess it's just my mentality, because such bugs should be annoying for players.

+

We just remind to developers about this. :beans:  :D

Guys, lats calm down, devs aren't posting because they made shit loads of cashish and so they went on a bender http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=bender

They'll be back in couple of days, once they sober up, get rid of hangover and in some cases get bailed out, they'll be back to work on DayZ.

Now how do I know that ? 

Because that's what I would do.  B)

To point out a simple fact.  Take Bethesda, mix Fallout 3 and Skyrim together.  But with the new gen graphics and processing speeds, Make it multiplayer, with Characters having skills and attribute levels..and crafting. etc.  In the Post apocalyptic zombie scenario.   Now... Why has this not been done.  People try and fail.  Stop frackin failing.  Do or do not.  There is no try.   And yes... with all of the millions there should be game updates daily.  Quit your goddamn fapping and get your  ass back to work.  Or do you need to be hog tied by a bunch of fat ugly motorcycle riding bull dykes that have a fetish for CBT and Sissyfication.   Toot your goddamn horn to someone else.  Not very impressed.  Try harder and I might be.  Sort your sh$* out.

Edited by White Wizard