rocket

Pending Changelog: Experimental branch: 0.34.XXXXX

im having trouble understanding the mistery about the next update as well :)

leaving me deranged and confused

and confused and deranged

I think they sneak things on and we don't notice most the time. The other day I actually found a frying pan on the SA. Makes me wonder what we miss. I swear there are times the map is changed without our knowledge. Like there are more streams at higher elevations, which I thought couldn't be done yet because water could only be done at sea level.

Sorry no-one get's news about the next patch before the dev's do, so hold your horses, opening up threads to say you read the official thread with the most up to date and recent information.  But you'd like some people to tell you more is just.....

Fortunately I'm the Pre-programmer for DayZ so I program all the data before the dev's and oh boy I can tell you what....

Unicorns and magic carpets are about to hit experimental, currently to get a UNICORN, you must form a circle on the peak of klen and sacrifice a person of each gender and every race currently ingame.  They must stand in a fire that you have constructed until they burn to death females must be done first.

The magic carpet is done in the same place with the same sacrifices as the first but they must be killed with a machete instead by a single player wearing no pants then the player who kill's that person in single combat unarmed vs machete will get the magic carpet.

edit: I know this is a stupid waste of time but not as much as this thread.

Edited by Window Licker

Any news about 0.36 ?

got scrapped.

IP got sold to Activision and they plan to rezise the map to 0.05km² and NWAF will be dlc.

• Like 2

Changelog would be nice. What would really be good is if the devs started actually posting everything on here. Scattered information on reddit and twitter is really just not good enough IMO. Keep it all in one place.

• Like 4

Changelog would be nice. What would really be good is if the devs started actually posting everything on here. Scattered information on reddit and twitter is really just not good enough IMO. Keep it all in one place.

First 2 sentences - I agree, last 2 sentences - I wouldn't've bothered typing those but hey, this is this internet I suppose.

• Like 1

First 2 sentences - I agree, last 2 sentences - I wouldn't've bothered typing those but hey, this is this internet I suppose.

And I could retort similarly. Your first 3 words were all that was needed, in fact you didn't even need to post at all. You don't even need to play dayz, or post here, like, ever.

Edited by Irenicus

And I could retort similarly. Your first 3 words were all that was needed, in fact you didn't even need to post at all. You don't even need to play dayz, or post here, like, ever.

But I so wanted to agree with you, I just didn't want people to think I agreed with the bit where you were being a wanker, so I didn't give my beans. No beans for you. Maybe a rotten kiwi.

• Like 1

That, as far as I understood, has historical reasons. Apparently it all started on 4chan and afterwards rocket posted on reddit to mindstorm ideas with the "pre-" fanbase. At least there is this now: http://forums.dayzgame.com/index.php?/forum/131-devtracker/

The Wizards Den

1) SKS, does not do enough damage. 

2) Machete's  are not plentiful enough,  should be more common, also they do not do enough damage.  They should be able to hack off zombie limbs and players arms easily... My machete's at home can.  Work on this.

2 a.)  Also, Its Russia, Add in the massive wheat scythe.  One hit kills.

3) More big kitchen knives in kitchens need to spawn.  Its Russia, visualize big fat Russian women singing songs while chopping up veggies or other bloody things in their kitchens.  More knives, and add in big cleavers. 

4) Bows and or Crossbows, craftable items?  Also potential to make poison arrows and or bolts using berries.  Something to think on.

5) Molotov cocktails, gasoline in bottles with rag fuse.  Add Zippo lighter.  

6) Bullets should not destroy just about everything in a targets backpack.  this is unrealistic.  I want you to get a Mosin, An SKS, a .357, and a .45, then get all the different types of backpacks and other gear, go out and conduct tests using those weapons and various calibers of ammo from various ranges.  Adjust the damages to equipment ingame based on your findings through the scientific method.  Ie.. go shoot more guns.  Also do this with a Machete... get a nice Columbian Machete... purchase some massive slabs of meat, put on a hook and then conduct hacking/slashing experiments. 

7) just so you know... A Ruger 10/22 is lethal even out to 400 yards...   Its lethal out to 400 yards.  Check Iraqiveteran8888 channel on youtube if you do not believe me.  Most underestimated caliber in the minds of stupid people ever. 

Also... If you even think about performing any of the experiments noted above.  Do so in a very responsible and safe manner... No goddamn jackassery on the shooting range!  Save that for ingame.  Also... If a Mod sees this post.  Please edit the color of the text for me to White... I tried but it would not work... thought blue would be cool..but it just strains the eyes.  Ty.

Edited by White Wizard
  • Like 1

Pushing 0.36.115535 to Steam/Experimental branch

Pretty please can we see a change log in new thread..  :beans:  :beans:  :beans:

Edited by MadTommy

Furthermore to White Wizards post.....

Take an axe and hit various different materials (stone, wood, metal etc) and make notes or even better record the sounds made. I'm still yet to find the material that gives the bullet sounds...

Just downloaded a new update for the experimental branch (0.36.115535). Any news? What's going on?

Edited by AgainstArseholes

Just downloaded a new update for the experimental branch (0.36.115535). Any news? What's going on?

actually they push a new Patch on Experimental, Check Twitter.

You now get notifications when you get wet and when you're not getting wet while it's raining.

New status updates as well related to this: Damp, wet, soaked.

Edited by AgainstArseholes

So far, I'm seeing floating objects in the small warehouses and seeing gates which are out of placement in Svetlo.

NIfty eat all function, nice!

Edited by ramstormrage

So far, I'm seeing floating objects in the small warehouses and seeing gates which are out of placement in Svetlo.

Sounds good.

• Like 1