aeoliana

I have never had so much fun

Staring at a black screen watching numbers count down because I'd rather spend 5 minutes doing nothing ...

Am I doing something wrong? I never saw the counter.

... than spend 20 running to another town with fewer and worse quality spawns.

I bet the other server had a restart in this time. :P

Play the game instead?

But the same could be said about people who bitch about server hoppers. When you go into a server an nearly everything is looted wheres the fun in that? I've made long, boring trips from the northern airfield down to Balota, to a bunch of other places and all of them were looted, so how is it fair for me to just stay in the server and wait for a restart?

And numbers =/= survival rate. It's all about your play style. Relying on numbers to survive most of the times could be a crutch, someone fucks up, like shoots when they need to be silent, or makes a wrong step, anyone could be alerted to your area and safeties come off. 

You don't have to wait for a restart. You can loot other places than just Airfields. From NWAF to balota there's three places with excellent spawns. Or you could ambush someone that's already geared. If successful, you'll get a real good feeling. In fact to enjoy this game, you don't actually need a LRS mosin or M4 with 600 rounds.

And I get that you're not always safer with a group, but it tends to be more fun that way. Atleast when you're actually playing the game, and not just jumping from server to server. T

I really hope this was just the first step to combat server hoppers and combat loggers.

• Like 1

The op has a point that has been bothering me about the timer, sure it will slow hoppers down, but in no way will it stop them, why the hell wouldn't they eat the timer? The alternative is to spend 30 minutes to an hour running to another loot spot with equal or lesser spawns, sure for most of us the looting on the way the tension and the potential fights make it worth it, but to them? All they want is to gear up as fast as possible, so they will invariably eat the timer.

Slowing them down is enough. They are not guaranteed to find an unlooted Elektro in their second server, it's likely to take several attempts. Then, once they find one, they can't instantly switch to another and do it again. All that time they spend in waiting screens is time legit players can use to loot the servers.

People play the game different ways, by adding the hop timers they've increased the time it takes the players that want to gear up and fight to be able to achieve that experience. They're stifling the game by introducing these artificial constructs meant to force players to follow a specific 'vision' for the game. Metagaming happens no matter what you do to prevent it, you don't need introduce a feature that negatively impacts every single person that plays the game to try and mitigate it.

Go play COD, there you don't have to gear up!!

And please, don't come back.

But the same could be said about people who bitch about server hoppers. When you go into a server an nearly everything is looted wheres the fun in that? I've made long, boring trips from the northern airfield down to Balota, to a bunch of other places and all of them were looted, so how is it fair for me to just stay in the server and wait for a restart?

And numbers =/= survival rate. It's all about your play style. Relying on numbers to survive most of the times could be a crutch, someone fucks up, like shoots when they need to be silent, or makes a wrong step, anyone could be alerted to your area and safeties come off. 

yes its possible to go from town to town finding them looted means you have to change your path and head to the lesser towns to find your loot and boo hoo it means it takes you longer to find all your gear , this is ment to be a hard survival game not a quick loot trip hit pvp game.

But lets look at your solution hmm server hop so you are looting towns/bases across multiple servers making it loot less for those who have played the game as its intended. People have a right to complain about server hoppers your using an exploit your ruining the experience the game developers intended. Dont agree with me well take your arguement to BIS to ROCKET  there the ones trying to stop or limit server hoppers.....

Basicly you are scum who dont have the patience to play the game as intended it has nothing to do with play styles you can play any way you want short of hacking cheating exploiting and you are exploiting.....

Dayz is not a game made for everyone it was not ment to be a casual experience and your chasing a casual easy experience find your loot easy pvp killing people who have found there loot the hard way ( usually by hopping into a server catching someone who has been carefull but has no counter for the person who was not there before but now magically is).

Conclusion if you wish to cry there limiting your server hopping then Dayz aint the game for you thanks for the 30 $  donation go play something else cause server hopping will only get harder to do not easier so yes your dumb ass style of play is being limited it will ruin your fun not the fun of people trying to play as intended.

STFU....

• Like 1

I've never had so much fun killing combat loggers who didn't read the patch notes!

• Like 8

love the new patch.

now the hoppers even coem here and rant!

I've never had so much fun killing combat loggers who didn't read the patch notes!

this!!!

i am patroulling the coast line! so happy! the d-sync punching is gone!!!!

• Like 1

It's not mainly about stopping server hoppers... it's about making them wait for what they do to this game, even it's a short period of time. And it's against ghosting, which is also very annoying. And you dare to say server hopping is a way of playing this game and devs shouldn't force you to stop hopping? So cheating is also legit, because it's just a way of playing dayz? Yeah would be nice if they disable Anitcheatsoftware, it's cruel to force a cheater to stop teleporting or spawning stuff, just because it's his way of playing this game... I hope this timer will get much more longer or they find a way to really piss server hoppers off.

• Like 2

I think when you exit a server, your character should remain in it for the duration of the timer (at LEAST 10 minutes). This simulates your 'settling down to sleep', so you need to find a quiet, safe place to do it.

Edit: perhaps you could be allowed to monitor the situation during that time, in case someone spots you, so you could wake up and defend yourself - but then you'd need start the 'settling down' period again from scratch.

Edited by Pillock

People play the game different ways, by adding the hop timers they've increased the time it takes the players that want to gear up and fight to be able to achieve that experience. They're stifling the game by introducing these artificial constructs meant to force players to follow a specific 'vision' for the game. Metagaming happens no matter what you do to prevent it, you don't need introduce a feature that negatively impacts every single person that plays the game to try and mitigate it

Because server hopping itself is a FEATURE? LOL

I wonder how long till everyone finds the work around to the timer?

What I don't seem to understand is how people complain about running for long periods of time. 

Today I had to go meet a buddy who was up by the NWAF. I was in Electro, I made the 30 min run, and looted the towns along the way.

The whole time we were shooting the shit and the run honestly felt like it had taken 15 mins. (Then again, I do know shortcuts)

SCAVENGING is apart of the game. You're essentially crying over the fact that you have to fucking scavenge in a apocalypse game.

WAH I WANT GOOD GEAR RIGHT NOW! NOW I SAID! SO I CAN GO PVP! 

This game is a about a bit more than PvP. Right now PvP may be the "endgame" for most people, but it's not the point.

• Like 3

People play the game different ways, by adding the hop timers they've increased the time it takes the players that want to gear up and fight to be able to achieve that experience. They're stifling the game by introducing these artificial constructs meant to force players to follow a specific 'vision' for the game. Metagaming happens no matter what you do to prevent it, you don't need introduce a feature that negatively impacts every single person that plays the game to try and mitigate it.

You will understand one day son.. until then... 3 words of pure faggotry may entertain your needs

Infestation: Survivor Stories :P

• Like 1

You can run the entire length of the map in under 30mins......next town is usually less than 5 mins away.....there was really never any need to hop :)

• Like 1

I love it! Shit ass server hoppers getting all pissed off! YES!

• Like 3

I was never hoping but now I am afraid that I will have hard time to find a decent server to play in as I will have to wait 5 minutes each time.

The test I was performing was simple.

Log in, arm/disarm, arm/disarm, eat/drink or use an item, turn on/off a flash light.

If connection keeps up stay else leave. In most cases I do not even move step.

My suggestion is that if you perform some actions (looting, moving around for sometime, etc.) then the timer should kick in when you try to hop. And it should just let me hop till i decide where to play.

in my experience people raging about "server hoppers" would be considered as such them self ..they are just buthurt because someone got there before them ^^ when ever i start any of my servers, a load of new players connect. just a few, perhaps 1/300 could be considered "regulars" the bloody rest is there to loot the server!

I was never hoping but now I am afraid that I will have hard time to find a decent server to play in as I will have to wait 5 minutes each time.

The test I was performing was simple.

Log in, arm/disarm, arm/disarm, eat/drink or use an item, turn on/off a flash light.

If connection keeps up stay else leave. In most cases I do not even move step.

My suggestion is that if you perform some actions (looting, moving around for sometime, etc.) then the timer should kick in when you try to hop. And it should just let me hop till i decide where to play.

nah bad idea, server hoppers would just hop inside a barracks check if the doors were open, doors open? Next server. Would look just like someone trying to check connection..

nah bad idea, server hoppers would just hop inside a barracks check if the doors were open, doors open? Next server. Would look just like someone trying to check connection..

..and what do you do? you simply run through the rooms anyway? that would simply be incomprehensibly stupid ^^

Watching a black screen must not be very entertaining, have you thought about turning the game off and doing something else?

..and what do you do? you simply run through the rooms anyway? that would simply be incomprehensibly stupid ^^

I have found  every item that can drop in an airstrip  at "searched" airstrips, including pristine long range scopes, just last night I was hitting up the NWAF with my buddies covering me with mosins's and LRS's, the place had been searched, I still found a pristine acog, 3 60/60 m4 mags, pristine TKOS jacket, and a pristine balistic helmet that one of the guys covering me needed as well as plenty of food and assorted ammunition.

Aside from that almost no one takes the books, I've found a few Bibles and more than one copy of The Art of War.

However, once I get to an airstrip I'm kinda committed to looting it, its a long walk to another, and normally a long wait for a server restart I have logged out at airstrips on occasion, but with the new 30 second timer? Not gonna happen it's not worth the risk.

Edited by Franchi

really ..actually, that is an assumption by you. you simply can't tell if it had been searched or not. your statement point in the direction of the opposite of it ..i can't help but becoming interested in how you head works and ask my self: does "your" logic show to something else?

Edited by mssing

really ..actually, that is an assumption by you. you simply can't tell if it had been searched or not. your statement point in the direction of the opposite of it ..i can't help but becoming interested in how you head works and ask my self: does "your" logic show to something else?

I put searched in quotes for a reason, what I mean is that I have found all those items at airstrips devoid of zombies with doors that should have been closed open, meaning another player had been there. Another great indicator is emptied magazines, as magazines can only spawn full finding empty ones means someone else has been there.

Edited by Franchi