Sign in to follow this  
Rick1633

Congrats to people who hated server hoppers, but was it worth it?

So you guys traded away the possibility to loot bodies, your hard earned trophies, after 60 seconds........ All because you could not stand server hoppers.   Now bodies disappear after 60 seconds its been reported.         So please do me a favor..... Dont ask for more realism because we actually lost realism big time.        

lol

This is (probably) a glitch/bug and (most likely) will be fixed fairly rapidly.

Sorry, but you won't get me to regret the actions taken to stop you server hopping, ghosting, etc.

• Like 5

So you guys traded away the possibility to loot bodies, your hard earned trophies, after 60 seconds........ All because you could not stand server hoppers.   Now bodies disappear after 60 seconds its been reported.         So please do me a favor..... Dont ask for more realism because we actually lost realism big time.        

Wait... your going to pull out the realism card when bodies disappear? I'm pretty sure this will be fixed in the future. server hoppers, ghosters, and combat loggers are a much bigger problem then disappearing bodies.

• Like 3

Oh that's why the bodies are disappearing. Because they added the log-out timer. Thanks buddy for enlightening the community.  :facepalm: 

• Like 3

Next to "You Have my Beans" should be a button to "Nominate for Stupidest Fucking Post of the Week."

I would be pressing it so hard right now.

• Like 16

It has been reported i just murdered two people in an american server and stood gaurd amd emptying their corpses for the last 10 minutes.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

'Now bodies disappear after 60 seconds its been reported.'

Who reported that to you, was it dean hall or the tooth fairy??

• Like 2

Honestly I hope that the 60 seconds to loot a corpse stays in place. The mod is horrible at making people care about their characters. Oh, you died? Well ask your buddy with the helicopter to run you back to your gear and five minutes later its like the death never happened. Even if you are solo, that person is supposed to have died so the new one shouldn't have any idea where your old character died. And for killing people for loot? Man up, have some balls and try not using a sniper rifle and you can easily loot most players you kill within sixty seconds. Or maybe, act like trying everything in your power to keep your character alive isn't the furthest thing from your mind. I have only died a couple times in Dayz SA+mod in the last two months and only because I went looking for a fight. 

P.S.

The timer is one of the best things to happen to the SA since it launched. Keep it in no matter what.

It has been reported i just murdered two people in an american server and stood gaurd amd emptying their corpses for the last 10 minutes.

You have no clue what you are talking about.

'Now bodies disappear after 60 seconds its been reported.'

Who reported that to you, was it dean hall or the tooth fairy??

To be fair, I don't know if it is actually 60 seconds but bodies do disappear very quickly now, at least from my experience playing since the latest patch.

I would rather that once you doe , you can't loot your own corpse. Anyone else can, just now you. That's dumb.

The body should also stay for like, a half hour at least or as long as possible

• Like 1

To be fair, I don't know if it is actually 60 seconds but bodies do disappear very quickly now, at least from my experience playing since the latest patch.

I was using those bodies as bait, i know for a fact they were there for a good while.

I remember hearing something about the bodies staying if your near them but if no ones near them they disappear , not sure if that's true though.

OP, honestly... I think taking the time to break this down for you would be a waste of my time.

• Like 1

I was using those bodies as bait, i know for a fact they were there for a good while.

I remember hearing something about the bodies staying if your near them but if no ones near them they disappear , not sure if that's true though.

I am not saying you are wrong. I am just sharing what I experienced.

What did the OP say because, No matter how hard I try I cant find Idiot to English on Google translate.

• Like 2

So you blame bodies disappearing on a new game mechanic that's suppose to prevent people from combat logging effectively or server hopping effectively?  I don't remember seeing a 'New Permanent Feature: Bodies disappear super quick!'  It's a bug, report it to the bug tracker or upvote a report and It'll get fix eventually, though something like this might get fixed sooner rather than later.

Next to "You Have my Beans" should be a button to "Nominate for Stupidest Fucking Post of the Week."

I would be pressing it so hard right now.

Should be a button shot into the head

Edited by lets4dead

Bodies despawning too quickly will be fixed, the same as it was previously, given time. The timers have fixed the Combat Log/Ghost/Server Loot farmers as expected. The whinging and crying on these forums is proof of that!

Oh that's why the bodies are disappearing. Because they added the log-out timer. Thanks buddy for enlightening the community.  :facepalm: 

You've got to give the OP that. It's probably the only thing he got right! Probably just an oversight on the part of the Devs. They've probably got the fix already, but just want the OP to cry some more first.

TL;DR: YES, YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES,YES!

Edited by DJPorterNZ

I am not saying you are wrong. I am just sharing what I experienced.

He is wrong...

Sometimes bodies disappear within seconds, sometimes after a minute or 2, sometimes they stay for quite a long time. Today Ive killed alot of people and this is facts. And yes, the bodies disappeared in my face 30 seconds after I killed them and tried to loot, so the theory of needing to be near them is most likely wrong.

Edited by Rissou

Best option would be bodies that stay on the ground, but are only lootable for... let's say 1 - 5 minutes. So the realism would be there (Bodies lying around) but it would be hard to get back your own gear if you die.

hehe. This sure is entertaining.

Tho i was anoyed a bit because i had to wait after "session timeout"  ( screw you flatmate and your Streaming habbits ) but couldent help but thinking how anoying this must be for People that grew a habit on hopping Servers and ghosting in combat. Ach all mein lulz !

I was using those bodies as bait, i know for a fact they were there for a good while. I remember hearing something about the bodies staying if your near them but if no ones near them they disappear , not sure if that's true though.

This might be what's happening, but this was pre patch

Shot a guy from about 300m, by the time I got there his body was disappearing and they was in the last patch, it happened like that a few time although in general they stayed there for 10 mins

I died a little inside