Sign in to follow this  
MartinD (DayZ)

Bandit Standoff

Not intentional, using roll as it makes no noise and had no idea that would happen. I think he saw me clipping through the floor because of that and moved, so advantage nullified in my opinion but I understand where you are coming from.

Yes, I got that impression as well.  He may or may not have seen you but ya probably did.  FYI I tried that roll stuff last night in the prison and could not see through, Clearly you're a hacker  :lol:

• Like 1

Man, you worried me there going in and out of aiming.

Although I sound quite calm I would blame the adrenaline rush you get during encounters in Dayz for the erratic zooming. Its why we all love to play it, no other game has my heart racing like Dayz

Yes, I got that impression as well.  He may or may not have seen you but ya probably did.  FYI I tried that roll stuff last night in the prison and could not see through, Clearly you're a hacker  :lol:

Hopefully its been patched/fixed, to be honest I'm suprised there hasn't been anyone else say that and be serious about it. Seems like most people who have commented have been pretty mature and courteous.

That is why we play.

Although I sound quite calm I would blame the adrenaline rush you get during encounters in Dayz for the erratic zooming. Its why we all love to play it, no other game has my heart racing like Dayz

Hopefully its been patched/fixed, to be honest I'm suprised there hasn't been anyone else say that and be serious about it. Seems like most people who have commented have been pretty mature and courteous.

You should check that one guys thread where he posted a video of him sniping and almost combat logged when his opponent returned fire.  HILARIOUS that he actually posted the video.  Also, he thought he was getting shot with a shotgun at 300meters even though it's clearly a fully auto gun.  The guy shooting at the poster did appear to be glitching in some way though but who knows.

• Like 1

That is why we play.

You should check that one guys thread where he posted a video of him sniping and almost combat logged when his opponent returned fire. HILARIOUS that he actually posted the video. Also, he thought he was getting shot with a shotgun at 300meters even though it's clearly a fully auto gun. The guy shooting at the poster did appear to be glitching in some way though but who knows.

Been through about 50 videos in the last hour or so and sadly couldn't find it, do you remember the name of the thread? Sounds entertaining.

*Scratch that. I found it in general chat, I had been searching through gallery.

I'd say it is too hard to tell what weapon he is using at that distance, even when he uses the scope you can't see what is being fired only hear it and see the splash. It could be that it's caused by a bug of some sorts but like you said it's definitely fully auto and who knows maybe the guy was exploiting/hacking.

When it comes to the attempted CB log though I couldn't help but laugh. It was his first reaction to being shot at, it looked like a well practised response to incoming player fire. It was good to see that the new CB logging prevention is making people think twice though. Thumbs up to Rocket and Co for that and thanks for suggesting the video.

Edited by MartinD
  • Like 1

haha well done for the king.

best part "i'm the king of the new world" :D

Edited by kein

Loved this Zohan, Marv at the end made me laugh too :D

Yeah, I couldn't resist Seaweed. Obviously I couldn't hear the guy talking, but was with Zohan on TeamSpeak. He sounded very cocky indeed and very sure of himself. Got to laugh that he ended up dead!

Edited by GeordieMarv
  • Like 1

Loved this Zohan, Marv at the end made me laugh too :D

Cheers dude, I nearly tossed it in a folder somewhere in the deep reaches of one of my HDDs with the rest of my videos but after watching it back I knew I had to share it.

Damn, I gotta say revealing his position by rolling, kind of subtracts from the overall achievement. 

Damn, I gotta say revealing his position by rolling, kind of subtracts from the overall achievement. 

That wasn't on purpose, in fact I tried it and could not reproduce it for me.

He was only doing that to be silent while moving, Also, if you glitch through walls most likely you are seen glitching through the wall on the other side.  Also, the sound of the enemies voice helped Martin acquire his position.

He was only doing that to be silent while moving, Also, if you glitch through walls most likely you are seen glitching through the wall on the other side.  Also, the sound of the enemies voice helped Martin acquire his position.

Like Kush said I knew he was under me from the sound of his voice, but I do agree it was a bit of a bugger that I clipped through whilst rolling(100% unintentional). Again though I do think the only reason he changed postion was because he saw me clipping.