Sign in to follow this  
MartinD (DayZ)

Bandit Standoff

I was busy looting the NWAF when a friend took a round to the face from a guy ontop of the Firestation. I ran into the camo building to the North to get into cover and was promptly followed by the guy in the video. He did a lot of talking and I did not respond at first, thinking he was trying to work out my position I held my tongue. Eventually he blew his trumpet so much I couldnt resist the urge and struck up a conversation with him. The video below is of what happened next.

Edited by MartinD
  • Like 19

Lol he got what he deserved huh.

Well played, you got a follow for that video, enjoyed it.

A lot of good that cover in the woods did.  Nice job, man.

• Like 1

Interesting through the floor sight you got on him

Not intentional, using roll as it makes no noise and had no idea that would happen. I think he saw me clipping through the floor because of that and moved, so advantage nullified in my opinion but I understand where you are coming from.
  • Like 1

You don't mess with the Zohan! ...I had to say it. 

Nice job, that guy had it coming.

• Like 1

exploit or no exploit, and not knowing what kind of player you are, im just pleased to see you shut the vanitose player up with some manners! Well done. I, too, just cant stand people who believe in themselves a tad too much. Have my beans!

• Like 1

I like your friends remark "ask him if he still thinks he's so good now" made me smile :)

Edited by TD808
  • Like 1

exploit or no exploit, and not knowing what kind of player you are, im just pleased to see you shut the vanitose player up with some manners! Well done. I, too, just cant stand people who believe in themselves a tad too much. Have my beans!

Most players from servers/communities I have been part of in the mod e.g. Zombieworld/Zerosurvival/Stressfreegaming (Great servers btw) know me as quite an upstanding character, and someone who would not intentionally exploit. I can appreciate you don't know me and can only pass judgement on what you see so thanks for your kind words.....and your beans.

I like your friends remark "ask him if he still thinks he's so good now" made me smile :)

Yeah I felt it was a nice way to end the video. Edited by MartinD

Good video man , but you would have won regardless of sketchy rolling . right from the start that kid was running his mouth trying to figure out your position , all the while you were a stone cold cunt, he was scared haha.

Glad you got the kill on him and well played. Hate letting people like that guy win. 

You got some beans going your way :)

That guy was just trolling you, and you exploited the game to kill him.

No beans for glitching.

I don't really think it was intentional glitching. He lies down to get a lower profile (obviously) then tries to roll round to a better viewing position.

It sucks that the clipping allows this to happen in some buildings, let's hope they can somehow stop this from happening eventually.

The guy still got what was coming to him, serves him right for proclaiming to be so awesome.

can't wait for grenades, should such a thing happen.

Or Molotov Cocktail perhaps? Rag + Alcohol tincture?

Good job! Some people just kill on sight, few days ago I was running without anything on me and suddenly three guys killed me for nothing. Good to see someone dealing with players like them!

Edited by D1ST1LL

A satisfying kill of a loudmouth indeed. If it hasn't already been, somebody should report that rolling glitch though. I know the OP didn't use this intentionally, but the devs ought to be made aware of its existence.

• Like 1

can't wait for grenades, should such a thing happen.

Or Molotov Cocktail perhaps? Rag + Alcohol tincture?

I agree dude, Grenades or molotovs would have changed to whole scenario on its head.

Good job! Some people just kill on sight, few days ago I was running without anything on me and suddenly three guys killed me for nothing. Good to see someone dealing with players like them!

Shooting umarmed players is a bit of a dick move. If you are worried about what someone might have hidden in their inventory, then its pretty easy to just keep your distance but then again there are many players who just want to deathmatch even with unarmed players. But then again its not my place to tell people how to play the game they payed for, so each to their own I suppose.

Roll on the homemade grenades with the crafting, I'm sure I saw Rocket demo one in of the many videos out there ages ago.

I think he used a gas canister and a flare or something?

meh. You got him by exploiting a glitch. Poor, very poor form... but! You probably took the right choice in keeping it cool.

Edited by zeroy99