rocket444

Need Help With Standalone (Stuck on "You Are Dead")

I was playing on DayZ Standalone when I got knocked out cold by a zombie. It was taking forever, and I had to go, so I closed out of the game. When I got back on the next morning, I got the "You Are Dead" Screen. I can't press the respawn button, and If I try to change my character, it still says, "You Are Dead". Please Help!

Just give it time i had to exit the game and gave it 20min than i was good to go, or try another server, its buged right now but time will fix it tell they patch it

• Like 1

I've been waiting for about 2 hours on this screen, Exited out and joined back in, tried to join 3 other servers, aswell. Still haven't worked.

I am having same problem, I died couldn't respawn, changed my name/config, changed servers, and everytime I try to spawn it it says, "You are dead."

Was this on the experimental build? I know that was a common issue when the experimental servers for 33 first came up. Does the problem persist on the stable build?

• Like 1

I joined a stable build server and I have been stuck on the "you are dead" screen for about two hours now. They really need to fix this.

Edited by laxbrostu

Others have reported the same issue.  It seems that if you were dead pre-patch you are perma dead post-patch.

I do not know if there is a bug report in the bug section but you should all go there and respond to it if there is.

Sorry :(

Join the club since this is becomming a outbreak and flooding the forums im sure they will fix it asap lol which is all good.Until some mod starts merging and deleting the thread please dont do that mr mods at least not untill we get an official answer.

I was playing on DayZ Standalone when I got knocked out cold by a zombie. It was taking forever, and I had to go, so I closed out of the game. When I got back on the next morning, I got the "You Are Dead" Screen. I can't press the respawn button, and If I try to change my character, it still says, "You Are Dead". Please Help!

same thing with me, logged off dead last night. cant respawn this morning.

same thing with me, logged off dead last night. cant respawn this morning.

I was able to respawn by joining a servers running the last patch. then rejoined a new server.

I have had the same problem. Died, tried to respawn. Kept me at "you are dead". And still is for all servers. Need a fix soon! Only happens since newest build 33

I am stuck in the you are dead situation. I can play on hardcore servers just fine. I can even change to a female character. But when I try and log in with my male character, I am still dead with no re-spawn option. I have opted to try and re install and see if that works but otherwise... This all happened cause I exited out instead of re-spawning after being beaten unconscious.

Its a known bug with the latest update

Can't respawn : "you are dead" on joining any server by Alastor_Daemonin dayz

[–]rocket2guns 7 points

8 hours ago

The issue is now known, and being fixed in internal branch tomorrow. Expect I might have in experimental by the end of the week, perhaps we could squeeze in a hotfix for the next maintenance period on Wednesday on stable.

The issue relates to the order of processing of connection/disconnection. It only really affects a server under full load. During this time, when a player clicks respawn - their "death" notification is occuring, then the player is attempted to be saved. However, the save function still has it's failsafe enabled - it goes "oh, no alive character let me create one". It's also disabled from setting death state, as a precaution (only a specific method is allowed to record death). So what happens is your old character dies, and a new clone gets made - probably with no blood and no health but alive == 1.

It's a good example of the very complex logic issues that we have and are trying to untangle. As we hotfix and/or fix issues we can inadvertently create further issues. It didn't appear in higher FPS because the requests occurred in a dependable order so the character was saved prior to being killed (kill messages have priority over all messages in the db client).

• Like 1

I've had this issue 2 times. Fixed it with joining a server called:

Mulitplay :smoothgaming: regular server.

( I'm not advertising to join this server it just worked for me and my friend )

Maby some other servers work too where you spawn. This worked for me and a clan mate.

You have to play for like 10-15 min. Then you can switch to another server and you get the timeout message for about 5min. Then you will spawn again with the gear from the other server.

Hope this helps.

Edited by NLExtremeb3
  • Like 1

You need to check the build numbers and join a server which build does not match the ones you keep dying on. Perhaps steam automatically updated you guys and are now compatible. My buddy had this problem and he mentioned the server builds was the key to fixing it.

• Like 1

My DayZ StandAlone Is Still Stuck On The "You Are Dead" Screen, After The Patch... Anyone Know What I Should Do?

• Like 1

I was able to respawn by joining a servers running the last patch. then rejoined a new server.

Confirmed Works, join any server with a Lower Version than 11506  and you will respawn correctly.

• Like 1

I think the problem wasn't fixed at all with the latest update :) Fixes are bringing new bugs with them and I had the very same as you guys the last night. Was not in the mood to wait out and the system with spawn delay has to be re-thought... Died, cant respawn on the same server, switching, it's not working, switching again - waiting 180 sec. .... :D not cool 

• Like 1

Im stuck in the loop for the last 2 days

i fucking died after the mouse went haywire with the new patch, couldnt target my pistol well enough...

now im stuck in you are dead land woo

there goes my dayz time for the week awesome hotfix devs

Edited by deebz1234

There is a way to temp get around this, as every time I die I get this god damn glitch and it is a pain in the ass, especially now the log-in timer for switching servers is up, usually it will say "Please wait ..." nothing happens, you relog in a new server, you are rather unconscious or dead, and you have to hit respawn, after a while or a couple of presses of respawn, you should be good to go, then you have to log off and rejoin the same server having to wait 300 seconds due to changing servers too fast, log in and still have a slight chance of the glitch re-happening. But this is how I get around it lol. 

With everyone KoS'ing and this glitch in the game, I refuse to play because of how annoying and stupid it is that everytime you die, which seems to be frequent with geared people camping fresh spawns, you near enough get this forcing you to waste stupid amounts of time getting the glitch to go away.

Edited by TheStevieJ

still stuck, cant get around  the issue.

have tried all the profile stuff and such.

anyone else?

How is this not hotfixed already devs?

Had this same issue Feb 17.

I had been knocked unconscious on 'Server A' after playing for too long, so just quit and went to dinner.  Came back and couldnt log into 'Server B' I normally play on... kept getting "You are unconscious" or "Please wait....", but nothing happened.  Respawn would give me the 30s countdown, but then just "Please wait...."

Resolved it by logging back into Server A where I had originally gotten the KO.  Once I did that, the respawn completed normally.  Logged out and could get into any other server normally.

Hope that helps someone else.