Sign in to follow this  
Baklavah

Weapon spawns lowered, ammo still massively abundant...

Hiya!

So, I noticed that the weapon spawns were lowered, and that the bag spawns have been lowered, to which I thought "Ok cool, now survival is REALLY becoming survival!" and then everywhere I go, there are bored KoS CoD kiddies who have nothing better to do than ruin the experience of trying to survive (Before anyone gets 'mad' and starts saying 'expect bandits', I already expect banditry. There's banditry, and then there's being a massive douchebag banditry. No one likes the latter). I'm glad that the next patch will be making their efforts moot, making things that get ruined be completely useless, but I have a feeling that will not stop them much. As such, I have a suggestion to tailor this game to its survivalist genre.

Even though gun spawns have been considerably lowered, the ammunition available across Chernarus+ has not been set to the same standards. Find a gun, find tons of ammo that will overflow out of that ammo box, and then (if you're a KoS CoD kiddie) run around slaughtering people indiscriminately because it makes you feel empowered. Those who choose to run around assisting fresh spawns and the like I find are much more agreeable.

The reason I call these people KoS CoD kiddies, is because this is the behaviour I expect from 15 year old brats, not grown men who should have a sense of maturity. Granted, some of these players may be 15 years old and have a mature attitude toward DayZ. To you, I tip my hat. To the rest, get a hobby.

Anyway, my aim here isn't to rant, it's to suggest that ammo be made scarcer. It'll deter the KoS nimrods a bit, and it will make the feeling of survival that much more relevant. Hard to defend yourself when you haven't got any ammo for that Mosin/M4/SKS/Shotgun/SawedOff/45/Magnum, isn't it?

Pardon my rant, I've had a long day, and those "people" have been making it hell.

I hope the suggestion is considered! And thanks for bringing DayZ to the world. Love it. Play it all the time.

~Bak

• Like 1

Actually i rob people alot as a bandit but of course there will be Kos bandits that are bored becuase theres nothing to do once theres stuff to do there will be less kos trust me just wait.

I'm not implying that there is too much ammo but today I was running around with two 300 ammo boxes full of Mosin ammo

I'm not implying that there is too much ammo but today I was running around with two 300 ammo boxes full of Mosin ammo

sounds like my friend and I earlier... -_-

Yeah, less ammo would bring up situations where you have to bluff your way through an encounter too. Never know if the other guy's gun is full or empty...

• Like 3

They experimenting...yesterday i found a stack with just 1 bullet and an empty mag, and before you ask nobody was there before me, fresh server restart.

I went through the military base north of Balota,Zelenogorsk army base and ended up at green mountain and in that time I found 1 40 mag.

Less ammo should be a yes.  Or at least, not in quantities it was spawning before.  I think the real issue was that every magazine that spawned was spawning full.  If they put a variable count into that equation, it would help a lot I believe - that way if you hit an airfield and find six mags, you're not finding 120-240 rounds in under five minutes.

In regards to the KoS, really right now they have they're playstyle and there is not much anyone can do about it.  I mean if it is fun for them, then fine.  I do wish it wouldn't ruin others fun, but can't be helped right now.  Perhaps we'll get the option to have PVP endorsed servers - I would wager a guess that most KoSers are just bored, not malicious.  I'm sure the Dev team is looking into ways to curb this, such as reduced mil-spec gear spawns, more zombies, tougher zombies, loud sounds perhaps even "spawning" additional zombies in nearby proximity, etc.  Any or all of those things will chip away at ignorant KoS - by that I mean those that do it because they can and get a kick out of it.  But KoS seems like it will always be around, just hopefully not as rampant.

Patience is key here I think.

Less ammo should be a yes.  Or at least, not in quantities it was spawning before.  I think the real issue was that every magazine that spawned was spawning full.  If they put a variable count into that equation, it would help a lot I believe - that way if you hit an airfield and find six mags, you're not finding 120-240 rounds in under five minutes.

In regards to the KoS, really right now they have they're playstyle and there is not much anyone can do about it.  I mean if it is fun for them, then fine.  I do wish it wouldn't ruin others fun, but can't be helped right now.  Perhaps we'll get the option to have PVP endorsed servers - I would wager a guess that most KoSers are just bored, not malicious.  I'm sure the Dev team is looking into ways to curb this, such as reduced mil-spec gear spawns, more zombies, tougher zombies, loud sounds perhaps even "spawning" additional zombies in nearby proximity, etc.  Any or all of those things will chip away at ignorant KoS - by that I mean those that do it because they can and get a kick out of it.  But KoS seems like it will always be around, just hopefully not as rampant.

Patience is key here I think.

You know, I see the angles you're coming from. And for the most part I agree with your points. However, just because they get a kick out of it doesn't make it any less of a pain in the ass for people. My friend and I were just at the coast. We were about to head inland. We just met up, started running and BAM.... sniped. Really? Go snipe your own goddamn kind... stupid bandits. If you're so bored, go start a firefight. But no, they don't want to do that, because they're cowards and are afraid to fight a real fight. Instead they pick on the defenseless. That, in every universe, is pathetic. Completely unjustified, boredom or no.

I'm a patient person, but not when I die every 10 minutes. That's just irritating.

When I'm sniping on a coast, I shoot everyone indiscriminately I do however prioritize by gear, the more gear you have the more likely I will shoot to kill.

And sometimes I just shoot near bambies just scare them. Some run off in panic, some stop in the middle of the read, give the finger and say bring it on. 

• Like 1

Hello I am prob one of the cod kiddies your speaking of and..

I know what you mean and I agree with your statement of lowering ammo.
But now is too early,what are you going to do in the game besides crafting your own backpack and  find food and water ?  
I Gear up a new char in 4-5 hours when playing on a low populated server.
that is with food guns and whole soldier stuf on  when I got all of this stuff  I get bored and run to the city to kill ppl.

I think alot of ppl do it this way.
just because there is not much to do in the game atm.

and if you donte wanna get killed by one of the so called cod kiddies stay away from airfields and big citys.

• Like 1

Hello I am prob one of the cod kiddies your speaking of and..

I know what you mean and I agree with your statement of lowering ammo.

But now is too early,what are you going to do in the game besides crafting your own backpack and  find food and water ?  

I Gear up a new char in 4-5 hours when playing on a low populated server.

that is with food guns and whole soldier stuf on  when I got all of this stuff  I get bored and run to the city to kill ppl.

I think alot of ppl do it this way.

just because there is not much to do in the game atm.

and if you donte wanna get killed by one of the so called cod kiddies stay away from airfields and big citys.

And never get any kind of significant loot. Your logic, is non-existent. Even if there was something to do in the game (which, there won't be an objective... IT'S A SURVIVAL GAME!) the extent of it is just this: STAY ALIVE! It isn't "Get loot and go killing fresh spawns"! People like you are the reason this threat exists. First of all, you've just given us EVERY ounce of knowledge as to why you god damn CoD kiddies do what you do. You run off to low pop servers to get gear, and then go to high pop servers to KoS because you're "bored". If characters were server-locked, none of you would be able to do what you do. I know there will be players killing other players, that's not the thing I'm irritated about. It's the fact that you guys KoS without any reasoning whatsoever. If you want a game with objectives, GO PLAY STORYMODE GAMES (World of Warcraft is right up your alley! Thousands of quests and pointless achievements)! Jeezus.

~Bak

I played wow for 6 years and always did pvp.  now I play dayz and also pvp.  I enjoy this more because when I kill some one he loses everything.
Anyways ,locking a server isnt a bad idea. makes it harder to get loot  but they should fix the respawn rates of loot first before they lock a server and increase the  player cap. speaking about wow , wow has pvp and pve servers. they should do that here also. so ppl donte wine when they get killed.  I also never kill fresh spawns only ppl with  guns and some gear. waste of bullets to kill a fresh spawn  nothing to steal from him :> and a nother thing you call this a survival game what would you do if you see a dude with army cloths and a m4 in his hand running around town wait and ask if he is friendly >?
moste ppl will kill him steal his gear.  in nature only the strongest survive.

Edited by patrinoss

Yeah ammo should be rare enough that you have to really think if you should be firing... we should be finding bullets in ones & twos.. not full 40 rounds magazines.

• Like 1

Yeah ammo should be rare enough that you have to really think if you should be firing... we should be finding bullets in ones & twos.. not full 40 rounds magazines.

Agreed.

When I'm sniping on a coast, I shoot everyone indiscriminately I do however prioritize by gear, the more gear you have the more likely I will shoot to kill.

And sometimes I just shoot near bambies just scare them. Some run off in panic, some stop in the middle of the read, give the finger and say bring it on. 

youre such a l33t sniper...........tell us more about your l33t haxx0r skills :D :D

I don't KoS myself, but I do wonder about those who want a survival game complaining so hard about it? It is pretty much the number one most challenging threat to survival. For the most part, it really is the game. Finding food, water, and evading zombies isn't all that challenging. Not getting spotted and shot in the head is pretty dang challenging. Finding a way into town without exposing yourself to bandits is challenging. Not knowing if the guy you are about to talk to will trade with you, group with you, or kill you (or in some cases all of the above) is part of the suspense.

If every player you encountered gave you a big hug and talked of the wonderful days before the zombies, how long would you keep playing? How would you be a hero if there were no villains?

On topic, I'm with the more guns, less ammo crowd. If you have few guns but plenty of ammo, you just consolidate death in a few hands. The guys with the guns and the ammo will kill those with just the ammo and have more ammo. With guns aplenty with no ammo, however, you have no such consolidation and never know if the guy with the gun is empty or has enough rounds to put you down.

Short of that, just leave guns and ammo around as is. This is a FPS engine. The gun play is excellent in the Arma engine. Melee in an FPS will always feel forced and crude as it relies on so many things that simply cannot be provided in a first person game.

I don't know, but i'v died only 2 times from player but was over 4 times killed by misc bugs in game.

It's so easy to avoid danger in this game if you really want to.

Weapon kiddies can be murdered too if you are good enough.

Edited by yarex

I don't KoS myself, but I do wonder about those who want a survival game complaining so hard about it? It is pretty much the number one most challenging threat to survival. For the most part, it really is the game. Finding food, water, and evading zombies isn't all that challenging. Not getting spotted and shot in the head is pretty dang challenging. Finding a way into town without exposing yourself to bandits is challenging. Not knowing if the guy you are about to talk to will trade with you, group with you, or kill you (or in some cases all of the above) is part of the suspense.

If every player you encountered gave you a big hug and talked of the wonderful days before the zombies, how long would you keep playing? How would you be a hero if there were no villains?

On topic, I'm with the more guns, less ammo crowd. If you have few guns but plenty of ammo, you just consolidate death in a few hands. The guys with the guns and the ammo will kill those with just the ammo and have more ammo. With guns aplenty with no ammo, however, you have no such consolidation and never know if the guy with the gun is empty or has enough rounds to put you down.

Short of that, just leave guns and ammo around as is. This is a FPS engine. The gun play is excellent in the Arma engine. Melee in an FPS will always feel forced and crude as it relies on so many things that simply cannot be provided in a first person game.

Allow me to expand on this for you. KoS CoD Kiddies, or KCKs for short, do not kill for supplies or what have you. See this is the thing. If I get KoSed because I have a mountain backpack and they assumed I might have supplies for their group, fine. But these jerkoffs just KoS and leave the body there. Their excuse is that they're "bored" because there's nothing to do. NEWS FLASH! THERE NEVER WILL BE ANYTHING TO DO! IT'S A SURVIVAL GAME! NOT CALL OF DUTY OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT! So yes, they piss the entire community off. There's necessity, and then there's just being an asshole. And that's what they do.

If I get killed because I have supplies and then I get looted, that is one thing. If I get robbed, but survive, I don't even care. At least I survived. And they may only take what they need. But KoS CoD Kiddies have no F@#$ing excuse! And if one of them tried to justify this to me face-to-face, I'd probably break his god damn nose. They are as useless as hackers. Scumbags, the lot of them.

Is that enough of an explanation? Or do I have to draw anyone a picture?

• Like 1

youre such a l33t sniper...........tell us more about your l33t haxx0r skills :D :D

oh-stop-it-you-meme.jpg

Allow me to expand on this for you. KoS CoD Kiddies, or KCKs for short, do not kill for supplies or what have you. See this is the thing. If I get KoSed because I have a mountain backpack and they assumed I might have supplies for their group, fine. But these jerkoffs just KoS and leave the body there. Their excuse is that they're "bored" because there's nothing to do. NEWS FLASH! THERE NEVER WILL BE ANYTHING TO DO! IT'S A SURVIVAL GAME! NOT CALL OF DUTY OR WORLD OF WARCRAFT! So yes, they piss the entire community off. There's necessity, and then there's just being an asshole. And that's what they do.

If I get killed because I have supplies and then I get looted, that is one thing. If I get robbed, but survive, I don't even care. At least I survived. And they may only take what they need. But KoS CoD Kiddies have no F@#$ing excuse! And if one of them tried to justify this to me face-to-face, I'd probably break his god damn nose. They are as useless as hackers. Scumbags, the lot of them.

Is that enough of an explanation? Or do I have to draw anyone a picture?

But your character is dead, why do you care about their motivations? They are just a challenge, a game mechanic, the sociopaths that come out of the woodwork during a disaster.

But your character is dead, why do you care about their motivations? They are just a challenge, a game mechanic, the sociopaths that come out of the woodwork during a disaster.

well i got shovel´d by two douches at the beach......over and over again(somehow i didnt get a diffrent spwan location)

thats not even a challenge....thats pure frustration

More guns, less ammo/mags. Agreed

I will admit, when I'm not playing hard core with my buddies I am hunting others on regular because it is the only current challenge. As stated in due time when the game comes closer to completion I'm sure this will reduce