capt. beefsteak

Let's be honest we are all killers.. Try your hardest not to lie. Thanks

If you've played the mod, you should know what my profile picture is and yes that's my humanity.

I don't come into the forums for some teen to google my fucking spelling.. I know how to write, sorry guess your that forum know it all.. I'm not writing a god damn important paper or anything like that.

I'm just asking people to be honest.. Thats all.

Drop the act Doogie Howser..

Doogie Howser did not have Google... I should have not insulted you by pointing out an error in kelsey grammar. My apologies, especially since it gave you the opportunity to ignore the actual important part of what I said... so I am truly sorry.... and I will reiterate what was actually important by posting it again. (Also, I am not a know it all, I would love for you to actually debate the facts I have presented).

Never did I say I had not killed anyone in game... I simply pointed to the fact that you went from an absolute (ALL)... to lesser forms, "most and beyond"... If you came here for vindication because you found yourself in a scary video game and had to kill the bad man and now you are worried about your digital soul, and want someone to tell you it is alright (that's exactly what the post I am quoting sounds like by the way)... Then I will tell you all about how the bad man hurted me and I hurted him back, with a pipe wrench, in the kitchen. 

No need to resort to calling the clan of "fuck you" people liars... Just properly title your post next time, maybe something like: "I killed a girl and I liked it"... I would be on that band wagon all day!

There ya go, that was the point you tried to derail. 

I've assisted a couple people who wanted to suicide, but I've never murdered anyone in the standalone. I do get pissed off when I die sometimes, but it never makes me want to take revenge. I don't like to carry "baggage" from one life to another. So while I might take revenge some day, it will be in the same life. Once I die, the story ends. There is no respawn, you live, then you die.

Edited by bad_mojo
  • Like 3

I've assisted a couple people who wanted to suicide, but I've never murdered anyone in the standalone. I do get pissed off when I die sometimes, but it never makes me want to take revenge. I don't like to carry "baggage" from one life to another. So while I might take revenge some day it will be in the same life. Once I die, the story ends. There is no respawn, you live, then you die.

The OP has asked you to be honest. I am unsure if your response, based on his responses to posts in this threat, will be construed as honesty. He may well request or even require that you adjust this statement to say that you are a killer, so as to fit the need of ensuring that the title of this threat remain viable.

(Sorry, had to, this has gotten fun...) lol

• Like 2

The OP has asked you to be honest. I am unsure if your response, based on his responses to posts in this threat, will be construed as honesty. He may well request or even require that you adjust this statement to say that you are a killer, so as to fit the need of ensuring that the title of this threat remain viable.

(Sorry, had to, this has gotten fun...) lol

Yeah I want to make sure I follow this thread. It's made me laugh out loud a few times now.

This is gold:

I don't come into the forums for some teen to google my fucking spelling.. I know how to write, sorry guess your that forum know it all.. I'm not writing a god damn important paper or anything like that.

I'm just asking people to be honest.. Thats all.

Drop the act Doogie Howser..

I don't agree with you, Deepfryer, but you make me laugh. Which is why I hope you're not actually as angry as you sound.
  • Like 1

Yeah I want to make sure I follow this thread. It's made me laugh out loud a few times now.

This is gold:

I don't agree with you, Deepfryer, but you make me laugh. Which is why I hope you're not actually as angry as you sound.

I have to agree with the laughing out loud part. The age jab, with obscenities throughout the message, was enough for me... also, just noticed, here... Since it actually is funny now.... 

I know how to write, sorry guess your that forum know it all.. 

"you're"

-for science. 

• Like 1

Your and You're are very different things, I think he pointed it out because the rest of your posts are generally decent english, where this is terrible.

I will admit to killing, several times. I have never killed without extremely good reasons though, mad axe murderers, POS attempts, bandit attempts, I think those are justified as defending myself against people driven insane by the current conditions of DayZ.

To me this 'game' has a lot more to it than a bit of PvP, almost every online game offers that.

I don't murder, but I will defend myself. 

As a side note, the idea I see floating around about bringing back Hero and Bandit skins worries me a bit, did the mod have any way of deciding if your killing another person was murder, or justified, unavoidable self defence? Or would killing the kamikaze punch on sight new spawn make you into a bandit?

I didn't have google or internet when I was a teen either.. Apparently those who do well in english 101 assume that they've become above the cut/better than in terms of intellegence.. Nobody uses correct spelling/grammer in a forum. Those that do are or those that check the spelling of another are assuredly lonely and feel the need to be right on some scale. Taking someone down a notch due to a typographical error on a forum in the form of an apostrophe is, well... sad.

Back on topic.

Never did I say I had not killed anyone in game... I simply pointed to the fact that you went from an absolute (ALL)... to lesser forms, "most and beyond"... If you came here for vindication because you found yourself in a scary video game and had to kill the bad man and now you are worried about your digital soul, and want someone to tell you it is alright (that's exactly what the post I am quoting sounds like by the way)... Then I will tell you all about how the bad man hurted me and I hurted him back, with a pipe wrench, in the kitchen. 

No need to resort to calling the clan of "fuck you" people liars... Just properly title your post next time, maybe something like: "I killed a girl and I liked it"... I would be on that band wagon all day!

Once again, we are, or in your case we're... Yes I did say that, however, during this process it may have been a little blunt, perhaps slightly less thought out for your holly rollers feeding the needy.

I think it goes without saying, when someone feels that they are (they're) being attacked as part of the problem in so many words I should expect some banter between those two individuals (you and I).

You say I'm worried about my character, I'm not. I'm asking those that kill to admit it in so many words. Hell, you may have killed me before for no reason what so ever. I don't mind dying, my point is saying that you're (general statement) always nice is garbage. I always look at these threads many times a day about people killing (another KOS thread), (Why i now) blah blah blah..

I always see how other people respond here. It always appears that everyone claims how nice they are, and so, so helpful. The game is gritty, dirty, dangerous and people will backstab. Like I mentioned above, the people in my group are from the forums, they like to kill, we like to kill. We hunt shitheads who sit in the hills, or hunt the shitheads from the hills. This isn't to me KoS, it's kill the asshole who will combat log as soon as they have the lesser hand.

• Like 1

Nobody uses correct spelling/grammer in a forum. Those that do are or those that check the spelling of another are assuredly lonely and feel the need to be 

Wait, so because I use correct grammar/spelling/punctuation, I am assured lonely and/or feel the need to be right

Okay...

• Like 3

People who dont want to get shot stay away from sniper hill, and do not go to military loot spots. Entering a free fire zone makes you free game. I know when I go to a military base I am taking my life into my hands. 

People seriously need to adjust your perception. I have helped just as many people as I have killed. Many of the people I have killed have made poor decisions. But people who cant wrap your heads around the fact that what makes this game unique is how YOU choose to play it, and how that choice effects your experience in game. If you choose to not defend yourself, and take reasonable precautions you WILL die. Though shit. Wishing some other player made a choice that you wanted him to make, and complaining when they dont is insanity.

The definition of insanity? Repeating the same action over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

Instead take into account that the other person may have 0 respect for the 'life' of your avatar. What is your move then?

• Like 1

Oddly I get shot in the face?? High pop, going through electro for food, boom... If you've never been killed before, your playing low pop servers or not approaching armed people at all..

I walked up on 2 separate guys both armed with m-4s and they didnt shoot me. Most people would have, but occasionally you run into people who arent dicks.

That is right, just like 79% of the players I come across,.. The game is fun, don't get me wrong, I'm just tired of hearing about all these self proclaimed "hero's" I've met one dude that spared my life in 300hrs, other than the squad I created. Hero's don't sit on sniper hill, hero's aren't in the woods of kamyshovo, hero's don't camp military loot spots, hero's don't ghost, hero's to me imho are full of poo..

I play a hero, and feed the needy, even give them guns. Some try to betray me, and they die. Your assertion that heroes arent in the woods of kamyshovo is false, as I am proof that, occasionally, the guy in the woods is hunting a bandit shooting bambis from the rocks, the beach, or the town. I dont ghost, or combat log, and never have. Ive killed ghosters, and combat loggers that were foolish enough to rejoin the server. Also, if youre not finding anything at military spawns, maybe try joining servers that arent empty, and already looted by the hoppers, a nice mid-pop server usually has plenty of loot to go around, and on the full ones most people are at the coastal deathmatch.

• Like 1

I'm not mad.. I assume the people who are correcting my grammer are mad. I am aware of the difference between your and you're. I just don't fucking care to type it out because that's not the issue at hand. Of course for those that give a fuck, maybe it is. I would only assume the attacks on my grammer are more for the comedy aspect. Assuming I am so disgruntled I can't spell.

You should check your own writing sometime, maybe on some of the thing's you've said thus far. You'd find only an asshole would derail a topic on such a minor discrepancy, or maybe you really didn't understand. In both instances, I feel bad for you.

You know for something posted in "General Discussion" you don't seem to want much discussion OP.

All I see is another poster making another useless thread about "bandit lyf is da only way" and "friendly gets ya killd" and refusing to actually listen to other people's opinions (suprise, suprise 'ey?)

The game is primarily about survival, how you do that is entirely your choice and I'm here to inform you on something... Listen up it's a hard concept to grasp.

PEOPLE ARE ALL DIFFERENT.

Whilst your escapades might have proven that being "friendly" get's you killed, it does work for other people. So is true for the opposite, there are multiple playstyles and they aren't exactly black and white.

Also how can we be the minority if the majority of us posting on here identify as friendly?

Try leaving the coast, lowering your weapon around people, speaking in a friendly manner and most import antly, don't expose yourself until you've decided on whether or not they're friendly.

We're aren't all as bad as you seem, the majority are just trying to survice.

-Rambo

• Like 1

Wait, so because I use correct grammar/spelling/punctuation, I am assured lonely and/or feel the need to be right

Okay...

Not in the slightest. Only those with a need to point it out during a forum conversation to derail the topic and score some beans.

I walked up on 2 separate guys both armed with m-4s and they didnt shoot me. Most people would have, but occasionally you run into people who arent dicks.

You Sir, just made my point.. Most

I will admit to killing, several times. I have never killed without extremely good reasons though, mad axe murderers, POS attempts, bandit attempts, I think those are justified as defending myself against people driven insane by the current conditions of DayZ.

Axe Murderers are majestic creatures! MAJESTIC!

• Like 1

I'm pretty sure that terminology was born there, in that MMO hive if villainy and filth! But we'll not get into that >.>

Dayz is an MMO right?

Dayz is an MMO right?

Well, yeah technically.

I more so meant the MMORPGs, only I usually refuse to acknowledge them as 'Roleplaying' games. More aptly referred to as social networking treadmills that make you fat!

Though I guess all the simulated running in DayZ makes you fat too >.>

Edited by Rudette

I have not killed anyone since the game's release.

...what now?

What game? The op is talking about Dayz SA here..

Aaaawww you mean in RL, ok well done ! I have never killed a person in a whole life. I shot a dog once, but he was asking for it.

Back to the topic. What else do you no KOS guys do? Played for few days. Electro: 20 people, everyone killing each other, die, go dupe, come back, die again and so on. No one has interest going around the map searching loot for hours. Lets just kill each other, till we get more content. Its quite fun.

• Like 1

My group helps those who are friendly

And we have met a few well geared friendly people

I play for survival, pvp and re unique player interactions that come with meeting friendly players

Most of us are killers yes, but that's not why I play the game

Edited by Regulator Lone Warrior
  • Like 2

What game? The op is talking about Dayz SA here..

Aaaawww you mean in RL, ok well done ! I have never killed a person in a whole life. I shot a dog once, but he was asking for it.

Erm, I am not sure what your implication here is. I was obviously referring to DayZ, the game. The Standalone.

Not in the slightest. Only those with a need to point it out during a forum conversation to derail the topic and score some beans.

But that is what you said :S

Those that do are or those that check the spelling of another are assuredly lonely and feel the need to be right on some scale. 

Edited by Inception.
  • Like 2

Axe Murderers are majestic creatures! MAJESTIC!

I would love it if people would role play more personally. Sometimes one needs a rotten kiwi, or disinfectant spray in the mouth. I've run across several players who allow things to be done to the for the real feeling of the game. Though only under circumstances I clearly had the upper hand in.

The people I typically kill are spawn's running into the woods with mosins. Hungry and thristy just looking to kill anything that moves. I like to kill ghosters but often times you can't hear them register in due to the lack of ammo.

To recap, those saying how mad I sound are mistaken. My post should have read most. I've apparently hurt grammer child's feelings by grouping him into what he says he is not. I appreciate that type of player, if true, beans to you.

I didn't have google or internet when I was a teen either.. Apparently those who do well in english 101 assume that they've become above the cut/better than in terms of intellegence.. Nobody uses correct spelling/grammer in a forum. Those that do are or those that check the spelling of another are assuredly lonely and feel the need to be right on some scale. Taking someone down a notch due to a typographical error on a forum in the form of an apostrophe is, well... sad.

Back on topic.

Once again, we are, or in your case we're... Yes I did say that, however, during this process it may have been a little blunt, perhaps slightly less thought out for your holly rollers feeding the needy.

I think it goes without saying, when someone feels that they are (they're) being attacked as part of the problem in so many words I should expect some banter between those two individuals (you and I).

You say I'm worried about my character, I'm not. I'm asking those that kill to admit it in so many words. Hell, you may have killed me before for no reason what so ever. I don't mind dying, my point is saying that you're (general statement) always nice is garbage. I always look at these threads many times a day about people killing (another KOS thread), (Why i now) blah blah blah..

I always see how other people respond here. It always appears that everyone claims how nice they are, and so, so helpful. The game is gritty, dirty, dangerous and people will backstab. Like I mentioned above, the people in my group are from the forums, they like to kill, we like to kill. We hunt shitheads who sit in the hills, or hunt the shitheads from the hills. This isn't to me KoS, it's kill the asshole who will combat log as soon as they have the lesser hand.

Interesting. And your assumption that I am a kid, or young, or a "Holy Roller"... or that I am using Google to "find things"... Is that based on the same vast God Complex you used to make this post? All of those are assumptions, based on no factual information whatsoever. This IS a fact however, and undisputed at this point... Your post, and then your subsequent replies, have not coincided with each other, to the point of being contradictory. Also, your tone, remarks, and belittling comments towards people who have responded, lead ME to assume, that you are upset, and lashing out with the only thing you have in your arsenal, which is a lack of intelligent response to a debate, which you have now turned into an argument. 

Did I use Google to find all that? Or did analytical psychology pay off?.... Who knows... I may be seven! I may be facetious! (Ok, that was being sarcastic).... I may just be trolling you for my high school paper! 

I do have to get off here now though, it's past my bedtime mom said.

Forever Young... Out.

Well, yeah technically.

I more so meant the MMORPGs, only I usually refuse to acknowledge them as 'Roleplaying' games. More aptly referred to as social networking treadmills that make you fat!

Well, yeah technically.

Dayz is a MMORPG period. I think I might smell what your stepping in though.

Back to the topic. What else do you no KOS guys do? Played for few days. Electro: 20 people, everyone killing each other, die, go dupe, come back, die again and so on. No one has interest going around the map searching loot for hours. Lets just kill each other, till we get more content. Its quite fun.

I go bandit hunting, mostly. Stalk people, see what they are up to. Saving people from bandits is actually one of the best ways I have found of making friendly contact. Sniper hunting is also quite fun, but it can become an agonizingly slow experience trying to judge if a sniper is there to shoot everyone, or there to shoot bandits.