Sign in to follow this  
fox0rz

Player ID Cards

I'm sure someone has had this idea before but I couldn't find a thread, so I'm making my own now. To make hunting down players just a little bit more rewarding, and maybe even tragic, I'm proposing that when you kill a character that you can pick up his ID Card, which the player filled out in the options menu with name, DOB, and all the other good stuff, but on top of that it tells you how long this character was alive. An ID card could take up 1 slot each unless you get a ring binder to poke through the cards and then you could keep them in your pack. Maybe its just me but I think it would be pretty rewarding to kill somebody and find a whole stack of ID cards in his pack. Just for the record I'm not asking for an immediate implementation, just wondering what you guys think!

Edit: It seems Rocket posted something along these lines just yesterday  https://twitter.com/Rocket2guns/statuses/430466287077031937 . Idea was from foolonahill89

Edited by fox0rz
  • Like 5

Notebook/ Diary.

You could write personal notes, stick polaroid pictures in there and have a show of your life, players killed, zombies killed, players healed.

When you're bound other players could read it and see that you're a bit of a 'dick' and justice could be served.

Taken on death and collected for the KoS types.

Could contain some things like drivers license and other things selectable in character customisation to show finer details for the Role Playing types, PHD in medicine?, Pilots license, Registered Mechanic, Counsellor,

• Like 1

Most definitely, but it should also be an item that doesn't incumber the owning player. You know how it is, the first thing to fly out of the inventory is the flashlight and the battery, so it should be either in a slot that is unusable for anything else or you just can't see it for yourself. It could only be seen when you're looting a player.

• Like 2

I like the idea, I'd love to be able to make my own card (and Ikaika Industries Employee ID and a Hawaii State Driver's license comes to mind)

• Like 1

Hawaii State Driver's license

mclovin-license.jpg

• Like 1

There is no Momona St. the Holograms are clearly wrong (they would show up on a photocopy) the islands punchout is missing from the corners and that backdrop is the wrong shade of blue.

*EDIT*

Also in a feeble attempt to avoid committing a federal crime the back says 'For Novelty use only'.

Edited by BigMike
  • Like 1

Notebook/ Diary.

You could write personal notes, stick polaroid pictures in there and have a show of your life, players killed, zombies killed, players healed.

When you're bound other players could read it and see that you're a bit of a 'dick' and justice could be served.

Taken on death and collected for the KoS types.

Could contain some things like drivers license and other things selectable in character customisation to show finer details for the Role Playing types, PHD in medicine?, Pilots license, Registered Mechanic, Counsellor,

Doesn't really make sense though. If I was wondering around murdering people I don't think I'd write about it in a little book and carry around with me wherever I went. That sounds like a very, very bad idea to me.

• Like 1

I like the idea if a character ID/character progression card.

I think every time you die, you should start at the character creation screen, name your survivor, select appearance and fill out a character ID. It's up the the player how detailed you'd be and then this ID would take up one slot in your inventory.

Some players would only fill out the bare minimum of the ID and probably throw it away as soon as they spawn, spawn zones might be scattered with ID cards from players, shedding themselves of their own, pre-zombie identities, but others would keep it and they would have the ability to track their progression in DayZ. Heck if you killed someone with a old progression ID, you could loot it and claim his identity and the credit for all his zombie kills/murders.

Doesn't really make sense though. If I was wondering around murdering people I don't think I'd write about it in a little book and carry around with me wherever I went. That sounds like a very, very bad idea to me.

Well now you do.

Get used to it.

Edited by AP_Norris

this ID would take up one slot in your inventory.

See, I don't really like that, it would just be thrown out, I think it should appear on the body when you die.

I think we should have a way to identify dead players, like in the mod where we could "study body" to tell people's name...we could now "check ID" and take an ID card from the victim's body that could take one slot. This item is not's going to be findable on the victim's equipments, is only obtainable on death by tha scroll menu action. But nothing that encourage player killing players should be implemented...everything should be friendly-focused to decrease the ammount of KoS and make a more mature survival game. Even encouragin to this will not stop KoS and shit, I'm not asking for that, but with the ID hunting shit KoS will increase for sure

Instead of an ID card it could be your boarding pass to cherno, would make more sense that the date would be how long that character has been alive then a DOB on an ID card

• Like 1

Instead of an ID card it could be your boarding pass to cherno, would make more sense that the date would be how long that character has been alive then a DOB on an ID card

Or even better a passport with a date stamp?

• Like 1