Grimey Rick

Lost Regular and Hardcore characters... :T

Yeah... I just logged in for some early-morning DayZ fun. Instead of seeing my psychotic clown-like Hardcore character upon connecting to a server in my favorites list, I'm greeted with an angry bambi on the shore. Thinking there's just been a network glitch or something, I attempt to connect to another server in my favorites list to check out my Regular character. No such luck. Another bambi.

25584606_zps58ca1bed.jpg

• Like 2

same thing is happening to me and 3 others in my clan.  Just got all geared up lastnight and was stacked to the teeth. :( im hoping there is a database problem as I tested by removing all my clothes and logging out and back in only to find that i was on a different beach and had my clothes back on.  

mee too. spawn in dfferent places in different servers.

Same to me, happened just after the new patch. IMO it is the server issue, and the fact that you don't have just one character, but many of them would suggest that it is something wrong with the database.. Last time it happened, I had to wait for 2-3 hours, and everything became stable.

Yeah im winding up in odd places every time i try to reconnect to the same server.

Yeah im winding up in odd places every time i try to reconnect to the same server.

If the Hive is down and game can't load character data, then game spawns you as a new player.

If you continue playing and the Hive comes online, you'll overwrite your old geared up character.

• Like 1

same here.

also, what patch?

when did we patch?

i've been playing for 4 hours straight and switched to my HC character and JUST noticed this.

as in the last hour noticed this.

If the Hive is down and game can't load character data, then game spawns you as a new player.

If you continue playing and the Hive comes online, you'll overwrite your old geared up character.

But thats just it though, its my first time playing today and the hive loaded up fine.

the servers have NO DATA from our characters right now.

forcing me to respawn in every possible spawn point.

this is either:

BUG

or:

CHARACTER WIPE BEFORE PATCH

"i gots to know man, i gots to know..."

Hive down, confirmed on twitter, log out + wait

same here.

also, what patch?

when did we patch?

i've been playing for 4 hours straight and switched to my HC character and JUST noticed this.

as in the last hour noticed this.

I haven't had a patch today, I have no idea what that other guy is talking about. Patch is supposed to be tomorrow, like 24+ hours from now at the soonest.

1: Do NOT get attatched to your character/gear.

2: The game is in ALPHA.

3: Expect character wipes.

4: The game is in ALPHA.

Same here, lost everything...  >:(

Everytime I log in I start as a Bambi again.

I know not to get attached by gear but I can't help it  ;)

Same here, lost everything...  > :(

Everytime I log in I start as a Bambi again.

I know not to get attached by gear but I can't help it  ;)

Character serve is down.

So you can't load character data.

So game spawns you as new character.

Log off, so your new character doesn't overwrite your old character data.

• Like 1

DAWSON CRYFACE FOR EVERYONE

dawson_crying.gif

LOG OUT, BITCHES!

Ok.. You are really wearing out that meme cry face out.. lol.  I think all of your last posts you've made in each forum topic you've use it.  <_<

Anywho.. Hopefully tomorrow the hive database will be back in order.. Preparation for the new Stable release of the new patch, I hope.  ! :rolleyes:

1: Do NOT get attatched to your character/gear.

2: The game is in ALPHA.

3: Expect character wipes.

4: The game is in ALPHA.

when-are-you-just-going-to-stfu.jpg

Exactly the same moment when you stop being a smart-ass.

Says the guy reiterating the fact that we're still in Alpha status not once, but twice in a single post. Fuck off, bud. We're all fully fucking aware this is an Alpha. Fuck.

In other news, the character deletion issue seems to have been resolved, at least for me. I have both my Regular and Hardcore characters back. Yay!

Says the guy reiterating the fact that we're still in Alpha status not once, but twice in a single post. Fuck off, bud. We're all fully fucking aware this is an Alpha. Fuck.

In other news, the character deletion issue seems to have been resolved, at least for me. I have both my Regular and Hardcore characters back. Yay!

And yet people constantly seem to forget that it is in Alpha. And telling me to fuck off? That just makes me want to push you more. It doesn't help you one bit to pretend to be tough on a forum.

And yet people constantly seem to forget that it is in Alpha. And telling me to fuck off? That just makes me want to push you more. It doesn't help you one bit to pretend to be tough on a forum.

Yes, fuck off. I don't know what kind of a mood you get in reading a forum, but I'm pretty chill. I just sit here reading the idiotic drivel being emitted from people's fingertips and reply however/whenever I feel it's somewhat necessary. If anything, when I see posts like your Alpha post(s), I literally sigh, look at my ceiling, and then put my palm to my face.

Also, telling someone to fuck off doesn't imply you're "tough". My wife tells me to fuck off all the time, and I'm pretty sure I'd wipe the floor with her. ;3 But y'know what? When I'm acting like a fuckstick and she tells me to fuck off, I take a minute, reflect, and then generally agree with her diagnosis of the situation.

things-that-make-you-go-hmmm-00111.jpg

You know what? I'm entitled to bring forth my opinion in whichever thread I chose. Sure, you can tell me to "fuck off". I chose not to. And you can't do anything about that. And I can't do anything about some douche telling me to fuck off after my first reply in the thread.

Edited by Whistler2k4

You know what? I'm entitled to bring forth my opinion in whichever thread I chose. Sure, you can tell me to "fuck off". I chose not to. And you can't do anything about that. And I can't do anything about some douche telling me to fuck off after my first reply in the thread.

Okay, you win.

jk.jpeg?1362185585