Sign in to follow this  
infiltrator

How often do you die from glitches?

I had an almost fully gear character with a huge stockpile of food, bullets, pristine M4 with a lot of attachments.. walked into a building, bumped into a wall, kept walking through it and died. Needless to say I was pretty pissed.. how often does this happen to you guys, and are there specific buildings I should avoid if its regular?

thanks

• Like 2

Well firstly its alpha if you dont like this come back 2015

Secondly all buildings can do this its to do with the server desync

But mainly avoid buildings with two or more storeys

i've been playing since before christmas and yet to die from a glitch, had plenty, broken my legs but always survived,

Also never had a character wipe.

*touch wood*

• Like 1

Never. But it will happen, at least during the alpha, so count on dying every second and you won't get disappointed when you do :). 

Same happened to me but i only broke my bones. It can really happen anywhere but i don't see any reason to avoid anything but ladders atm. A fresh restart is always fun. 

Well firstly its alpha if you dont like this come back 2015

Secondly all buildings can do this its to do with the server desync

But mainly avoid buildings with two or more storeys

Thanks, but cut the attitude if its not warranted.

• Like 4

Same happened to me but i only broke my bones. It can really happen anywhere but i don't see any reason to avoid anything but ladders atm. A fresh restart is always fun. 

You won't fall off of ladders if you make sure you have nothing in your hands first.

• Like 6

Only "glitches" I died by was by falling (or getting sucked towards the edge) in the shipwreck at rify.

That place is a deathtrap lol :)

• Like 1

Until recently, until I learned how to avoid it, all the fucking time.

Pretty much as soon as I found x luxury item I was searching for, poof, I'd find some stairs to fall off of, or a wall to walk through, or a ladder to jump over, etc.

You won't fall off of ladders if you make sure you have nothing in your hands first.

Ah, sweet okai :) 

About 15:1 ratio, ladders, rocks and 2nd-3rd floor walls are the devil.

Edit: What i really have a problem with is 'Desynch'. That's really messing up my experience with the alpha.

Edited by BrainlessZombie

Is this a new feature? Because every time I've died from a ladder I never once had something in my hands.

OP,

I've died approx. 5x by enemy hands and about 15-20x by glitchery (stairs/ladders/walls/sids/login/insivible players/invisible zombies/etc)

Edited by Good Greef

Only "glitches" I died by was by falling (or getting sucked towards the edge) in the shipwreck at rify.

That place is a deathtrap lol :)

I think whatever used to haunt Green MT. moved to that ship.

Thanks, but cut the attitude if its not warranted.

Well you keep posting about stuff that hasnt been worked on properly because its in alpha

I used to have a lot of trouble with ladders leading to broken legs, but I havent fallen off one since the last update.

I fell from the catwalk in a warehouse once, but it was really my fault for expecting the hand rail to keep me from falling.  I also magically popped through a wall on the second story and died one time.  Also, I mysteriously died once after reaching the top of a ladder in Cherno.  Another time, I climbed a ladder with a M4A1 on my back and a mosin in my hands, then halfway up I realized I probably dropped the mosin and hit tab, this resulted in death.  If you count character wipes, that may have happened 3 times.  It is hard to blame deaths completely on a glitch, when there is poor decision making involved.

i've been playing since before christmas and yet to die from a glitch, had plenty, broken my legs but always survived,

Also never had a character wipe.

*touch wood*c

You are extremely lucky even to have survived every time you break your legs.  I have gotten broken legs and crawled for 20 minutes, but once an infected spotted me it was hard to survive with broken legs (once I had an axe and it took 3 to finally knock me out, but I have had a broken leg with no melee weapon and that ended with one infected.  Also, it is fairly surprising you have "never had a character wipe" specially considering that the entire hive was wiped at one point either in late December or early January.

• Like 1

I pretty much only die from glitches. Once you know how to move around and spot/track properly the glitches become the primary threat. I believe I've died 3-4 times from glitches and once from a silent KoS guy... idk it's been a while.

Edited by Old_Crow_Whiskey

Well you keep posting about stuff that hasnt been worked on properly because its in alpha

There is a good way and a bad way to remind people that they're in an alpha product.  Telling them to come back in 2015 if they don't like it... isn't the good way.

• Like 2

Only once for me so far... but I haven't been playing very long.  As a previous posted stated I got too close to the handrail in a warehouse... got game dizzy looking over the side and then next thing I remember "You are dead".  Might have been desync or just me being an idiot, but either way I was dead.

I had an almost fully gear character with a huge stockpile of food, bullets, pristine M4 with a lot of attachments.. walked into a building, bumped into a wall, kept walking through it and died. Needless to say I was pretty pissed.. how often does this happen to you guys, and are there specific buildings I should avoid if its regular?

thanks

I fell from the catwalk in a warehouse once, but it was really my fault for expecting the hand rail to keep me from falling.  I also magically popped through a wall on the second story and died one time.  Also, I mysteriously died once after reaching the top of a ladder in Cherno.  Another time, I climbed a ladder with a M4A1 on my back and a mosin in my hands, then halfway up I realized I probably dropped the mosin and hit tab, this resulted in death.  If you count character wipes, that may have happened 3 times.  It is hard to blame deaths completely on a glitch, when there is poor decision making involved.

You are extremely lucky even to have survived every time you break your legs.  I have gotten broken legs and crawled for 20 minutes, but once an infected spotted me it was hard to survive with broken legs (once I had an axe and it took 3 to finally knock me out, but I have had a broken leg with no melee weapon and that ended with one infected.  Also, it is fairly surprising you have "never had a character wipe" specially considering that the entire hive was wiped at one point either in late December or early January.

There's been some funny glitch related posts on the forums.  You guys have featured in the latest DayZ User Stories.  Thanks for sharing your stories  :)

• Like 1

Hey Infiltrator, 

welcome to the forums. Excellent to have another fan of DayZ supporting the community.

Please forgive some of our more ignorant long term members, they hear your story a great deal and get a little tired of reading the same posts.

The Alpha is not intended as a fully operational game and has significant defects, the development team are working hard to correct them but only have limited resources.

If you give it another month or so they will get round to fixing these bugs, you should have seen the MOD. It had some doozies!

Anyway, simple answer is to log the problem on the forums "Bug" section and it will be investigated.

(In this case its already there but always good to follow the proper reporting channels)

Welcome again and please share more of your stories.

• Like 1

Hey, thanks for the welcome. I assumed the bug was reported, my intention here was mainly to gauge how often or in what way said things occur so I can take proper measures into not doing the same thing again, nothing more.. I knew what I was getting into when I got the alpha, watched videos, and, to be honest, I've had far, far worse experiences with alpha games than this.

Edited by Infiltrator