Sign in to follow this  
KerrSG1

Remove Atmospheric Sound of Chain Link Fence

Seems like every so often you hear the sound of something like a chain link fence gate closing or something.  It makes no sense as an atmospheric sound.  It's annoying actually.  Why is it there?  It should be removed.

• Like 6

Running in Balota forest-Sound of Chain Link Fence

Spawning on coast-Sound of Chain Link Fence

Flying a chopper-Sound of Chain Link Fence

Swimming in the middle the ocean-Sound of Chain Link Fence

• Like 3

Running in Balota forest-Sound of Chain Link Fence

Spawning on coast-Sound of Chain Link Fence

Flying a chopper-Sound of Chain Link Fence

Swimming in the middle the ocean-Sound of Chain Link Fence

Yeah, it's pretty prolific and makes no sense.  It should go.  Animals, sound of wind whistling, leaves rustling, anything else makes sense.  But that damn chain link fence is everywhere.

Seems like every so often you hear the sound of something like a chain link fence gate closing or something.  It makes no sense as an atmospheric sound.  It's annoying actually.  Why is it there?  It should be removed.

it's pretty unrealistic, but I have no problem with it, I'm even used to hear that...although I would love to hear some gunshots, shit burning, zombie moaning and survivors screams as ambient sounds

it's pretty unrealistic, but I have no problem with it, I'm even used to hear that...although I would love to hear some gunshots, shit burning, zombie moaning and survivors screams as ambient sounds

So would be hearing all that, when they don't actually exist. The only time you want to hear zombie sounds and gunshots and screams, is when they are actually happening or are actually in game somewhere around you, so that you have a "true" audio cue to know what the hell is going on. They would not suit to be a background sound in this game at all!!

• Like 4

I'd rather have the fence sound than have random ambient noises which would confuse many a people. Distant gunshots, moans and screams would make people think that there is a danger around when there actually isn't. Also, zombies who would normally react to things like gunshots wouldn't, confusing people who didn't recognize the ambience. Also, having a ton of prevalent sounds like that do get repetitive (Just play the end chapters of Half-Life: 2, you'll hear the same ambient gunshot noises 15000 times) 

You people that don't mind a noise that shouldn't be there need to get your heads checked.

It's just unprofessional to have such a silly ambient sound where it shouldn't be.

Hopefully some MAJOR, work on sounds is done with mew sound guy.

When you shoot a gun, birds scare off and everything falls silent.

Random heavy metal door slams aswell = bullcrap.

I want a realistic game, leave the ambient atmospheric sounds for the menu screen.

• Like 4

I think I became attuned to them, have not noticed it in a while but now that I've read this I'm sure I will be over listening.

I think I became attuned to them, have not noticed it in a while but now that I've read this I'm sure I will be over listening.

I barely hear them, but it's the fact that they are there IN THIS GAME that bothers me.

All sounds should be coming from something in the environment.

Hopefully even bird sounds too.

It has been speculated that it will not be random, a player touching a fence might trigger that sound and others too like birds reacting to players in proximity

(There's always something that annoys someone)

I've got no essential problem with it, but most of the sounds seem to have been ported over and the game doesn't yet have it's own pallet as it were. Hopefully the devs will think up some new ones down the track, hopefully a new Zombie noise because the old one really grates on me.

I get nervous with the Zombie sound(I'm playing the stand alone), but then u can't actually track and find the Zombie (though the sound lets you know there is one near) that chain link drives me nuts, because im not sure if its actually a zombie near by shaking a fence.. >< , might be nice to address that one eventually.. relivent noises to relivent enviromental situations.

• Like 1

The fence sound is especially annoying in cities where you think someones around but your actually all alone. Move that sound from atmospheric to actual a sound for opening fence and it would be perfect.

Also...stop that butterfly following me around screaming like a zombie...and have it so when you hear twigs snapping in woods, it is because someone is there.

• Like 1

So would be hearing all that, when they don't actually exist. The only time you want to hear zombie sounds and gunshots and screams, is when they are actually happening or are actually in game somewhere around you, so that you have a "true" audio cue to know what the hell is going on. They would not suit to be a background sound in this game at all!!

I think something like this would be pretty cool to have as a background ambience sound, barely noticeable at the distance to add to the realism...because, belive it or not, zombies make a lot of noise and people would get scared on an outbreak. Still I know this is alpha and there's a really small ammount of zombies atm, but when they increase that number and put hordes, would be really cool to hear that creepy zombie sound in the distance, giving the feel that there's actually a fight for survival. Maybe without the people's screams, but keep the zombie sounds.

this atmospheric sound is great and you can tell which one is from a far distance and which one is from a zombie near you

• Like 2

I think something like this would be pretty cool to have as a background ambience sound, barely noticeable at the distance to add to the realism...because, belive it or not, zombies make a lot of noise and people would get scared on an outbreak. Still I know this is alpha and there's a really small ammount of zombies atm, but when they increase that number and put hordes, would be really cool to hear that creepy zombie sound in the distance, giving the feel that there's actually a fight for survival. Maybe without the people's screams, but keep the zombie sounds.

this atmospheric sound is great and you can tell which one is from a far distance and which one is from a zombie near you

Love the resident evil reference, that envoirement is completeley awesome :D hope DayZ gets something like that in a future, that shit was creepy ^^ much better than the chain link fence hehe

There is one ambient sound that bothers me sometimes.

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but it sounds like a pull tab on a soda. >.>

There is one ambient sound that bothers me sometimes.

I'm not sure what it's supposed to be, but it sounds like a pull tab on a soda. >.>

I think is a bug...I hear people reloading, soda tabs, zombies and pain sounds