Erikp3

The bullet that broke the bambi's back

RkJzNyl.gif

:D  Same thing crossed my mind while trying to read that...

Blonde mustached Tom Delonge wtf

Honestly I've been playing DayZ since it came out, and I still play the mod. (Taviana, Namalsk, Epoch, Chernaurus origin, etc) and I been KoS, robbed and what not multiple times. It made me cautious, but it didn't corrupt me as to treat DayZ as any other FPS/TPS out there...

I had more civilized encounters in the SA than in the Mod though.

• Like 1

I SUCK SUCK SUCK with a jeyboard and  mouse. I had always been a console gamer and so when I moved to PC shortly after Arma 2 came out in 2009 I had a rough time of it. Games with aim assist like Battle Field werent so bad but Arma, my god. 

So recently I have noticed that anytime I get into a PvP sitchu I get my ass handed everytime. The problem is I dont practice enough I think.

I may have to switch to KoS gameplay style, at least for a while to practice defending myself once I go back to my normal play style. :-/

What's funny is every bambi i've run into over the last few weeks has yelled "friendly friendly!!!" and surrendered. I've then put them at ease, give them a little food and then point them in the right direction if they're looking for gear.

I get real curious how many of these guys KOS'd while I was running down a street with my rifle slung over my back, looking for supplies in a small town.

Funny enough, a guy caught me dead to rights in Chorno while I was fully kitted with an M4 with all pristine MAGPUL parts and ACOG. He had a 357 and said "Hands up". My rifle was slung, but all he wanted was for me to leave so he could loot the fire house in peace. I complied and didn't double back because the dude was cool enough not to pop my head and take all my awesome stuff.

• Like 2

I met two cool dudes yesterday, both could have shot me, one gave me a gun. 

Your logic is flawed. The real challenge in the game is how you deal with evolving situations. If you are continuously getting shot 'every' time, your doing something wrong.

• Like 1

Welcome to Dayz. U figured out how to play. Dont forget to shoot a few bambies, because they will come for you when they find an axe..

What's funny is every bambi i've run into over the last few weeks has yelled "friendly friendly!!!" and surrendered.

If people run around yelling "friendly" all the time it is a good indicator that they are dead within the next few seconds.

I've met too many people who just use it to reduce distance and punch you in the face.

Don't approach unless you want to risk death.  Don't be too trusting.  Approach the situation with as close to parity as possible. If you are in the dominant position, you will be fine (or maybe still dead).

If you want to live, you can't be interested in putting your life in the hands of those you don't trust.

Learn to not care so much.  Don't get attached to gear.  Don't sweat death in the first hour, it is essentially meaningless even though people will try and pretend it matters.  There is nothing more embarrassing than folks who threaten newspawns or try to handcuff them.  What are they thinking?  To hell with them, just carry on your marry way, punch them, attack them, do whatever.  What is the worst that can happen? You die and respawn a kilometer or two away.

I SUCK SUCK SUCK with a jeyboard and mouse. I had always been a console gamer and so when I moved to PC shortly after Arma 2 came out in 2009 I had a rough time of it. Games with aim assist like Battle Field werent so bad but Arma, my god.

So recently I have noticed that anytime I get into a PvP sitchu I get my ass handed everytime. The problem is I dont practice enough I think.

I may have to switch to KoS gameplay style, at least for a while to practice defending myself once I go back to my normal play style. :-/

Go download Loadout on Steam RIGHT NOW. It's free, and a good way to practice your aim in an appropriate environment. (:

I'm honestly tired of everyone else having guns. It doesn't ever end well for me.

I surrender. I get shot.

I run away. I get shot.

I say I'm friendly. I get shot.

I'm running from zombies. I get shot.

I wave at them. I get shot.

I bandage them. I get shot,

I'm looking for food. I get shot.

I calmly ask "hey please don't shoot me." I still get shot.

Every time i interact with someone for more than 4 sentences I seem to get shot. I don't really blame any of them. None of them are obligated to listen to my pleas of "at least leave me unconscious but alive." But still, it would have been nice to not fear being murdered every time I try and find food. I would have shared with them if they asked. But they didn't. They just shot me. Multiple times. All the time. Well I've decided enough is enough. I've had a fully kitted character on Hardcore mode just waiting to see some action. I only really use him when playing with friends anyway. I'm going down to Balota/Cherno with more Mosin rounds than will fit in an ammo box and I'm going to set up a dead zone. If I see anyone on my server with a gun walking around I'm going to blow their head off. No warning, no nothing. Just that same black screen I've had to sigh at for the past couple weeks. It's time to balance things out a bit. If anyone is traveling in that area please conceal your weapons if you want to avoid a rifle round to the face.

dwight-schrute-meme-generator-false-givi

• Like 1

If people run around yelling "friendly" all the time it is a good indicator that they are dead within the next few seconds.

I've met too many people who just use it to reduce distance and punch you in the face.

well, I don't let them get too close, anD if their fists go up they get blasted.

Knock on wood, I havent been beat down yet

well, I don't let them get too close, anD if their fists go up they get blasted.

Knock on wood, I havent been beat down yet

Because I snipe people on the coast with my fists, right?

Because I snipe people on the coast with my fists, right?

Obvuously I meant if theyre close enough to close the distance quickly. I don't shoot bambis.

No punishment for murderous players. That's why they keep murdering.

Give 'em a bandit skin for their murderous activities, and at least the rest of us have a chance.

I admire the game for trying to be lifelike, but it will always be a game. So safeguards are needed. There needs to be a penalty for the bad guys, or the game will be ruined.

Im sure the rocket man has a plan for these guys though, he wouldn't have made a survival game just to let the idiots win so easily in the end. Fingers crossed...

*sniff* I wear my mask wiff pride 'n' all guv. Take pride in my work, you ever play payday? those masks are worn by professionals m8..

people confuse vulnerability with just being nice in every part of life. Some take advantage of that and boost their self confidence through you. You can just go on with your behavior and not give a shit about their misplaced opinion of you, or you can go berserk and make their disgraceful maggot lives as shitty as they deserve (recommended for mental health). Just evaluate deliberately who needs punishment and who doesnt, or else you are no better than them.

translated into DayZ:

You want to help people? Why? F*ck them. Humanity is bad. You dont have to abolish the good part of your spirit, but dont put yourself in danger for others. You have been taken for a fool multiple times. If you encounter a player, take a look at his characteristics. Is he one of those assholes that would have taken advantage of you before? Stab him in the back. Is he just a normal human being? Split paths.

Edited by 27 others

And a bandit is born.

Not really.  Another KOS douche is born.  Proper bandits don't just shoot everyone they say.

• Like 2

The skins are terrible, there's no way for the system to tell a guy with a gun pointed at you apart from soneone who's friendly.

Over time the numbers add up to reveal your true play style. ...and if the system is imperfect or exploitable through some effort, so be it, that just retains the need to be cautious around all unknowns... I don't want full skins either though.

*sniff* I wear my mask wiff pride 'n' all guv. Take pride in my work, you ever play payday? those masks are worn by professionals m8..

Without question, I shot every single person who wears a payday mask.  100% of the time they are douchebags.  Who else wears those stupid things?

• Like 1

Go download Loadout on Steam RIGHT NOW. It's free, and a good way to practice your aim in an appropriate environment. (:

except Loadouts controls are spot on, while DayZ are the opposite.

Without question, I shot every single person who wears a payday mask.  100% of the time they are douchebags.  Who else wears those stupid things?

only 2 kinds of people wear payday masks.. bandits or clowns either no loss!

Shoot first, the language of a Dayz coward.

Fear not, this is likely a phase.  Reading the forums, listening to the live streams from Dean/devs, and playing the game have led me to one conclusion: This game will ultimately become unattractive to the action-FPS gamers and they'll be drawn away by Battlefield 5 or COD 23, or whatever.  The vast majority of KoS types are here because its the new hot game, and they do what they do because they don't know any better. Furthermore, 'Bandit' and 'KoS' are not synonymous. As much as I despise them, Bandits will always be a part of the game, just as they are a part of life.  Bandits are the capitalists of survival, most of them just want something, but not your life. Murder means fewer return customers  B)

Edited by Mr Jizz

Over time the numbers add up to reveal your true play style. ...and if the system is imperfect or exploitable through some effort, so be it, that just retains the need to be cautious around all unknowns... I don't want full skins either though.

My problem is it shoves people into specific playstyles. You're a bandit, want to be a medic next life? Too bad, you're going to get shot on sight and the people who do it are going to be rewarded. It does nothing to make people risk trusting each other, it just attaches a bizarre point system where people are going to be shooting for (heh) either side of the spectrum.

Bandits would also be forced to KoS. Currently a crafty bandit can infiltrate a group and kill them when they're off guard. That wouldn't happen with a skin. People complain about deathmatch but the skin system would just make it more of a deathmatch with points and penalties for shooting certain types of players like an arcade game.

• Like 1

I play a little bit on both sides of the fence. Every time I spawn I go in with a different mindset/personality/goal in mind.

KoS is fine.

-----Everything between is fine------

Being friendly is fine.

I think the problem lies with people who don't know how to properly engage in friendly behavior---Expose yourself as little as possible. Follow the rules of engagement, per say. Basic risk management skills! Don't play against KoS, play around it. Breaking line of sight when you engage in conversation, for example, is good way to scout someone for intent. Adapt. Also? I've found hardcore servers tend to house more friendly people, but that might be some sort of placebo effect after a string of coincidentally good encounters.

Edited by Rudette