Erikp3

The bullet that broke the bambi's back

I'm honestly tired of everyone else having guns. It doesn't ever end well for me.

I surrender. I get shot.

I run away. I get shot.

I say I'm friendly. I get shot.

I'm running from zombies. I get shot.

I wave at them. I get shot.

I bandage them. I get shot,

I'm looking for food. I get shot.

I calmly ask "hey please don't shoot me." I still get shot.

Every time i interact with someone for more than 4 sentences I seem to get shot. I don't really blame any of them. None of them are obligated to listen to my pleas of "at least leave me unconscious but alive." But still, it would have been nice to not fear being murdered every time I try and find food. I would have shared with them if they asked. But they didn't. They just shot me. Multiple times. All the time. Well I've decided enough is enough. I've had a fully kitted character on Hardcore mode just waiting to see some action. I only really use him when playing with friends anyway. I'm going down to Balota/Cherno with more Mosin rounds than will fit in an ammo box and I'm going to set up a dead zone. If I see anyone on my server with a gun walking around I'm going to blow their head off. No warning, no nothing. Just that same black screen I've had to sigh at for the past couple weeks. It's time to balance things out a bit. If anyone is traveling in that area please conceal your weapons if you want to avoid a rifle round to the face.

• Like 9

If you come across as vulnerable and gullible to people, you will be shot

And a bandit is born.

Not just any bandit, It's a KoS bandit.

The circle of life is complete.

• Like 6

I'm honestly tired of everyone else having guns. It doesn't ever end well for me.

I surrender. I get shot.

I run away. I get shot.

I say I'm friendly. I get shot.

I'm running from zombies. I get shot.

I wave at them. I get shot.

I bandage them. I get shot,

I'm looking for food. I get shot.

I calmly ask "hey please don't shoot me." I still get shot.

Every time i interact with someone for more than 4 sentences I seem to get shot. I don't really blame any of them. None of them are obligated to listen to my pleas of "at least leave me unconscious but alive." But still, it would have been nice to not fear being murdered every time I try and find food. I would have shared with them if they asked. But they didn't. They just shot me. Multiple times. All the time. Well I've decided enough is enough. I've had a fully kitted character on Hardcore mode just waiting to see some action. I only really use him when playing with friends anyway. I'm going down to Balota/Cherno with more Mosin rounds than will fit in an ammo box and I'm going to set up a dead zone. If I see anyone on my server with a gun walking around I'm going to blow their head off. No warning, no nothing. Just that same black screen I've had to sigh at for the past couple weeks. It's time to balance things out a bit. If anyone is traveling in that area please conceal your weapons if you want to avoid a rifle round to the face.

Personally you just need to learn the hard way to avoid ppl. And stay hidden even if your traveling the coast. Dont wear clothing that makes you stick out allot. And once you get familiar with building types ONLY hit the ones that carry gun spawns till you have one and just go to other ones when needing other things. Main thing is AVOID CONTACT at all cost. And if you do find ppl and they want to get close and chat tell them to keep there distance and everything with be cool. Iv meet a few encounters now that went good this way. Even ran into a new spawn that started getting on his hands and knees when i came up to him seeing if it was a killed person. I told him just not to be a douchbag and watch for zombies than i left. But if your got a gut feeling that something is not right its best to get out of the area fast.

If you come across as are alive  vulnerable and gullible to people, you will be shot

• Like 11

Personally you just need to learn the hard way to avoid ppl. And stay hidden even if your traveling the coast. Dont wear clothing that makes you stick out allot. And once you get familiar with building types ONLY hit the ones that carry gun spawns till you have one and just go to other ones when needing other things. Main thing is AVOID CONTACT at all cost. And if you do find ppl and they want to get close and chat tell them to keep there distance and everything with be cool. Iv meet a few encounters now that went good this way. Even ran into a new spawn that started getting on his hands and knees when i came up to him seeing if it was a killed person. I told him just not to be a douchbag and watch for zombies than i left. But if your got a gut feeling that something is not right its best to get out of the area fast.

I prefer to talk to people in game frequently. If they don't seem hostile immediately I usually'l approach people. Expecting that maybe they would also be bored with out some other player coming by. After you get food and water covered you don't have anything much left other than interacting with other players to do. 

Edited by Erikp3
  • Like 1

You also just can't approach anyone in this game whenever you want. You need to approach with the upper hand. Corner someone when their back is turned to make a friend.

and making friends towards the earlier part of your gearing stage also helps deter would-be "kill you for your stuff"ers. 

I KoS a lot when I'm up north, but I also like to make new friends and travel with randos when I feel like it. You just have to know how to talk to people and let them earn your trust.

i have never been double crossed by anyone I have come across. it's usually one or the other: You're dead or you have a traveling partner

I like shooting people :) Especially server hoppers. >.> 

• Like 1

Not just any bandit, It's a KoS bandit.

The circle of life is complete.

Who needs reasoning when you can be seasoning with a rifle?

It has been a mixed bag for me. I shoot first if someone armed is running at me or going prone with a target on me. I have a good friend to kills everyone he can and another that never kills anyone unless they attack first. Personally I have had good experiences more often than bad. Most people I talk to in game offer me food/water and we talk about the game and if either has seen anything interesting lately. Of course I have also been the victim of helping someone and then having them attack me fight after that but that is just how it goes for now. Believe me though,there are some really cool people out there. 

• Like 1

No punishment for murderous players. That's why they keep murdering.

Give 'em a bandit skin for their murderous activities, and at least the rest of us have a chance.

I admire the game for trying to be lifelike, but it will always be a game. So safeguards are needed. There needs to be a penalty for the bad guys, or the game will be ruined.

Im sure the rocket man has a plan for these guys though, he wouldn't have made a survival game just to let the idiots win so easily in the end. Fingers crossed...

• Like 4

If you come across as are alive  vulnerable and gullible to people, you will be shot

Well, if you're dead I'll probably shoot you as well.

Shooting eggs in the nest, that's real hunting !

I prefer to talk to people in game frequently. If they don't seem hostile immediately I usualyl approach people. Expecting that maybe they also would be bored with out some other player coming by. After you get food and water covered you don't have anything much left other than interacting with other players to do. 

Not really just go around killing zombies. It is a zombie game after all lol

If you don't want to get shot, shoot 'em first, trust me. I have learned that from a harsh 1 year playing this game.

No punishment for murderous players. That's why they keep murdering.

Give 'em a bandit skin for their murderous activities, and at least the rest of us have a chance.

I admire the game for trying to be lifelike, but it will always be a game. So safeguards are needed. There needs to be a penalty for the bad guys, or the game will be ruined.

Im sure the rocket man has a plan for these guys though, he wouldn't have made a survival game just to let the idiots win so easily in the end. Fingers crossed...

The skins are terrible, there's no way for the system to tell a guy with a gun pointed at you apart from soneone who's friendly.

Yeah, more KOS begins.  *sigh*

Not everyone that gets killed goes bandit. i just stay cautious of other players and if need be the silent killer when opportunity pops up. Damn we need poisonous tiped darts for blow guns haha.

• Like 2

If you don't want to get shot, shoot 'em first, trust me. I have learned that from a harsh 1 year playing this game.

Try telling that to an American fella who trailed me on vanilla mod and then offered me his help when he could have easily finished me off with a bullet in the back near the junkyard. So you seriously played the mod and never bumped into a good guy in a years worth of playing?

Shoot first, the language of a Dayz coward.

• Like 1

Yeah, more KOS begins. *sigh*

Yes atm is not all that kos, yesterday on experimental server a guy approached me, putted away his mosin and wigglingwaving ( lucky him i had not even a axe ) asap he got near me a fresh bambi whitout any loot the predictable happened, got a fireaxe in mi face.

That s not pure hardcore kos.

Im sniping on pristine longrange staying im uber covered points, so fun when they realize what s going on and have no idea where to go snd bleed om streets 1 minute later.

Edited by KamiOfKOS

It really isn't hard to initiate contact, but don't be surprised if you let your guard down and die.

You'll expose yourself talking to someone, so you need to make up for that. Point a gun at their face and tell them to stop/holster weapon/not turn around.

That can have three effects:

- They'll log out (wont be a problem after the next patch, but even with the current patch some people just smell like combat loggers - eg those in full mil gear on any sniper hill), be careful of ghosters.

- They turn around, draw their weapon or run towards you. Shoot them, no second warning, you tried.

- They cooperate, lower your weapon too, keep a safe distance and talk. Don't be overly friendly, if you have a lot and they have nothing to lose, they still might try something funny. If you don't like their voice or way of talking, just leave.

I usually stalk people for some minutes before initiating contact. To make sure they are alone, to see their weapons and their general behavior and to pick a good position for myself.

Edited by Baarn

Yes atm is not all that kos, yesterday on experimental server a guy approached me, putted away his mosin and wigglingwaving ( lucky him i had not even a axe ) asap he got near me a fresh bambi whitout any loot the predictable happened, got a fireaxe in mi face.

That s not pure hardcore kos.

Im sniping on pristine longrange staying im uber covered points, so fun when they realize what s going on and have no idea where to go snd bleed om streets 1 minute later.

RkJzNyl.gif

• Like 2