7heButch3r

Add more Zombies to solve KOS

Dont get me wrong, most of the time, if I see you before you see me, your dead, and I'm grabbin your lootz. 

However, in the interest of making Dayz the best it can be, I think this is actually very simple. 

At present there are simply not enough zombies in the game to make it difficult to survive. This leads to some of the boredom that some players complain about, and it definitely contributes to the KOS mentality that allot complain about. 

For the amount of resources available to you, weapons, food and water, it is too easy to survive the environment. It is only other players that pose a threat, and thus the real challenge becomes PvP. 

If in fact it was really hard to get into a town, and survive the hoard to get the resources, then folks would have to band together to get the food and water they need to survive. 

Hence: More Zombies = Better game

Edited by 7heButch3r
  • Like 2

inb4 people still KOS for the lulz.

People are ***holes, plain and simple.

Edited by Geckofrog7
  • Like 1

Man, I think the devs never though to do that, I never seen such a good idea, sarcasm

The devs have to optmize a lot of things befores putting more zeds

Edited by lets4dead
  • Like 5

An efficient Zombie would be more of a threat than 10x of the current Zombies.

Exactly.

I know nothing about the progress and plans for the game. So I am just going to post my random opinion right here.

Dont get me wrong, most of the time, if I see you before you see me, your dead, and I'm grabbin your lootz. 

However, in the interest of making Dayz the best it can be, I think this is actually very simple. 

At present there are simply not enough zombies in the game to make it difficult to survive. This leads to some of the boredom that some players complain about, and it definitely contributes to the KOS mentality that allot complain about. 

For the amount of resources available to you, weapons, food and water, it is too easy to survive the environment. It is only other players that pose a threat, and thus the real challenge becomes PvP. 

If in fact it was really hard to get into a town, and survive the hoard to get the resources, then folks would have to band together to get the food and water they need to survive. 

Hence: More Zombies = Better game

Good luck with that theory. 

tweet today more zombies are coming

was just gonna post that.... I would highly suggest finding dean, and some of the other devs on twitter, there are a ton of tidbits you can find out before they make official posts about it.

he said btw 

"Big success today from our server profiling. Now have some big optimizations for server in development, more zombies!"

Edited by wolf-mind

inb4 people still KOS for the lulz.

People are ***holes, plain and simple.

It is so easy to be ***hole in online. It is not as easy in real life, at least if you don't want to get your ass kicked. That is the reason that I think this game is more hostile that it should be. Currently it feels like I should shoot any one with a gun on sight and maybe for less...(Have not shot anyone... yet!).

Don't add more zombies until the problem of zombies running through walls is addressed.  If you can't setup kill zones, or use cover to any actual benefit with zombies, it doesn't make sense to add them when they'll just run straight through walls.

• Like 1

they will put more zombies and hordes as well...just give it time, plus there are other ways to prevent KoS and encourage the players into a more co-op friendly survival horror expierence, like giving negative perks to killers or adding steam achievements to the game (friendly achievements, nothing of "kill 100 players" and shit)

Don't add more zombies until the problem of zombies running through walls is addressed.  If you can't setup kill zones, or use cover to any actual benefit with zombies, it doesn't make sense to add them when they'll just run straight through walls.

They also are addressing the pathing for zombies as well... might not be an end all solution, but they are in fact working on it... FYI

this.

1. its still pre-alfa

2. first they need to fix major bugs then add more "realistic" preformance (what people like)

3. you will have planty of servers to chose tipe of play what you like and want (medium, low, high - zombies, loot and other things) and 3PP off/on

4. if they add now more zombies the game would not be playablle

i make a post like this, it got locked for some reason...

some mod should really make pinned topics about popular "suggestions", since people fail to search for KoS and contribute to that thread.

Not that we need to fix KoS.