Sign in to follow this  
Sea-Bass

Terrible way to die.

So I was on my 3rd attempt at survival and was doing great. Made it to the far airfield to the NE. Looted a ton of stuff M4, ammo, Military helmet, backpack etc etc. Had to log out and was super happy with my progress. The two other times I was killed on sight, and I was stoked I had a way to defend myself now. Well when I logged back in I went to go down a ladder and unfortunately missed it somehow and fell to my death.  > :(  Moral of the story is...Watch your step!

Edited by Sea-Bass
  • Like 3

I was once killed fully kitted up by a toilet door! I closed it while it its way and was squashed...(back in the mod ages ago)

• Like 2

I try not to use ladders, or log out on top of buildings.

^   -  Specially not in FP view.

I was in a deer stand. Lagged two feet to my right then suddenly fell and broke my leg.  Crawled to the road, then i saw a group of guys running and shooting at a ton (5-6) of zombies.  the guys got to me and were nice enough to drop a magnum with one bullet for me (wish i could have used it on myself).  They then left telling me good luck.  The 3 zombies that were left would have been no problem for them but i guess it would have been pretty entertaining to watch a guy with one bullet and broken legs trying to get away and live. 

I died obviously but it was a great death.

• Like 2

i walked out of the atc (the part where it meets the grass, which is 1 to 2 steps) and broke my leg. i was pretty geared too. crawled to a zombie and he beat me to death. what a rude bitch!

• Like 2

I logged in the middle of a field north of Bashnya (NWAF) and coincidentally there was some player with a baseball bat who knocked me out the second I got in.

whenever I am fully geared I stay away from ladders :)

I wont go on a ladder even if I see a flyable fighter jet or RPG on the roof because I know what's gonna happen :)

• Like 2

When it comes to death, you need to kick its ass, seabass!

• Like 1

So I was on my 3rd attempt at survival and was doing great. Made it to the far airfield to the NE. Looted a ton of stuff M4, ammo, Military helmet, backpack etc etc. Had to log out and was super happy with my progress. The two other times I was killed on sight, and I was stoked I had a way to defend myself now. Well when I logged back in I went to go down a ladder and unfortunately missed it somehow and fell to my death.  > :(  Moral of the story is...Watch your step!

Exact same thing happened to me. Finally made it to the NW airfield, got a .45 pistol and some other gear; and I died by falling down a ladded on a deer stand. Ill never go up a ladder again.

I was in one of the barns with the entrance at both sides, went up the stairs to the top and crouched down while waiting for my friend to arrive. He got lost so I figured I'd go find him. Not thinking, I was in 3rd person and tried to go down the stairs. Bad choice. Missed the stairs fell about 5 feet to my death. Respawned and tried to get back to my body asap. My friend was in close proximity to it and was on his way to guard it while I ran. Then the server reset. afhaoukfhgkjflksdnflksanl;ksdfnksdmf I hate this game! but yeah I try and avoid ladders and am VERY careful on stairs now.

My...second death? I think? I was just starting to make progress, looting through Elektro I think, and was stupid enough to go sprinting about on the upper floor of an apartment building. Went right through the wall (out a window?) and came crashing down onto the street.

My fourth death I logged out on the upper floor of one of those only-upper-floor green houses...which I know is stupid as all hell. Logged back in the next day INSIDE the foundation. I couldn't get out, tried jumping from under the stairs, etc. Eventually a zombie found me and ran over (thank god for no clipping zombles, amirite?) but...apparently he decided he liked me? He'd run around pushing at me and sliding me around within my little invisible-wall-prison, but never actually attacked. Eventually I wedged into a corner and my zombie buddy huddled close, just staring, while I stood there for about four hours and waited to die of starvation. Just staring, his dead eyes and hanging jaw mocking my slow pain.

• Like 5

I was in a deer stand. Lagged two feet to my right then suddenly fell and broke my leg.  Crawled to the road, then i saw a group of guys running and shooting at a ton (5-6) of zombies.  the guys got to me and were nice enough to drop a magnum with one bullet for me (wish i could have used it on myself).  They then left telling me good luck.  The 3 zombies that were left would have been no problem for them but i guess it would have been pretty entertaining to watch a guy with one bullet and broken legs trying to get away and live. 

My...second death? I think? I was just starting to make progress, looting through Elektro I think, and was stupid enough to go sprinting about on the upper floor of an apartment building. Went right through the wall (out a window?) and came crashing down onto the street.

My fourth death I logged out on the upper floor of one of those only-upper-floor green houses...which I know is stupid as all hell. Logged back in the next day INSIDE the foundation. I couldn't get out, tried jumping from under the stairs, etc. Eventually a zombie found me and ran over (thank god for no clipping zombles, amirite?) but...apparently he decided he liked me? He'd run around pushing at me and sliding me around within my little invisible-wall-prison, but never actually attacked. Eventually I wedged into a corner and my zombie buddy huddled close, just staring, while I stood there for about four hours and waited to die of starvation. Just staring, his dead eyes and hanging jaw mocking my slow pain.

Your glitch posts are hilarious!  I've made a shoddy animation for you guys.  Enjoy!

• Like 11

Your glitch posts are hilarious!  I've made a shoddy animation for you guys.  Enjoy!

You deserve all the beans in Chernarus!

• Like 1

Got mine, perfect end to a perfect thread. Happy DayZ 

• Like 1

Got mine, perfect end to a perfect thread. Happy DayZ 

Thanks guys :)

The real thanks should go to the guys who posted the hilarious stories!

Edited by jimmijamjams

I was once killed fully kitted up by a toilet door! I closed it while it its way and was squashed...(back in the mod ages ago)

Looks like the game closed the door on ya.

I needed to say this. I had to.

You sir, are one of my many heroes....btw that was me.....

• Like 1

You sir, are one of my many heroes....btw that was me.....

You are a horrible and hilarious person!

Awesome video, spit some of my coffee up at work. Thanks for the laugh.  :thumbsup:  :beans:  :beans:  :lol:

Went back and watched them all and was in tears of friggen laughter on some of those. 

Edited by Sea-Bass
  • Like 1

Ehehehe that was perfect! TAKE MAH BEANS!

Awesome video, spit some of my coffee up at work. Thanks for the laugh.  :thumbsup:  :beans:  :beans:  :lol:

Went back and watched them all and was in tears of friggen laughter on some of those. 

Glad you guys liked it!  Thanks for sharing your tales!

Oh man in the mod, the big metal gates that swing open in towns were leg breakers! Defenders of the Wells.

And once my friend and I tried to go through a doorway at the same time...yea.