DirtyscumbagLith

Read first before you complain about other players

I want a Katana, Yes there should be Katana's tending that you can buy replica's online. So say you wonder into someone's house whom happened to have purchased one online before the world went to hell in a hand bag, Boom justification for adding one.

If anyone wants to cry about having that added in game, first cry about the American Colt Python being found in Russia first, then if you justify them purchasing the Colt Python also online before the world went to crap you are a hypocrite and get over it. It is a Game.

This was a Thread to Pimp the Katana right......... :P Trololololol

• Like 1

I don't care about people who KoS but I'd love to hear more about how you feel about server hopping OP, that was a better rant.  ;)

Yeah I'm still not letting you live that down. :P

This is just another pointless post by an arrogant KOS player that presumes to know exactly what would and wouldn't happen if a zombie apocalypse occurred. Try studying history. Human civilization has collapsed time and time again and humans have always rebuilt, albeit slowly. Not once did everyone immediately start randomly murdering each other.

If you choose to play like a cawadoody kiddie, that's your choice, but spare us the ridiculous rationalization.

the large New York blackout in the seventies led to massive looting and rioting. only one day without power in one of the most civilized cities of the western world ended with over a thousand shops vandalized and thousands of arrests

in the aftermath of the hurricane Katrina, chaos prevailed, from home owners scared of looters taking up arms against every stranger entering their neighborhood, over police officers switching sides and joining looters, to outright "KoS" murder in the instance of the Danziger Bridge shootings

in the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake, many areas turned lawless, with scavengers and looters fighting to the death over scraps, home and business owners lynching looters, and police shooting to kill. among the stories that made western media was the teenage girl shot dead for saving a few colourful paintings from a wrecked store, and the little kid nearly stoned to death by looters, miraculously saved by a CNN reporter who was covering the unrest..

during catastrophic events, the most extreme aspects of human nature surface. from extreme heroism to extreme vile. i have no doubt that what we witness on the game servers is not too far away from reality. and thats probably the appeal of this game, which rocket - not without reason - refers to as social experiment

The examples you provided were a tiny percentage of the individuals involved. They make good media stories though. 

Edit: Your examples also fail to mention that people organized themselves. They didn't sit on a hill with a sniper rifle shooting everyone that passed by.

Edited by worst2first

This is just another pointless post by an arrogant KOS player that presumes to know exactly what would and wouldn't happen if a zombie apocalypse occurred. Try studying history. Human civilization has collapsed time and time again and humans have always rebuilt, albeit slowly. Not once did everyone immediately start randomly murdering each other.

If you choose to play like a cawadoody kiddie, that's your choice, but spare us the ridiculous rationalization. 

Cry-Baby-screencaps-johnny-depp-5494857-

I will respectfully disagree with you there bud. I'm currently playing as a helpful guy but yesterday I shot at least 7 people in Cherno and Balota. I think this game is more about player interaction - not player vs. player. Obviously we do need some bandits but I hardly EVER meet a friendly - I've never met a geared friendly player.

There's a difference between this game and COD...

Of course there is a difference. But PvP -IS- player interaction. On some days I play as a bandit. On some days I like to help bambis. It all depends on how I feel. 

I'm just arguing the whole "Looking down my nose at you" attitude of banditry and KoSing in this game. It's just kids whining about how they died and want the game to be in easy mode. I'm sorry but there's no "Code of Conduct" in this game that I or anyone else has to abide by. Everyone can play however they want and do whatever they want to me or anyone else whenever they want. This game at its core is often kill or be killed, trust no one or trust everyone, eat or be eaten. That's what makes this game great, and no one is going to convince me this game will be any better without bandits.

But I do acknowledge, however, there are two sides to that coin. It can't be a game of simply KoSing and deathmatching, because you're correct, that is not really as fun or dynamic as what the game is intended to be. There has to be two sides to the argument, and maybe sometimes a neutral party. 

KoSing is as essential to the mechanics and interwoven themes and nuances of this game as is the "Hero" aspect. 

Both serve their purpose

Edit:

The examples you provided were a tiny percentage of the individuals involved. They make good media stories though. 

Edit: Your examples also fail to mention that people organized themselves. They didn't sit on a hill with a sniper rifle shooting everyone that passed by.

yeah but I think that things got organized because it kind of wasn't an "end of the world" or "Human race is in peril" kind of situations.

I think it's safe to say that E47's data is pretty spot on with what we think would happen.

Edited by DeatHTaX
  • Like 1

Shooting an unnarmed player that says "friendly" to you don't make you an asshole, just makes you a Coward to do so, I never waste a bullet on unnarmed people, unless they have a knife or axe and try to approach without sign of communication (wich I allways offer to contribute by talking to people) all you writed here is true, but only because zombies are non existent now, when they turn into real problem for human players in the game and start eating your ass up, you'll think twice before killing people on sight.

I would say you are wrong.

in fact using the word friendly could be described as an act of cowardice, or an attempt to dupe someone into lowering their guard.

the word friendly is not a magic incantation that renders the user of the word immune to slaughter, in fact I often kill players BECAUSE they use this cowardly and unoriginal word instead of exercising a little imagination and thinking about the words they choose to use. 'Friendly friendly, don't shoot I'm friendly' just don't cut it I'm afraid to say.

Stupidity and lack of imagination and courage are all punishable by death in the post apocalyptic landscape as far as I see it.

• Like 2

I want a Katana, Yes there should be Katana's tending that you can buy replica's online. So say you wonder into someone's house whom happened to have purchased one online before the world went to hell in a hand bag, Boom justification for adding one.

If anyone wants to cry about having that added in game, first cry about the American Colt Python being found in Russia first, then if you justify them purchasing the Colt Python also online before the world went to crap you are a hypocrite and get over it. It is a Game.

This was a Thread to Pimp the Katana right......... :P Trololololol

Try using one of those replica katanas , Ill be the one in the tree line, laughing my ass of as it bends against the zombies neck just before the zombie makes lunch out of you. The game dead island had a believable justification for katanas, the game took place on an island that had old ww2 Japanese bunkers, so the Japanese swords you found were those that remained on the island after the Japanese were expelled.

ive had a person yell "friendly, friendly" as I rolled up. He had an axe in his hand and a guy at his feet. The guy laying there had an m4. I asked him what went on and he said a zombie got him. This story didnt made a bit of sense, so I blasted him. If your story doesnt pan out, down you go.

Thats an extreme example, but Ive shot people who claimed they were friendly but either acted suspiciously, or I felt like they were trying to lure me somewhere. I trust my instincts. When i feel threatened from stories that dont make sense, I start shooting. This isnt cowardly. Its trusting my instincts. And its kept me alive. The whole pt of me playing is to keep ME alive- not you.

And besides, I dont owe that player anything. He's not a friend. He's not someone I know. I owe him jack.

Try using one of those replica katanas , Ill be the one in the tree line, laughing my ass of as it bends against the zombies neck just before the zombie makes lunch out of you. The game dead island had a believable justification for katanas, the game took place on an island that had old ww2 Japanese bunkers, so the Japanese swords you found were those that remained on the island after the Japanese were expelled.

I'm sure that even a "fake" katana is capable of slicing off the head of a body with necrotic flesh 

Hopefully there will be less kos wen base building and stuff is in

ha ha ...you keep thinking that.

I would make it a point to camp your base and kill you to take your stuff.

Crybaby Pic

Who's crying? Adults use words to rationally construct arguments. Now go sit in the time out chair and think about what you've done. When you can use big boy words you can rejoin the adult conversation.

Edited by worst2first

Who's crying? Adults use words to rationally construct arguments. Now go sit in the time out chair and think about what you've done. When you can use big boy words you can rejoin the adult conversation.

You're just being silly.

I thought GrimeyRick's post said it all when he prefaced it with "friendlyfire". But why should I bother saying anything- you're always going to have a certain amount of players who think people want to play a zombie survival game where we all get along and do a hands-across-Cherno, feeding each other beans and bananas. We would run together and kill zombies and open doors for each other.

I read a post about 3 weeks ago about a guy up in Guba- who wrote this boring story about how he enjoyed the sights and sounds of the coast and ate his beans on the beach. To him, that was having a fun time playing. Thats cool- he can do that.

But the majority of players- do not want to immerse themselves into a game like that. Most want to kill. The m4 was designed to kill people, not for back support.

And your history example was perfectly absurd. But Im sure you probably already know that deep down.

• Like 1

Hopefully there will be less kos wen base building and stuff is in

Yeah....right. That's like saying castles being built for protection during the dark ages helped stop the invention of the atomic bomb.

BBBBZZZZZZZT !

Incorrect. Thank you for playing anyway.

No, it just lead to the invention of gun powder. And the invention of gun powder, lead to the invention of the atomic bomb.

Edited by zaphodity

Why not use your m4 to kill the hoards of undead?... Oh wait there are none and axe is op... And in the walking dead the zombies are big threat, bigger than people and did you ever see anyone shooting on site in the walking dead? (Main character wise) and to compare that HUGE mob of undead when they were going to the veterinarian college to a small group of people is stupid, therefore i find it weird that not once you mentioned zombies. Hopefully there will be less kos wen base building and stuff is in

Uhm, excuse me, but the guy with the Governor as his avatar speaking against player killing is kinda the apogee of hipocricy... Or have you not watched the show? And "main character wise", what? What about the rest of the characters in the series?

• Like 1

Its funny listening to bandits trying to justify there actions

It's funny listening to "heros" trying to justify their actions. 

• Like 2

It's funny listening to "heros" trying to justify their actions. 

Edit: Your examples also fail to mention that people organized themselves. They didn't sit on a hill with a sniper rifle shooting everyone that passed by.

but people in DayZ organise themselves too.

Have you failed to  notice my signature?

The changes Doc Wasteland and the trusted medics brought to the DayZ metagame have gained worldwide attention among gaming outlets. TMW, RRF and freelance whitelisted medics provide care and attention to anyone within shortest time. We probably have a better health care than the US.

We have trading groups like the FTC organizing barter - they have a hard time at the moment, as loot diversity is low and most items are in abundant supply, but they are here

We even have a bookclub sharing and swapping literature - oh how i cherish that not all of culture has been lost!

I think the DayZ community does a pretty good job in organizing a barebones society amidst the mayhem

Edited by e47
  • Like 3

but people in DayZ organise themselves too.

Have you failed to notice my signature?

The changes Doc Wasteland and the trusted medics brought to the DayZ metagame have gained worldwide attention among gaming outlets. TMW, RRF and freelance whitelisted medics provide care and attention to anyone within shortest time. We probably have a better health care than the US.

We have trading groups like the FTC organizing barter - they have a hard time at the moment, as loot diversity is low and most items are in abundant supply, but they are here

We even have a bookclub sharing and swapping literature - oh how i cherish that not all of culture has been lost!

I think the DayZ community does a pretty good job in organizing a barebones society amidst the mayhem

Well said :D

the large New York blackout in the seventies led to massive looting and rioting. only one day without power in one of the most civilized cities of the western world ended with over a thousand shops vandalized and thousands of arrests

in the aftermath of the hurricane Katrina, chaos prevailed, from home owners scared of looters taking up arms against every stranger entering their neighborhood, over police officers switching sides and joining looters, to outright "KoS" murder in the instance of the Danziger Bridge shootings

in the aftermath of the Haiti earthquake, many areas turned lawless, with scavengers and looters fighting to the death over scraps, home and business owners lynching looters, and police shooting to kill. among the stories that made western media was the teenage girl shot dead for saving a few colourful paintings from a wrecked store, and the little kid nearly stoned to death by looters, miraculously saved by a CNN reporter who was covering the unrest..

during catastrophic events, the most extreme aspects of human nature surface. from extreme heroism to extreme vile. i have no doubt that what we witness on the game servers is not too far away from reality. and thats probably the appeal of this game, which rocket - not without reason - refers to as social experiment

Ok let me say Dayz is a game and as such if KOS is how you wish to play then by all means go for it you add tension to the game lol zeds are never as big a threat as a crazed moron with a gun ....

But lets talk about your post hmm New York one of the most civilised cities in the world yeah right a city that had been built on a history of violence a history of racial religous violence a city that at times has required massive military action ( granted in its early days) a city that has a huge murder rate a city that has a huge crime rate.

Now lets look at say some cities that are not as well wealthy shall ill use perth western australia does it have murder yes does it have crime oh hell yes but a drop in the ocean compared to one of the most civilised cities in the world New York LOL.

A few years ago we had a storm that knocked the power out for 5 days strange we didnt have rioting in the street hmm what did we have oh thats right we had neighbours helping neighbours cleaning giving shelter to the ones who lost there house. We had people from other states coming across to help there fellow countrymen in there time of need ( not rob or kill them ).

Is Australias military as strong as a americas not not even close its strange our goverment seems more intent on spending its money on Medicare so everyone has the ability to get life saving or just life improving medical treatment regardless of there finiancial situation. We dont recognize ourselves as the police of the world going into countries ( rightly or wrongly ) telling them how they should play in there own country saying its to protect the world when its really to protect your oil interests.....

If your going to call your selves civilised maybe you should look at other places first and hold yourselves to higher standard ( ps i was sent to iraq in the early 90s as australia does have an agreement of military aid) and many of the american troops i met were good people i also met alot of guys who were just itching to kill some rag heads as they so civilisedly pointed out ( yes i know thats not a real word you get the point.)

• Like 1

xyji.jpg

• Like 1

I own a han wei practical pro plus katana, 47" long, do some research on it before you spout shit and also watch the Myth busters episode that tested it. I could slice through 3 people and wouldn't break a sweat.

The m4 was not designed for a zombie apocalypse, can we end this thread now im sick of talking to twelvies

hope the game improves so pvp is just one of the many things to do....most post apocalypti stories have a group of people working towards something whether its rebuilding or making a new society there is alwyas more than just sensless killing. I hope optional objectives are given all around the map eventually so there is actually stuff to do.

Your thread is as bad as the posts you are complaining about Lol .