infiltrator

I can't see how 3rd person is helping this game..

Yeah, i usually play hardcore by myself so im not disadvantaged and that a

Way its easier to sneak up on snipers, on dayz i play with mates i play public

Small world, isn't it, friend? Glad to see you playing the SA, I myself have exclusively been playing 1PP servers for a past couple weeks now and it is fantastic all the way around. I enjoyed 3PP to be able to get a good look of my character from somewhere other than just the inventory screen or main menu. The 1PP servers almost feel like more of a challenge, yeah but its welcome, it adds to the excitement.

• Like 1

I like 3PP the way it is, personally. It's been that way in the mod. Everyone uses it to their advantage in one way or another. If you do play on a 3PP server and don't take advantage of it, that's just blatantly silly. 

I personally now play on 1PP, but have no problem with 3PP. It's just different. Everyone is still on the same playing field, whether you're the one peeking around the corner, or someone else is.

They don't call the 1PP servers 'hardcore' for no reason. I would associate 3PP servers with a more 'softcore' approach (newer players)

Edited by Gekkonidae

As much as I dislike the advantages 3pp gives, I dislike the disadvantages of 1pp.

You are kneeling in front of a window it seems impossible to lift your ass some centimeters and take look over that thing.

You are in front of a wood wall, that clearly has some see-through slits and stuff, but you can't get close enough to actually see through (if you've ever tried this in real life, you'll know how much you can see through a knothole in a wooden wall).

Currently neither perspective is perfect and both lack "realism". Choose the playstyle and its according hive and leave other people playing their style.

Small world, isn't it, friend? Glad to see you playing the SA, I myself have exclusively been playing 1PP servers for a past couple weeks now and it is fantastic all the way around. I enjoyed 3PP to be able to get a good look of my character from somewhere other than just the inventory screen or main menu. The 1PP servers almost feel like more of a challenge, yeah but its welcome, it adds to the excitement.

Haha and you're still using the sig I made :P

Small world indeed :) I agree that 1PP are more challenging but more importantly less cheesy imho :)

Every fight I get into, people are using 3rd person to their advantage. I know because I can see the tip of their head as they scroll past a wall looking STRAIGHT at me behind it. This is just ridiculous, people entering a building standing on the edge of the door and scoping for threats.. just ridiculous. Maybe 3rd person should remain but it should be limited to the point where you can't abuse it if thats even possible.

realistic FOV and LAG

I can't see how people complaning thread after thread will help anything?

Play on a first person only server....PROBLEM SOLVED. It baffles me that people complain about this when there's plenty of first person only servers, that are FULL.

Every fight I get into, people are using 3rd person to their advantage. I know because I can see the tip of their head as they scroll past a wall looking STRAIGHT at me behind it. This is just ridiculous, people entering a building standing on the edge of the door and scoping for threats.. just ridiculous. Maybe 3rd person should remain but it should be limited to the point where you can't abuse it if thats even possible.

Why in the world would you play on a 3rd person server yourself... If you are complaining about 3rd person? 1st person only servers exist for this very reason, meaning, this argument is as invalid as Justin Bieber's attempts to be American. 

There was something about Arma 3 2017's 3PP Fix. Basically, how it worked wasn't disabling 3PP.

So, you can still use 3PP, BUT , you can ONLY see players IF your head is AROUND the corner. You can still look over walls, but any players/zombies are invisible untill your eyes can actually see them. It was pretty neat in the video, but i can't seem to find it. Dev blog #1, i believe.

That seems like the best fix to me. 1PP Is fucked because your eyes are atleast 6in outside your face, and you have no FOV. I constantly find myself running into walls, and short fences i don't see. 

If they do add this, they need an animation for peeking over/around a fence, window, door, or rooftop.

If you don't like 3rd person then just play on hardcore servers? It's that easy, believe it or not.

• Like 2

If you are going to complain about third person servers, don't play on them. They give you an option so you literally have no reason to complain.

I'm amazed about the lack of 1st person (Hardcore) servers. They're less than 10% of the servers, which for a game based on realism is incredible. I guess this is due to the playerbase demand for 3rd person as I can always find a hardcore server to join. Surely people feel more immersed 1st person, is it all about making pvp easier for you?

Removing 3pp will make the 3pp players mad. Removing 1pp will make the 1pp players mad.

There are so many players and everyone uas his/her favorite way of camera view. For a company like BI its hard to please everyone.

Just join 1pp hardcore servers and you will be fine.

It's not even about PvP... i don't like it really, but even if i'm up in the north all alone i love 3PP because it just looks way better than playing in first person. It's juist like the fact, that i would never turn down my graphics just to see other players hiding. i wouldn't do this because i really enjoy the look of the Standalone and the best way to enjoy it is third person. If they would disable it, i might quit this game... if they had disabled 3PP in e.g. World of Warcraft i might have quit that too, so thats no "DayZ problem", but just the fact that i really like 3PP...

If you don't want it, please play on a 1PP Hardcore server, but don't try to destroy other peoples dayz experience.

Edited by generelleasy

Play hardcore and stop QQing

Note:  The only difference between regular and hardcore is no 3rd person

Edited by fidelacchius

I was expecting people to not only read the title and hit reply. But then again, I was also expecting the in-game veterans not to make moronic mistakes when trying to deal with someone new to the game. I guess the correlation between the two makes perfect sense.

I play on hardcore, but I really think DayZ could benefit from the stance adjust system that is in Arma 3, as it allows for much more fluid movement and effective cover etc.

If you're in a 3PP:ON and in a PvP scenario.. and they are "using it to their advantage" why not do the same?

OR..

Play on 3PP:OFF

It is that simple, no?

But that then takes all the whine out of his post. Balderdash!

People have to have something to complain about.