PhillyT

Sick of the M4.

Keep in mind, theres a high liklihood that DayZ is in some way related to the Arma game of which it was designed from, therefore western weapons do actually have a place in game. Overall though, I feel having a gun should be a luxury and be rather hard/rare to aquire. Or at least ammo. What really needs to be done is simply make Cmags and STANAGs spawn empty... ammo is too common especially for the M4 so if players rarely had more than 20-40 rounds for a gun most people assume to only be full auto, they might pick something else.

Man i treat every gun i find as a luxury no matter how common they are atm. As soon as they add in enough gun types im certain there going to be a pain to find.

The only way to go when you're tired of the m4

185px-FO3_Fat_Man.jpg

• Like 2

The only way to go when you're tired of the m4

185px-FO3_Fat_Man.jpg

I love fallout 3 with a passion XD

But than you would have to get rid of the American flag clothing and stuff to.

Oh no! No more 'murica! No more freedom! No more democracy!

We can't allow that. :P

Edited by Weparo

I want to see a SVT40 :beans: (ok we have the SKS in game... that seems to be the same)

300px-SVT-40_-_Ryssland_-_AM.032865.jpg

also a DP machine gun will be great

300px-Machine_gun_DP_MON.jpg

and last... PPS

300px-PPS.jpg

Edited by TiMEDANCE
  • Like 1

So I am just tired of the M4.  IT is a fine gun, especially since it is the only one that is good at everything (but not really great).  I think it is just boring.

I have taken to using the Mosin (despite not being a fantastic shot) and the sawed off shotgun.  I have had great luck with the shotguns and really like the fact that they are pure death inside of 50 yards.  I also lug my .357 because there are hundreds of rounds pretty much everywhere you could care to look!

Anyone else finding themselves looking for an alternative setup?  I am looking forward to the SKS just for the change of pace!

Please show me a video how the sawn-off shotgun is deadly within 50 yards because I find that very hard to believe. I have shot 2 guys in the chest from 3 meters (one shell each) and they didn't even pass out.

M4 is inaccurate as shit at the moment (Doesn't even let you change it to semi-auto), I've only kept it twice on my characters. The rest of them had a Mosin.

Press 'T' to switch fire mode. Works fine for me.

I'd like to see the 30.06 remington bolt hunting rifle or even a 30.30 leaver action  the m4 is ok just has more attachements atm so being paitent you can set it up like ya want .more pistoles like a 38 or 25 even lil 22mag derringers lol

Leg holsters would be awesome.  Just sayin.

They exist.  Great place for your side arm if you have the combat vest.

Please show me a video how the sawn-off shotgun is deadly within 50 yards because I find that very hard to believe. I have shot 2 guys in the chest from 3 meters (one shell each) and they didn't even pass out.

Just keep using it.  It isn't super consistent.  First time I used it I shot a zombie at Green Mountain from 10 feet and she rained blood out of 5 spots but kept coming.  I ditched it and swore off it.

Now I really enjoy it.  I used one because I had no choice as a new spawn and found it very effective from 0 - 25 yards, though admittedly, out to 50 it might require a reload.  But honestly, the shotguns are the kind of gun you jump out of cover with, dump both rounds, and jump back in.  I burnt off 28 rounds in Zeleno the day before yesterday in a nutty street battle against three players.  I only killed two and had to use my .357 on the third.  But Zeleno is perfect for the shotgun in the area around the jail since you can jump back behind all those buildings etc. without much effort.

Just keep using it.  It isn't super consistent.  First time I used it I shot a zombie at Green Mountain from 10 feet and she rained blood out of 5 spots but kept coming.  I ditched it and swore off it.

Now I really enjoy it.  I used one because I had no choice as a new spawn and found it very effective from 0 - 25 yards, though admittedly, out to 50 it might require a reload.  But honestly, the shotguns are the kind of gun you jump out of cover with, dump both rounds, and jump back in.  I burnt off 28 rounds in Zeleno the day before yesterday in a nutty street battle against three players.  I only killed two and had to use my .357 on the third.  But Zeleno is perfect for the shotgun in the area around the jail since you can jump back behind all those buildings etc. without much effort.

Oh you are talking about zombies. I am talking about shooting players. Big difference.

I want a old metal BB gun. lol *Remembers the good O'l days* ^-^

I want a 'spud gun' and then add potatoes as a loot object!  Instant win.. even if it is not in a fire fight!

spud1.jpg

On regular I'm packing the M4 with acog and mp atttachments. I ain't dropping that unless dead for nothing. On hardcore however... I got sawn off and mosin, might get the SKS.

i really look forward to a shift from military weapons to makeshift weapons.

i would love to relive my youth days with a slingshot :D

BeEtfyk.jpg

i want THIS "slingshot" in DayZ 3:]

Edited by irishroy

This is all going way too slow. I mean, takes them two months to add one stupid gun to game....It's very clear that devs are understaffed...too bad

Oh you are talking about zombies. I am talking about shooting players. Big difference.

No I was referring to players.  I don't shoot zombies unless it is for fun or I am about to drop the ammo.

Run 20+ shots through the sawed off, it will kill pretty much anyone with two barrels at 10m, most people out to 25m, and can at times kill at 50m with both barrels.  I often reload to finish at that range, but it is a great weapon for a bag gun.

It's a Sawn off not a sawed off you Slags..... The staple of every British Bank Robber of the 60's and 70's.

Just tried out the sawn off - crazy weapon. Was tailed by 4-5 Z's, (rounded a few up to test the gun), running around with x2 cartridge speed loaders lol, 1) fire gun, 2) take out spent loader, 3) replace with new loader, 4) fill up old loader, 5) fire gun.

Got there in the end but anyone watching would have laughed hard.

Also It takes up way too much space in it's present form. Remember this "shoota" was often carried inside jackets in the movies. If we are going to have sawn off shot guns then we need a decent faux suede car coat to go with it like this gentleman.

600px-Lock-stock-sawn-3.jpg

If not maybe a Mad Max Style Holster, craftable?

So is the SKS and AK out yet? Not found either.

A better way would be to start off with regular ammo, then pressing "R" when the reload icon appears after your first two shots are spent. Not a clumsy system at all; it's just not an optimal firearm.

This is all going way too slow. I mean, takes them two months to add one stupid gun to game....It's very clear that devs are understaffed...too bad

Hi.

Not trying to flame or anything, but I'm pretty sure they have added two "stupid gun"s to the game :blush:  Besides, do you really think adding more guns is the devs top priority?

Regards.

Hi.

Not trying to flame or anything, but I'm pretty sure they have added two "stupid gun"s to the game :blush:  Besides, do you really think adding more guns is the devs top priority?

Regards.

Ammo for both shotguns and magnums was already there so I reckon they had models already developed. I'm sure they have a lot of priorities but not enough people to work on them. I really hope this changes in the future coz the game has a potential to  become the best open world zombie game.

Edited by Highlander007

Yep, I hear you. Looks like its going to take a lot of time though. Maybe we will get beta status in 10 months :blush:

Regards.

It's a Sawn off not a sawed off you Slags..... The staple of every British Bank Robber of the 60's and 70's.

Not according to NWA it isn't. 

You gonna correct them?

I grab my sawed off bodies get hawled off. . . you slag. 

EDIT: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sawed-off_shotgun

Edited by Dr. Goner

Its not an M4. Its an M4A1 which is a completely different model sub type. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine. It pretty much says the army is choosing the M4A1 for its multipurpose functionality and crap over the M4 carbine.

You want the M16 instead? I could see it maybe or maybe another AR type? I prefer Sig Sauer ARs myself.

Also apparently if Rocket wanted to they could make a grenade attachment for the M4A1 as well or at least on the M4 you can.

Can you say noob tube? Sounds like Call of Duty with the grenade shit..