PhillyT

Sick of the M4.

So I am just tired of the M4.  IT is a fine gun, especially since it is the only one that is good at everything (but not really great).  I think it is just boring.

I have taken to using the Mosin (despite not being a fantastic shot) and the sawed off shotgun.  I have had great luck with the shotguns and really like the fact that they are pure death inside of 50 yards.  I also lug my .357 because there are hundreds of rounds pretty much everywhere you could care to look!

Anyone else finding themselves looking for an alternative setup?  I am looking forward to the SKS just for the change of pace!

So I am just tired of the M4.  IT is a fine gun, especially since it is the only one that is good at everything (but not really great).  I think it is just boring.

I have taken to using the Mosin (despite not being a fantastic shot) and the sawed off shotgun.  I have had great luck with the shotguns and really like the fact that they are pure death inside of 50 yards.  I also lug my .357 because there are hundreds of rounds pretty much everywhere you could care to look!

Anyone else finding themselves looking for an alternative setup?  I am looking forward to the SKS just for the change of pace!

I agree with the shotgun and magnum. for pure stopping power. But I don't like carrying the mosin, when the game matures and we have a solid amount of guns to choose from  those types of rifles will be a death sentence I think. might as well get good with the M4, im sure the sure that you can silence it will come in handy in the future.

Edited by Obscura

Urgh, you know what a lot of people will answer, right?

Anyways, I'm all for removing millitary weapons (especially western ones)

• Like 7

i really look forward to a shift from military weapons to makeshift weapons.

i would love to relive my youth days with a slingshot :D

BeEtfyk.jpg

• Like 2

More civilian weapons :p I get sick of people carrying around military gear all the time.

• Like 3

I don't have a real problem with the military weapons, I just think they should be more rare.  It is easy to get an M4 right now, but maybe when we have the restrictions on server hopping, things will be different.

I would like to see more civilian weapons.  Some lower powered cheap revolver maybe.  I do think we have a few of the common weapons covered (a hunting style rifle, basic shotgun, semi-automatic mid level rifle) but it would be nice to see more regionally correct weapons appear (like AK of various sorts).  Military gear is fine since there are plenty of military bases, it is just too common and too easy a choice right now.

• Like 1

Issues with military issued weapons is that they don't degrade, never misfire, and there's plenty of them.

Quantity is not a big issue, but quality sure is. Everyone carries out of the factory stuff...

I rather carry the shot + magnum for my characters, doc holliday style. Too many M4 hipsters.

Edited by Hethwill_Khan
  • Like 4

SKS will drop soon, AK47 shortly after i guess.

Then we already have:

2 mid to long ranged weapons (Mosin and SKS)

2 Assault Rifles (M4 and AK47)

2 Sidearms (FNX45 Pistol and .357 Magnum Revolver)

1 Shotgun (nromal and sawed off)

selfmade grenades will come soon, bows will come soon, more selfmade weapons, more melee weapons.

I think the weapon variety will be greatly improved in about 2 or 3 months.

I want a old metal BB gun. lol *Remembers the good O'l days* ^-^

• Like 1

yeah maybe the dev can start to give priority for weapon made in Russia. Since this apocalypse happen there right. Hope they will use below reference to mod some realistic weapons to be loot in the area. Right from the small pistols to heavy guns.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Russian_weaponry

Edited by mareak
  • Like 2

I like the M4 the most but i am going to drop it for the SKS!

same here

M4 is inaccurate as shit at the moment (Doesn't even let you change it to semi-auto), I've only kept it twice on my characters. The rest of them had a Mosin.

Edited by Sutinen

It's funny, how many times have I died to the M4? None. At all. I've been hit many times, but an actual death from that inaccurate piece of metal? None. The Mosin on the other hand, lets not go there.

I want to see a lot of lower caliber weapons so you actually have to place your shots with accuracy :)

It's funny, how many times have I died to the M4? None. At all. I've been hit many times, but an actual death from that inaccurate piece of metal? None. The Mosin on the other hand, lets not go there.

I have killed plenty of people with the M4, more than with any other weapon (shot guns are close though)  Now I am no bandit, and my total kills are less than 50 on about 100 hours, but the M4 is a great weapon at around 100 yards.  IF you are the sort to kill more beyond that then yeah, you will not like it as much.  With a bipod, laying down, using an ACOG, it is fine out to 200 yards and sometimes 300 yards.  Either way, at 50 - 100 yards, you can mag dump anyone down if you chose.  The addition of the shotgun does take a little bit away from the gun though.

• Like 1

M4 is inaccurate as shit at the moment (Doesn't even let you change it to semi-auto), I've only kept it twice on my characters. The rest of them had a Mosin.

Except you CAN change the fire mode, it's T by default, it doesn't say anything or indicate that you've changed it, but it does work, I do it all the time. Add a MP stock and maybe a hand guard, it becomes pretty nice. I actually started using M4's over Mosin's once I found you could change it to semi, helps a lot.

It's a Sawn off not a sawed off you Slags..... The staple of every British Bank Robber of the 60's and 70's.

Just tried out the sawn off - crazy weapon. Was tailed by 4-5 Z's, (rounded a few up to test the gun), running around with x2 cartridge speed loaders lol, 1) fire gun, 2)  take out spent loader, 3) replace with new loader, 4) fill up old loader, 5) fire gun.

Got there in the end but anyone watching would have laughed hard.

Also It takes up way too much space in it's present form. Remember this "shoota" was often carried inside jackets in the movies. If we are going to have sawn off shot guns then we need a decent faux suede car coat to go with it like this gentleman.

600px-Lock-stock-sawn-3.jpg

If not maybe a Mad Max Style Holster, craftable?

So is the SKS and AK out yet? Not found either.

Its not an M4. Its an M4A1 which is a completely different model sub type. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M4_carbine. It pretty much says the army is choosing the M4A1 for its multipurpose functionality and crap over the M4 carbine.

You want the M16 instead? I could see it maybe or maybe another AR type? I prefer Sig Sauer ARs myself.

Also apparently if Rocket wanted to they could make a grenade attachment for the M4A1 as well or at least on the M4 you can.

Edited by Deathlove

I actually wanna switch to the SKS and replace my M4. Set up would probably be the PU scope and the bayonet, though, I would keep it unfolded just so it doesn't stick out like the bayonet on the Mosin.

I'm still waiting for the implementation of the AK-47 and its upgraded variants (AK-74, AKM, etc.).

Edited by AntonioAJC

Urgh, you know what a lot of people will answer, right?

Anyways, I'm all for removing millitary weapons (especially western ones)

But than you would have to get rid of the American flag clothing and stuff to.

I actually wanna switch to the SKS and replace my M4. Set up would probably be the PU scope and the bayonet, though, I would keep it unfolded just so it doesn't stick out like the bayonet on the Mosin.

I'm still waiting for the implementation of the AK-47 and its upgraded variants (AK-74, AKM, etc.).

Idk if thats a good idea to just get rid of your M4A1. Once that silence starts working allot of ppl are going to be QQing.

Keep in mind, theres a high liklihood that DayZ is in some way related to the Arma game of which it was designed from, therefore western weapons do actually have a place in game. Overall though, I feel having a gun should be a luxury and be rather hard/rare to aquire. Or at least ammo. What really needs to be done is simply make Cmags and STANAGs spawn empty... ammo is too common especially for the M4 so if players rarely had more than 20-40 rounds for a gun most people assume to only be full auto, they might pick something else.

Idk if thats a good idea to just get rid of your M4A1. Once that silence starts working allot of ppl are going to be QQing.

The silencer works... Always has. Read up on them though. Theres a reason that in Arma 2 you needed the STANAG SD mags to actually fire a silenced weapon. Not quite realistic to restrict them, they just need to add the subsonic SD ammo that a silenced weapon requires. It would have different velocity and dmg stats but its just how these things work...