Sign in to follow this  
brumey

so i had a blast so far but this is killing my fun

so my friends and me were camping the Woods of solichniy! looking for Bambis to help and baddies to kill!

when suddenly a Bambi is running on the street! 30meters away from us! then i he saw us and stood there watching us. just stands still for a while on the street! then next Moment he starts punching in the air on the street!  the next Moment we all are getting unconcious! DUDE WAS MILES AWAY AND PUNCHED ALL OF US UNCONSCIOUS!

we decided to head to elektro to catch our buddy cuz only 2 of our Group of 3 survived this!

on our way to elektro we came through kamy where we again met a Bambi. we decided to talk to him and he suddenly starts running circles like mad! dissappearing through walls. appearing again through a wall. after a while he just stops running around and stands there on the street just punching in the air . the next Thing that happened.    YOU ARE UNCONSCIOUS!

we all lost our 4 week old toons to this billshut!

can anyone explain!

its not that we didnt try to kill him while he running circles but our guns just didnt hurt him!

maybe this why lots of People kos ! ?!? 

edit:

NEW TO THE FORUMS!

HI ALL

Edited by brumey
  • Like 2

Read the disclaimer.

You are for some reason not expecting to die? You shouldnt get to attached to any one character, it will only hurt you in the long run.

It also sounds like you were killed by lag. You should never allow another player to get within 20 feet of you or you risk getting punched to death.

Desync killed you! Unfortunately it happens sometimes...it will get better in time.

But as stated before, don't get attached to a character, or the next wipe might piss you off :)

really dont wanted to sound that i am too attached to my character. i know that this is dayz (where death is around every Corner) and ALPHA (bugs glitches ... ).

so u say these dudes had like a big bad ping and thus why we couldnt see him as he started running ? its ok... i wont let any Players come too near to me from now on.

i also went to airfield immedietely and got fully geared in like 40 minutes! killed 2 Server-hopper there!

• Like 1

How do you identify a server hopper ?

i just heard them logging in!   i mostly stay on the Servers i Play!

Sounds like desync,it's really problematic in standalone as far as i know.

When playing with couple friends we have noticed one of us might suddendly disappear and when asking "where did you go?" he is actually standing right beside us,we just don't see him until couple minutes later. Sometimes one of us appears 100m further running somewhere when he actually is next to us. Not too long time ago i went to an empty warehouse in berezino,ran straight to other door to go out and suddendly player pops behind me and shoots in the back.

I bet this is where most hack accusations originate from aswell.

• Like 1

Logging in = server hopper ?

logging in ON THE AIRFIELD!    i hate These Kind of People! greedy as fck!

why would someone log out and back in at the airfield! ist so dangerous there! the only reason i can see is that those People want the loot!

• Like 2

I am only running around with the Colt Python, I have been throwing away all other weapons. I am enjoying it. I have died, and my version of gear is easy to obtain again up the western side of the map and in all fire stations.

Relax, make your own fun, go for a wonder/explore. I have been to every single city now and loved the view and cannot wait for the northern buildings to be added as that is pretty cool up there.

Don't attach to your character emotionally and enjoy the adventure.

Edited by deus_drone
  • Like 2

logging in ON THE AIRFIELD!    i hate These Kind of People! greedy as fck!

why would someone log out and back in at the airfield! ist so dangerous there! the only reason i can see is that those People want the loot!

Is it unreasonable to suggest they may have had connection issues ?

then why Server hop back on a Server that is nearly full?

I am only running around with the Colt Python, I have been throwing away all other weapons. I am enjoying it. I have died, and my version of gear is easy to obtain again up the western side of the map and in all fire stations.

Relax, make your own fun, go for a wonder/explore. I have been to every single city now and loved the view and cannot wait for the northern buildings to be added as that is pretty cool up there.

Don't attach to your character emotionally and enjoy the adventure.

it was fun. starting as a fresh spawn (get also more fps as a Bambi).

GOD I LOVE THIS GAME!       sometimes i just stand there and gaze at the sky! i start playing at 4:20 erryday!

Edited by brumey
  • Like 1

Doesn't matter who he kills or why, it's dayz "your story" he can even go kill bambi's if he want's, there is no wrong way to play 

• Like 1

Doesn't matter who he kills or why, it's dayz "your story" he can even go kill bambi's if he want's, there is no wrong way to play 

I agree, but to claim "Server hopper" with no real proof is kind of short sighted.

I agree, but to claim "Server hopper" with no real proof is kind of short sighted.

i see your Point now!

but if u spawn in at the airfield switching ur flashlight on and immediately start looking for loot

YOU DESERVE TO DIE!!!! dont care if u serverhop or not!

Read the disclaimer.

You are for some reason not expecting to die? You shouldnt get to attached to any one character, it will only hurt you in the long run.

It also sounds like you were killed by lag. You should never allow another player to get within 20 feet of you or you risk getting punched to death.

Really.. it sounds like hacking/teleporting..

Edited by Ori42

I see what DayZ can give me some days, I have caught people in the open and Yelled them down "Freeze mother F, I am Friendly, are you" most of the time I will give unarmed people my primary weapon and a ton of ammo and we team up for a while until with both log and have a lot of fun.

My baby is the .357, then when they add it, it will be my Winchester "Winnie"

In the Mod I only used Winnie, I refused all other weapons and this is no exaggeration, sniper rifles and assault weapons are not my thing.

Then end of Mid Season Break of the Walking dead what was Rick Carrying.... Winchester and a .357, the cool factor is amazing and Winnie in the Mod was a beast.

I am yet to be killed from my kindness and people appreciate it. If you get the opportunity and see the other player first, Draw your gun on them, Yell Friendly, if they do not respond sure. shoot em, but tell them to lower their weapon and not to point it at you. Take control of the situation and have confidence and they will know they wont be harmed.

Outside of my first week I have been treated well. I treat people how I want to be treated and DayZ has only been rewarding.

I can only say the times I don't actively communicate is the times it all goes to plad.

Communication is the first step in forming a working relationship with another player.

See how you go but I can guarantee if you meet me, I will reward you with kindness :)  

If I die, rinse repeat have more fun.

• Like 2

i was standing on the upper floor in the firehouse on NWAF with 2 friends. my mate sayd hey look theres a player outside the building running on on point. he ran to him and hit em in his face... instantly i was unconscius and bleeding on my chest on the upper floor.... he bandaged the player on the outside and my bleedings on the upper floor stops...

its the netcode desync etc... sometimes u can see and kill the copy of ppl...

Oh dear, my character is very old and I am yet to die from anything (touch wood). I am very attached to this character because we have been through a lot together, so there will be long goodbyes and a memorial day when the time comes.

• Like 1

Oh dear, my character is very old and I am yet to die from anything (touch wood). I am very attached to this character because we have been through a lot together, so there will be long goodbyes and a memorial day when the time comes.

It all depends what kind of risk you take in-game.
If you're hiding in the woods with lots of food and water and only visit villages when you need food - you can probably survive for weeks with only 40 players on this map.
If you want action and try to find other players at airfields - it might be harder to stay alive that long,
but we've all different play styles and how we enjoy playing.

However, I must admit the importance to increase the amount of total players to at least 100 on this map.
Edited by Ori42
  • Like 2

Logging in = server hopper ?

At an airfield, yes. It is one of the worst places to log out if you are playing legitimately. Not going to be the first choice of any legitimate player.