Vixoran

KOS, because you play too much Simcity

I try to be a pretty friendly player. At first I would even approach people that had weapons to help them. What makes this game intense and fun for me is the human interaction in it. One of the most rewarding instances in the game for me was when I came across a lone player who was fleeing the coast to survive but only had a hacksaw but nothing else. He was starving to death and I had cans of food but nothing to open it with. I traded him an open can of beans for his hacksaw and we went different ways. Yet even though this occurred on a server that was advertised as no KOS, the next town over I witness a guy running around with an M4 murdering everyone he saw. I avoided the town and went to the next. He followed me and killed me while I was looting some beans.

How I wanted to play this game is to find weapons and help bambis find their own gear and weapons to protect themselves, however, it seems there aren't really any people I want to help out any more.

So what ruins the experience for me, is when you have some asshat that runs around fully armed killing people on sight without warning, just because he can without penalty.

This game has quickly devolved into the free for all fuck fest that I was really hoping that it wouldn't be and as of right now I'm really disapointed that I put $30 into it.

This is pretty much how gameplay in Day Z goes; Respawn, drink from a well, try to avoid people while finding gear, get weapons, fuckfest, respawn.

I thought this game was supposed to be a zombie survival game, not a sociopath circle jerk.

So yeah, as of now, fuck this game and the people in it.

I'm glad to see my KoS tactics root out the weak survivors in Alpha. Now I won't have to deal with as many in the real game. Cya later

Tip of the day:  For every person you leave alive, is a chance for you to be killed

Tip of the day:  For every person you leave alive, is a chance for you to be helped

See, I can do that too.

Tip of the day:  For every person you leave alive, is a chance for you to be helped

See, I can do that too.

If you honestly believe that, you are very naive.

you preconceived opinions are whats ruining the game for you. 

as has been said before, change the way you play. 

This is pretty much how gameplay in Day Z goes; Respawn, drink from a well, try to avoid people while finding gear, get weapons, fuckfest, respawn.

I thought this game was supposed to be a zombie survival game, not a sociopath circle jerk.

Yep, welcome to KOS DeathMatch Permadeath Standalone (uh kinda with a zombie here or there to get the DayZ part of it)

Despite many asshats saying:

When they add bases, there will be less KOS

When they finish the item destruction there will be less KOS

When there's more stuff to do there will be less KOS

When there is............you get the deal

Until there is a Humanity System like the one described in my signature below..........all you will get is lots and lots and lots of KOS.

Welcome to stupid KOSville.

The community/social aspects of this game indeed have devolved but that is HOPEFULLY because there is no real incentive to stay alive as long as possible because there is nothing to really accomplish or any "goals".  Once you are fully kitted for a while its more fun to go deathmatch whether you die or not.  Regearing is somehow more fun than being fully geared with nothing to do at this point in the alpha.

If you honestly believe that, you are very naive.

I'm a medic in game, I go well out of my way to help those who need it, what's naive about that? It's how YOU play the game. Yes there are different styles out there and all players should be careful. Adapt to survive.

Why? Because I find it a hell of a lot more rewarding than simply shooting players, which to me is a cowardly thing and the scourge of gaming in this day and age. Most games are built on the premise of killing others, what a poor reference.

I recall the rocket man himself mentioning that the game needed changing to the point where players will have no choice but to help each other. If they had used more zombies there will be a lot more in which the threat from them would be more deadlier as opposed to other players.

Take into account also shooting players around zombies will undoubtedly attract them, try conserving ammo on servers then when they reset every so few hours. This in itself will promote server hoppers which needs a better fix than a log out timer. (Have permanent day/night cycles on all servers, this will separate men from mice and give players a better playable experience)

End of the day, players com end go. When the KOSers leave due to boredom (as happened in the mod and will happen here) the game will be all the more better for it. That changes coming will make it hard for everyone to play kill on sight except for the dedicated few.

Role on.....

• Like 2

Many points to address here..

For once, the gaming experience is far from complete, so yeah, alpha

As for the sociopathic killers, life in dayz would be dull without them, and i say that as a carebear scavenger medic

My friends who are new to dayz report that they are surprised by the high amount of non-hostile players..

But hey, dayz is not for everyone, and thats good. Did the ruthlessness of the human nature drive you away? Deciding every time whether trust is worth the risk? Working exactly as intended. Thats the appeal to many of us. Have a nice day.

Edit: also what michael said.

Edited by e47

This is the very reason i KoS - the tears on these forums are delicious. Had it not been for the crying i probably wouldn't bother, but it's just too funny. This one german guy wen't completely apeshit over the mic once i shot him.. I loved it!

What's even more fun is to snipe fresh spawns.. Must've capped 30 of them by now. You can really feel the rage coming from them as they try to dodge bullets while yelling "FUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUU"

http://imgur.com/Z5xrprg <3

Edited by Syonco

This is the very reason i KoS - the tears on these forums are delicious. Had it not been for the crying i probably wouldn't bother, but it's just too funny. This one german guy wen't completely apeshit over the mic once i shot him.. I loved it!

What's even more fun is to snipe fresh spawns.. Must've capped 30 of them by now. You can really feel the rage coming from them as they try to dodge bullets while yelling "FUUUUUUUCK YOUUUUUUU"

http://imgur.com/Z5xrprg <3

You are apparently fine with having little to no challenge.

Oh well, then again, the coast is a tricky place in general. It doesn't really matter once you are past it though. So sniping unarmed people on the coast is really just some target practice or wasting ammo, whatever you like to call it.

You are apparently fine with having little to no challenge.

Oh well, then again, the coast is a tricky place in general. It doesn't really matter once you are past it though. So sniping unarmed people on the coast is really just some target practice or wasting ammo, whatever you like to call it.

Believe it or not, the coast i've found to be the most challenging places of them all. It's where peoples go once they're geared up. It's a battlefield, with some collateral damage every now and then.

Believe it or not, the coast i've found to be the most challenging places of them all. It's where peoples go once they're geared up. It's a battlefield, with some collateral damage every now and then.

Hm, well, okay, I guess that's also right, even if I mostly meant shooting players with no real weapon or long range combat capability. But the coast is a killzone anyway, I guess. Bored players move there to shoot people, and friendly people move there to help people. So you basically have a, excuse the language, giant shitfest where you can basically meet anyone.

Hm, well, okay, I guess that's also right, even if I mostly meant shooting players with no real weapon or long range combat capability. But the coast is a killzone anyway, I guess. Bored players move there to shoot people, and friendly people move there to help people. So you basically have a, excuse the language, giant shitfest where you can basically meet anyone.

and that Shitfest clusterfuck is DayZ in all its glory!

Oh ok, bye then. Also, F*ck you too :)

Edited by skazito

Yet even though this occurred on a server that was advertised as no KOS, the next town over I witness a guy running around with an M4 murdering everyone he saw. I avoided the town and went to the next. He followed me and killed me while I was looting some beans..............

How I wanted to play this game is to find weapons and help bambis find their own gear and weapons to protect themselves, however, it seems there aren't really any people I want to help out any more.

Without the Murderer, what purpose would you have in helping bambis to protect themselves? Who or what do they need "protection" from? The zombies???? Don't make me laugh.

Without that guy, your efforts are meaningless and hollow. Without that guy and others like him, there is no need for heroes such as yourself. No need for medics. No need for trading. Everyone can just peacefully run about and gather up every item in the game until everything everyone has is perfect and pristine, running from incompetent zeds that are somehow able to run through solid objects yet are still mostly incompetent. Can you REALLY not understand that without the threat of death and loss this game is no better than fucking FARMVILLE? Minecraft is a more rewarding experience: it takes thought and planning and vision to see your construct come into being. Without an PVP, and yes, that includes CoD kiddies spraying and praying like panicked 12 year olds that got their hands on daddy's AR, the game is NOTHING but a loot simulator.

What in GODS GOOD NAME is the point in gathering all that stuff, if there is not a threat of LOSING IT? NOT ONCE have I died in this game to a zombie. NOT FING ONCE! HELL, the game's buggy PROGRAMMING is more lethal to me than about 90% of the players I encounter.

No, I don't like it when some asshat hides around a corner and uses 3PP to see me coming down the street and blast me. Its cheesy and lame. I WOULD prefer that if a player kill me, he do so in a manner that requires intelligence, preparation, forethought, teamwork, or all of the above. But its still better than the alternative, and even though that guy hiding around the corner in 3PP was a douche, he is STILL part of the reason this game is so fun: actual fear and adrenaline rushes.

AND lastly:

How I wanted to play this game....

Exactly. How YOU wanted to play this game. Stop being selfish....

EDIT:

For the inevitable argument "its alpha, zeds will be more dangerous later on", I understand this. But I still don't think they will be much of a threat. No amount of AI programming will be as dangerous or clever as a human opponent.

Think of it in terms of the Walking Dead tv show: The zombies in the show are almost a non issue. Sort of just THERE. A constant threat, but easily countered. The show isn't about the ZOMBIES. Its about the PEOPLE. Their interactions, growth, conflict, etc.

DayZ is the same way, IMO. The zombie apocalypse is just a BACKDROP, an excuse or premise for the foundation of the game: player interaction. The multitude of possible outcomes. The stories we can create with one another. And a BIG part of all that is the players that kill other players. 

Edited by Crazykage

Unless you're a sadist or a masochist, playing Day Z solo isn't much fun for very long. Find a group (in game or out of game) and the experience completely changes. I play with a good group of guys and we stay busy helping each other when we inevitably respawn and scouting the map to learn it and plan where we want to establish bases when that ability is implemented and we have our own server. I've done the lone wolf thing but it gets old very quickly. Some people (the sadists) go to the coast and start murdering everything that moves. Some find a group and some quit playing the game. Those are really the only options right now. 

I think their needs to be a map made to show "danger zones" basically make the whole coast red, then go to orange just beyond it then yellow beyond that. No green zones just "yeah you can probably still get killed here" and then Zelena, NWAF, and NEAF as big red circles also.

Just play on PVE servers? Why separate servers with zones?

Give it a few month, if you own the game now, I guarantee your experience will be very different. The latest game will come along and take away KOSers, leaving the dedicated explorers and survivors in the servers.

I try to be a pretty friendly player. At first I would even approach people that had weapons to help them. What makes this game intense and fun for me is the human interaction in it. One of the most rewarding instances in the game for me was when I came across a lone player who was fleeing the coast to survive but only had a hacksaw but nothing else. He was starving to death and I had cans of food but nothing to open it with. I traded him an open can of beans for his hacksaw and we went different ways. Yet even though this occurred on a server that was advertised as no KOS, the next town over I witness a guy running around with an M4 murdering everyone he saw. I avoided the town and went to the next. He followed me and killed me while I was looting some beans.

So what ruins the experience for me, is when you have some asshat that runs around fully armed killing people on sight without warning, just because he can without penalty.

This game has quickly devolved into the free for all fuck fest that I was really hoping that it wouldn't be and as of right now I'm really disapointed that I put $30 into it.

Legends say his attitude might've been different if he'd just let the bambi keep the hacksaw so he could open more beans.

Edited by Grimey Rick