Wayze

Why DayZ is no survival game

Side note...

If I'm in tisy and you're in solnichny... If we both ran towards eachother we'd meet up in 15-20 minutes max.

Not sure where you get an hour from. It doesn't take an hour to get anywhere in dayz if you don't want it to.

I also don't know many people who once fully kitted would opt to just kill themselves to meet their buddy.

That's because anyone who's done enough exploring to get geared up understands a 15 minute run isn't much work compared to suiciding and running around for a couple more hours to maybe get what you once had.

I thrive on player interactions. Once my crew gets our gear set we go hunt for groups of people all over the map. Some we fight, some we help, some we have tense situations that end up in the You Are Dead screen and sometimes they end up in a campfire and beefsteak for all.

It took me awhile to convince my friends that even when we travel to meet up we should always be on full servers looking for players. it's what makes this game fun.

Just the other day our group had set out to meet up in vybor. Just as I got there my other three buddies got held up in a barn near novy sobor. I won't get into full detail on what happened but it was a truly amazing firefight and hold out that would never had happened if we weren't traveling on a full server or just suiciding to spawn near eachother.

Anyway, I think the problem lies in the mindset (like others have mentioned) of alot of people who play this game. Zero patience (which would get you killed very quickly in a survival situation) and very little willingness to do a small amount of work (holding your run key down for 15 mins) to achieve what you need to do.

If you can't have pride in how well you survive and be happy with that personal gratification knowing the last death you had was a month ago then this game probably isn't for you.

I highly doubt we'll ever see a "skills" system in this game, but in my opinion it doesn't need one.

• Like 1