thebluefish92

Helicopter crash sites

I found one yesterday near Rog/Por on the road sw of the little town.

Is it just me, or are the spawn rates broken for the crash sites? I found one today with TWO Bizons, 1 DMR, 1 Fal, and 1 M14 AIM...

More times out of not in the last 10~ days it seems a helicopter crash site is more likely to have a high-end weapon(s) than just medical supplies/Stanag ammo etc.

Thoughts?

Found my first downed helicopter today, as I'm loot a DMR+Mags from it I notice another plume of smoke in the distance (both already been added to the map), got loads of medical supplies from the second one, and another one 30 minutes later in the NW Airfield on the SE tip of the Airfield, just inside the wall. Got my first silenced weapon in the game from the third chopper.

Seems downed choppers are like buses, wait for ages and then three turn up at the same time.

Ist it just me or are crash-sites quite useless.

We found 6 so far and only 2 weapons. One useless FN FAL (nightvision) and a hardly worth M14.

I crawled everywhere around the whole heli and checked everywehere and stuff, but hey, they were never even worth the effort.

What am i doing wrong?

We found 6 so far and only 2 weapons. One useless FN FAL (nightvision) and a hardly worth M14.

I crawled everywhere around the whole heli and checked everywehere and stuff' date=' but hey, they were never even worth the effort.

What am i doing wrong?

[/quote']

Just keep at it, we found 3 M107's a AS50 today alone.

From what I've seen there's 3 potential loot spots on each side of the chopper. 1 by the minigun, 1 by the tail rotor and 1 in between them

I crawled everywhere around the whole heli and checked everywehere and stuff' date=' but hey, they were never even worth the effort.

What am i doing wrong?

[/quote']

The gear is easier to acquire on servers that do regular restarts. If your current server has like 12h uptime, chances are someone already looted most of the more obvious crash sites.

Logged on today and right next to me was a downed heli, this was north like 100 meters from the deer stand south west of Kabanino, the deer stand next to the road was the one.

who made this treahd. post the newest information about crashed in first page. not many people are gonna go and serch on last few pages of it

....killed my friend with headshoot. He didn't manage to press alt+f4 in time ....

Enough said right there..

First of all DO NOT RUSH on freshly created servers cos heli crashes apperar randomly within a time' date=' not instantly from server start. They can appear in 3 hours for example.

Second, those places are randomized BUT there are some areas where they like to crash more frequently, for example plain areas.

[/quote']

This is incorrect.

Downed choppers respawn immediately as soon as the server restarts.

sometime it spawn in really hard to spot place like next to a barn in middle of nowhere

Only saw one crashsite, about a month ago - untill last night.

Haven't played for about a week and starting from scratch, I run around for less than two hours with a friend finding 3 crash sites. Now we're bathing in gucci weapons and ammunition again.

I wonder if they changed/added the amount of crash sites?

Not complaining at all but it seems like tech-scoped weapons is the new black.

Well' date=' look at this. Stump jumpin' Jethro is using all three of his brain cells to type. There's nothing sweeter than the tears of bandits who shoot some random survivor in the back in the hope of getting epic loot and then get nothing but a swarm of zombies on their asses because the body with the gear suddenly disappears. I call that karma. And the raging really is most amusing, please don't stop.

[/quote']

got owned so many times that you sold your soul to the alt+f4 scum gods? at least be a man and say it out loud: "i get killed by better players, so i disconnect during firefights. i am a scumbag, and I am proud of it."

And then someone attacked us' date=' killed my friend with headshoot. He didn't manage to press alt+f4 in time (by the way it's so unlucky that I'm again on 3 person server and get attacked in the middle of fucking nowhere xD)

[/quote']

server farmer and alt+f4 scumbag. how do you sleep at night? i would alt+f4 from life if i was that low lol.

I found my first crash site tonight just north of stary. It was rather disappointing, it had NVGS but i got killed probably 2 minutes later by a sniper when i was trying to leave the crash. I never even got to use them:(

We have to keep this thing alive. Scavenger hunts make this game interesting.

If this is true' date=' PLEASE Rocket patch this out and make these sites totally random. Loot farming monkeys are killing this game.

[/quote']

Isn't running through deer stands loot farming? Should they be random too?

If this is true' date=' PLEASE Rocket patch this out and make these sites totally random. Loot farming monkeys are killing this game.

[/quote']

Isn't running through deer stands loot farming? Should they be random too?

Absolutely, server bouncing to deer stands is, and yes, they certainly should.

Only saw one crashsite' date=' about a month ago - untill last night.

Haven't played for about a week and starting from scratch, I run around for less than two hours with a friend finding 3 crash sites. Now we're bathing in gucci weapons and ammunition again.

I wonder if they changed/added the amount of crash sites?

Not complaining at all but it seems like tech-scoped weapons is the new black.

[/quote']

Same experience here. I think they upped the frequency considerably.