Sign in to follow this  
Niner

Longest Surviving Character?

What has everyone's longest survival time been?

My regular server character has survived for roughly three weeks if not longer. 

My hardcore character probably about two weeks. I get on quite often and usually am pretty active (going through Elektro and other big cities.)

Shit, hard to tell without an in game timer/stat. HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE devteam. 

In my opinion days youve had the character in RL doesnt count. Its hours, minutes seconds that I would like to see stats for. Your best time and current time with current character. Always something to strive for. 

• Like 2

Lost counts of the weeks I've been alive. I've mostly explored Chernarus now and right now I'm wandering about heading north on the east coast. Not much going on with my character right now, mostly waiting for the update coming February fifth.

I'm currently moving through the hills of the coast and hopefully making my way into a military base to find more 5.56, only got like a twenty and thirty round mag with eleven rounds to load.

• Like 1

I would say close to 15 in game hours until I (just) died about 5 minutes ago. We think it was a hacker, oh well.

I haven't had time to play the latest update, or even log in in the last week, but as far as I know, my character is still alive. That would put him at about 3 weeks, and probably 30-35 hours of game time.

This was best in human terms he was a round 300.

He got rolled back a couple of weeks ago.

Here he is lying prone above Elektro.- sniping - damn low pop servers.

paul-chesley-ein-skelett-mit-einer-pisto

Edited by Jonah_Hobbes
  • Like 4

Mod DayZ: Seven months

DayZ Standalone: One month and still going

(played every day for both)

Edited by omgwtfbbq

Not long x many. I'm aimin' for the shortest average life span award

Depends on the firefights.. Engaging with well armed players in electro usually promises 1 reset every few days. My goal, overwelm the competition...

DayZ2014-02-0102-01-54-13.png

i freaking miss the .."DAY 21" .. message at the beginn of the game so much
it really made me watch out for my char more 

• Like 1

I don't want to gloat but Ive never died!! Don't know what its like nor do I care as Im too good for the rest of you!!

we need an ingame timer/counter for this like i saw on some mod vids (never played). every other discussion is useless, while people log in for 5min and then dont log for 3 weeks and tell us stories how brave they are...

we need a top100 survival chart too, only then we can compare. end of story.

Hell I am happy if I survive the night when I log on. I usually play for two sessions per day- one to gear up, and the next to go hunting. If I survive my hunting session its a bonus I get to wake up, make coffee and go right to hunting before work :)

• Like 1

Depends on the firefights.. Engaging with well armed players in electro usually promises 1 reset every few days. My goal, overwelm the competition...

DayZ2014-02-0102-01-54-13.png

I agree, it totally depends on what you do and where you go.

It's currently very easy to stay inland and hide, but the fun in this game is going to popular areas and try interact with people.

Its impossible to survive more than a few days doing that. But it's so much fun.

Before the patch rollback I had 14 hours on my survivor char. I tried to avoid hotspots. Now I get geared and stick to Elektro. Life expectancy is roughly 2-3 days and I usually get sniped from the hill, but not before killing some armed in the city.

Shit, hard to tell without an in game timer/stat. HINT HINT NUDGE NUDGE devteam. 

In my opinion days youve had the character in RL doesnt count. Its hours, minutes seconds that I would like to see stats for. Your best time and current time with current character. Always something to strive for. 

Yea, this Standalone lacks of any info regarding the in-game character. I hope they do better on initial release.

Probably about 3 or 4 hours.

Oddly, I've never been killed by a zombie. Not once.

Player, ladders and a memorably lethal set of stairs....then there's that time I teleported about 5 metres forward, straight off a roof like Wile-E-Coyote.

Edited by Trigger Hippy
  • Like 2

I don`t know.

I only know that I got kosed one time in the first day and I killed my self 10 times to check the new spawnpoints. :P

One month? 80 hours ingame?

Edited by NoCheats

I've said before: a "leaderboard" showing longest spawns would be awesome.

Easy to cheat on, but who wants to log in and just...sit there?

• Like 1