Sign in to follow this  
d_b

Chain link sound

Is it just me or does everyone hear the sound of a chain link fence when no one is around or out in the middle of nowhere?

Maybe it's a soundbyte for when your in towns and its bugged? I know when im in the city at 2am and the winds blowing, I hear those chainlink fences. (IRL)

Is it just me or does everyone hear the sound of a chain link fence when no one is around or out in the middle of nowhere?

Hello there

I know that sound well. I dont think it will be around for too much longer. Or at least I hope.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 2

This has been around since the modification. I think it is similar to the bird sounds meaning it is ambient sounds produced by the game occasionally. 

I also wish folks would stop knocking the lids off random dustbins in the middle of forests.

• Like 1

Happens in the woods as well which makes me laugh.

Edited by Mr duke

Its a bit of DayZ ambiance left over from the days of the mod.

Be thankful the horrible grinding sounds are gone. 

It's a holdout from the mod. Anecdotally, I used to think it marked the spawning of a zombie, but that is clearly not the case in the mod.

I hate the chain link fence ambient sound. Most of the time it just makes no sense and annoys me. I am hopeful the ambient sounds will be worked on in the future.

Sounds creepy, you should report this to CCSD (Charnarian Creepy Stuff Department)

no, its just a random in-game sound