d4wn

DEANS serverpolicy - PURE stupidity

why?

if you buy a server, the only job you have is PAY for it!

how does it make sense? i would like to meet him, and show him in a fistfight what i think about it!

• Like 1

Hello there

Its server policy for now.

Why not have a nice cup of tea?

Rgds

LoK

• Like 18

The server rules have been posted since we have had the PRIVILEDGE of renting them. Agree and pay or don't agree and wait.

You aren't buying a server, you are only RENTING it. Conditions apply.

PS: Threats of violence are not called for.

Edited by DJPorterNZ
  • Like 13

why?

how does it make sense? i would like to meet him, and show him in a fistfight what i think about it!

So your willing to go to jail for assault because of a damn video game?

Just dont even rent a server until they give you more options than its that simple.

• Like 7

Dude. Calm your tits. Private servers don't exist yet. When there are provision for them, you may do what bullshit with them you wish.

• Like 3

You have the right to remain silent, anything you post can and will be used against you in the court of interwebz.

• Like 8

Hello there

I could have locked and yarded this thread, but think its worth keeping open for a bit to show those conspiracy theorists some pesky facts.

However:

We dont like rant threads.

We dont like personal insults and especially not threats.

What we do like is reasoned debate.

I may well 'yard this later on.

Rgds

LoK

• Like 4

I personally think it is kind of amusing. In similar threads, OP always make themselves look funny or "dumb" in the end. Not the thing or people they complain about.

That's what you get for posting emotionally. Action - Reaction.

Sounds like someone's mad that they can't kick everyone and loot in peace.

Don't worry, when private servers come about, you can play all alone 'til your heart's content.

• Like 1

Hi.

Wow OP, just a tad o'er the top, no? :D

I do however find the typical 'PRIVILEDGE of renting them' responses rather amusing though. After all, where would this game and all it's players be without those people that actually pay for the servers. If anything, I kind of think its Bohemia that is 'privileged' enough to have the playerbase provide the servers.

Don't get me wrong though, IMHO Bohemia is the best action game devstudio there is, hands-down.

Regards.

Sounds like someone's mad that they can't kick everyone and loot in peace.

Don't worry, when private servers come about, you can play all alone 'til your heart's content.

The only reason i could ever see doing this is to test out base building for things.

Dude, is it just me or is the game in Alpha? Oh wait...it is. Calm down and don't rent one till you can have your little 12 year old tea party with your friends on a private server.

• Like 2

Hello there

I believe (and Ive said this before) the problem is folk think this is DAYZ Mod the Directors Cut rather than an entirely new game and assume there should have been just bugfixing going on.

If that were the case I too might be irritated.

For example, so often on the Steam Forums, I see a thread on Cars and why are they not in this or the next patch.

The "Stand Alone" or "Retail" is a completely different beast although the essence of the gameplay is the same, mush as Take on Helicopters is similar to Iron Front: Liberation.

They are two different entities on a similar platform.

It doesnt excuse rants or threats though, even if they are "fer teh lulz"

Rgds

LoK

Edited by orlok
grammar, baby!
  • Like 5

I'd pay $50 to see Dean choke this guy out.

• Like 13

I'd pay $50 to see Dean choke this guy out.

Now, now, Dallas. Let's raise ourselves a bit higher than the OP shall we?

L

• Like 4

The server rules have been posted since we have had the PRIVILEDGE of renting them. Agree and pay or don't agree and wait.

You aren't buying a server, you are only RENTING it. Conditions apply.

PS: Threats of violence are not called for.

Sorry but handing out the server files to a handful of service providers so they can create a monopoly on the price of renting such a server, is complete bullshit.  I've said it before and I'll gladly say it again, if Bohemia wants to have this much control over servers and their administrators, Bohemia needs to be the ones hosting and PAYING for all servers.  You don't throw out a game for the masses to purchase, and then tell them the masses THEY are responsible for footing the bill.  That's just wrong.

• Like 1

Now, now, Dallas. Let's raise ourselves a bit higher than the OP shall we?

L

So you'll ban people for trolling or questioning you and yet you're encouraging and joking about real life violence?  You clearly do not need to be a mod, sorry.

why?

FIST FIGHT?!?!?!  HAHAHAHAHA

• Like 1

edit... sry poor taste.

Edited by Dallas
  • Like 1

why?

Why won't you people go away?

So you'll ban people for trolling or questioning you and yet you're encouraging and joking about real life violence?  You clearly do not need to be a mod, sorry.

Since when was Dallas a mod? Or were you talking about the mod who was telling him to stop joking about real life violence?

Also, no one is forcing you to rent a server. If you don't want to abide by the rules set by the person who created the game (thus the one who holds precedence in decisions relating to said game), then don't rent and/or buy a server for it?

• Like 1

why?

• Like 3

If you buy a wendy's franchise. Is your only responsibility to pay for it? 

If you buy a car, is your only responsibility to pay for it?

Etcetera etcetera

Edited by Dekartz
  • Like 1

If you buy a wendy's franchise. Is your only responsibility to pay for it? 

If you buy a car, is you only responsibility to pay for it?

Etcetera etcetera

Sorry, seems I'm misunderstanding which side of this you are on. I had a response here, but I believe we might hold the same opinion.

Edited by Gladius270