Sign in to follow this  
rydekk

KoS is acceptable for me.

Here's why;

if i see someone who looks like a threat; i fire

If someone sees me and he finds me a threat; he fires.

I don't think why you should have a cup a tea with a biscuit with everyone you see. and definatly not when you are sure he will fire on you...

• Like 6

I don't think why you should have a cup a tea with a biscuit with everyone you see. and definatly not when you are sure he will fire on you...

+1

I second this.

People just like to rage about their deaths , ''bad losers'' if you want...

I learned the hard way that in DayZ if you want to survive , you have to be selfish and be ready to deal with ANY situations.

Edited by MSFOneBadBastard
  • Like 2

The reason I find it generally acceptable is somewhat pragmatic.

It's really just that standing around with some random idiot chatting in direct is a FANTASTIC way to wind up dead.

• Like 2

We should all be thankful for KoS, its the only thing that makes this game interesting.  Take away the threat of other human players and Dayz is a pretty shitty game.

• Like 2

The reason I find it generally acceptable is somewhat pragmatic.

It's really just that standing around with some random idiot chatting in direct is a FANTASTIC way to wind up dead.

Happened to me once , never going to make the same mistake.

We should all be thankful for KoS, its the only thing that makes this game interesting.  Take away the threat of other human players and Dayz is a pretty shitty game.

Damn , why do you play then if you only like the guns and the dead people...

Get CoD or Battelfield ffs.

If you think that the entire game sucks except for the killing then you are one weird guy...Why do you even play...Seriously?

• Like 1

What would that person look like?  I currently have a character with three firearms and an axe, yet I'm looking for people to help and give some stuff too... it sucks to kill a friendly. 

• Like 1

I try my hardest to never kill anyone.  But it seems like EVERY time I've tried to strike up a conversation recently, they shot me.

What would that person look like?  I currently have a character with three firearms and an axe, yet I'm looking for people to help and give some stuff too... it sucks to kill a friendly. 

anybody with a firearm is for me instant koS. I'm not favoring it, but i can't take the risks.

if i see someone with a melee weapon only, i just hold him up and order him to move the other direction straight away.

good luck firing at me when your a fresh spawn on the coast running to elektro

I never go as a freshspawn to elektro or cherno. I move inland. ^^

anybody with a firearm is for me instant koS. I'm not favoring it, but i can't take the risks.

if i see someone with a melee weapon only, i just hold him up and order him to move the other direction straight away.

Don't. I tried to stop a guy with a fireman's axe but he just started zigzagging at me, so I shot my painted mosin empty, took out my revolver and finally shot him. He got me once though  :lol:

i never rage about a death honestly i usually laugh at how unrealistic the situation is and if i do rage from a death its one caused by a glitch like ladders, stairs and the random getting thrown out windows. i don't care if you kill on site. it just aggravates me because if this is as dean says going to be authentic then it wouldn't happen as much. numbers equal survival but you obviously don't care so why am i bothering. i do have theory that some of you might find a hoot. koser's or people that kill whatever probably lack in the gift of gab. i can bullshit my way out of most things in real life(speeding tickets etc)and in the game i've meet a lot of new spawns/fully geared players and end up running with them. tone of voice,inflection use of certain words helps in properly communicating which i notice a lot of cats lack on here. i never say friendly until i know what the score is usually from tracking watching them for a second. either way if you wanna kill everyone go for it i just hope we are on the same server sometime cause you tools need an etiquette lesson and the only teacher is a bullet. this game is Darwinism at its finest and there are a lot of you that need to die. you probably are under evolved swine who piss there pants on regular basis. how do you play games with out thumbs i would like to know.and yes i know i'm an asshole yet who isn't on these forums

i never rage about a death honestly i usually laugh at how unrealistic the situation is and if i do rage from a death its one caused by a glitch like ladders, stairs and the random getting thrown out windows. i don't care if you kill on site. it just aggravates me because if this is as dean says going to be authentic then it wouldn't happen as much. numbers equal survival but you obviously don't care so why am i bothering. i do have theory that some of you might find a hoot. koser's or people that kill whatever probably lack in the gift of gab. i can bullshit my way out of most things in real life(speeding tickets etc)and in the game i've meet a lot of new spawns/fully geared players and end up running with them. tone of voice,inflection use of certain words helps in properly communicating which i notice a lot of cats lack on here. i never say friendly until i know what the score is usually from tracking watching them for a second. either way if you wanna kill everyone go for it i just hope we are on the same server sometime cause you tools need an etiquette lesson and the only teacher is a bullet. this game is Darwinism at its finest and there are a lot of you that need to die. you probably are under evolved swine who piss there pants on regular basis. how do you play games with out thumbs i would like to know.and yes i know i'm an asshole yet who isn't on these forums

I am,

You fall under that same rule buddy. and if you role with total strangers, i hope you get a bullet in the back of your head.

That's all.

Do we really need to make a new thread every time someone has something to say about KoS for the sake of bean whoring?

guys, seriously...search the forums. There's like 20 of these out there already -.-

• Like 1

Do we really need to make a new thread every time someone has something to say about KoS for the sake of bean whoring?

guys, seriously...search the forums. There's like 20 of these out there already -.-

Jawohl mein führer!

If you think that the entire game sucks except for the killing then you are one weird guy...Why do you even play...Seriously?

The entire game does basically suck in its current state. Even Dean said it's a mess and people shouldn't buy it. It's not really that controversial to say that there's not much to the game right now besides walking around, gathering loot and shooting folks.

Yes, you can play a bit of "pretend" and get together with folks and do goofy shit like starting cults, having "Wiggling" parties, and staging Fight Club style contests between unarmed newspawn but really that's not playing the game, it's playing in the game. You could just as easily load up WoW and get together and play pretend if that's what you want to do.
Edited by ZedsDeadBaby

Why do you idiots always say go play CoD. You are the ones trying to change the game not us. Can't handle PvP in a multiplayer shooter go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures. See when I say it then it actually makes sense because you're the one trying to turn the game into something it's not.

• Like 1

This sums it up good. If you think DayZ is only a PVP shoot everything/everyone game, then you missed the point.

This sums it up good. If you think DayZ is only a PVP shoot everything/everyone game, then you missed the point.

If you think there is a point or some goal or certain things you're supposed to do or not do in DayZ you missed the point. You missed it by about infinity miles.

Edited by Weedz

Why do you idiots always say go play CoD. You are the ones trying to change the game not us. Can't handle PvP in a multiplayer shooter go play Hello Kitty Island Adventures. See when I say it then it actually makes sense because you're the one trying to turn the game into something it's not.

:D   You have a vision of what the game is. Other have different opinions on that subject. The only one who can really say what the game is all about is it's creator, Dean Hall, and the company behind it. Even so, you can feel free to play it the way you want.

But seriously, there's no "good" or "bad" way to play. (except if you cheat/hack)  You'll get to a point in life, maybe, where you'll try to respect others and their way of seeing things, even though you don't see things the same way.

On a side note, it may not be "wrong" to play DayZ with the only intention of finding other players, make it Bambie/fresh spawns or unarmed players and shoot them, but seriously, with all the possibilities found in this alpha, it's pretty narrow minded. There are hundreds of games out there that does that, and better.

If you think there is a point or some goal or certain things you're supposed to do or not do in DayZ you missed the point. You missed it by about infinity miles.

I've been playing the DayZ mod since it came out, and been around the DayZ community since the beginning. Ask Dean. The goal of DayZ is to survive in a zombie apocalypse, where other survivors are somewhat sentient (not all of them) and can choose to kill you for your supplies, help you if needed, or ignore you.

When Dean first created the mod, it was with the intention of making it somewhat close to a survival simulator, where you need to think about your thirst, what water source do you drink, food supplies offered to you and basic survival skills. With all the attention for the zombie genre, he decided to add zombies as a background scenario for the survival aspect. It didn't really change from that.

DayZ is about death. The inevitable. How long and how you'll survive from the time you spawn, till you die, is up to you.

Respect, mister Weedz.

:D   You have a vision of what the game is. Other have different opinions on that subject. The only one who can really say what the game is all about is it's creator, Dean Hall, and the company behind it. Even so, you can feel free to play it the way you want.

But seriously, there's no "good" or "bad" way to play. (except if you cheat/hack)  You'll get to a point in life, maybe, where you'll try to respect others and their way of seeing things, even though you don't see things the same way.

On a side note, it may not be "wrong" to play DayZ with the only intention of finding other players, make it Bambie/fresh spawns or unarmed players and shoot them, but seriously, with all the possibilities found in this alpha, it's pretty narrow minded. There are hundreds of games out there that does that, and better.

I don't have any "vision" of what the game is supposed to be; I'm not the one trying to claim people are playing wrong and that 90% of the players need to go play CoD because they aren't letting you play as a pacifist care-bear in a zombie apocalypse. Feel free to play this way but don't then come spam the forums because you are bad at the game and got seen by a bandit and killed or thought it would be smart to walk up to an armed person. I'm not making claims that people should play a certain way that would be you. I'm saying the exact opposite because that is what the creator, Dean Hall, has said many times. This is a sandbox game anyone can play it however they want. If anyone doesn't like it they can leave and go play a little kid PvP-less co-op game instead of trying to change this one into something it's not and never will be.

Also you've been a forum member for a month and think there is a goal in DayZ so I have a hard time believing you've been around since the beginning.

Edited by Weedz

Here's why;

If someone sees me and he finds me a threat; he fires.

If he looks like a threat = KOS

If he is unarmed fresh spawn = KOS

If I get surprised = KOS

If I want his stuff = KOS

If I want to protect my stuff = KOS

If I am having a bad day because daddy touched me again = KOS

Lots of reasons to KOS.  None not to.

Seems pretty balanced!

Thanks for posting!

I don't have any "vision" of what the game is supposed to be; I'm not the one trying to claim people are playing wrong and that 90% of the players need to go play CoD because they aren't letting you play as a pacifist care-bear in a zombie apocalypse. Feel free to play this way but don't then come spam the forums because you are bad at the game and got seen by a bandit and killed or thought it would be smart to walk up to an armed person. I'm not making claims that people should play a certain way that would be you. I'm saying the exact opposite because that is what the creator, Dean Hall, has said many times. This is a sandbox game anyone can play it however they want. If anyone doesn't like it they can leave and go play a little kid PvP-less co-op game instead of trying to change this one into something it's not and never will be.

Also you've been a forum member for a month and think there is a goal in DayZ so I have a hard time believing you've been around since the beginning.

I never needed to join the SA or MOD forums. Always used our clan/community forum.

I'm not sure you know how to read. You claim "I'm not making claims that people should play a certain way that would be you." in your reply. My post stated "But seriously, there's no "good" or "bad" way to play. (except if you cheat/hack)" So I'm confused. I accepted KoS a long time ago way before the stand alone. I'm saying that there's no right way to play DayZ, but there is a global goal.

And fundamentally, it's a video game mate: If you don't play to have fun, you're wrong. The sole creation of video games, music, movies, books (fictional) is to entertain. We see them as work of arts because of the creation process behind them and the feelings expressed in them. But the purpose is still to have fun.

I said it, and will say it again. To each his own.

There's not enough respect anymore.