roflcopter127@yahoo.com

I Think I'm Too Trusting And Nice.

The video explains itself, but I will set some basic background info if you do not watch the video.

I spawn in Berenzino, check the hospital, both grocery stores and a few residentials with no luck.

I decide to run south instead of North, avoiding the NEAF because of some glitching I heard was happening there.

After a solid 10-15 minute run, I come across a man who (very graciously) gives me a ton of a gear off of someone he shot.

After another 5 minute run to Elektro, I meet a person (whom I have complete ability to shoot if I want) but decide not to, since the person I met prior to him was so nice to me.

I chat for a few minutes in the grocery store and then another random person comes in.  I was not recording because it was uneventful, but then I started to record after a few minutes of talking because the one who had just entered the store was being awkward and silent, so I became worried and started recording.

Low and behold, the 2nd person shoots me in the head randomly and takes my shit, while the other guy (obviously his friend) just stands there.

How can people not feel bad doing this or have any enjoyment?  It was lucky I found the gear so easily and had not earned it, so it didn't feel near as bad.

Not to mention I was on a PVE (No KOS) server, which makes matters worse.  

And please hold comments such as "Well they don't have to abide by those rules of the server!"  or "You should have been on your guard more!" or my personal favorite  "this is Dayz, suck it up!"

I know all of this, but it is still just baffling that I can be so nice and offer to help some guy, just to have his friend come shoot me out of no where. 

Like, why?  I guess you can't stop people from being people sometimes. 

I'm just sharing my story. I'm sure many of you can relate, and I'd love to hear your stories as well!

Edited by Lockdown127
  • Like 3

There is no end-game and to wander aimlessly is not fun, exciting, nor why I (and many others) play games. I am the nicest person in real life; Yet sometimes... I like to bring misery to peoples lives in videogame form. Hearing a child yelling, "Friendly, friendly, friendly!" as I pump round after round of 5.56 NATO into their backs brings me to Nirvana. To liberate a person from their lives and loot, is to live my friend.

• Like 4

The above post is the answer we were looking for.

Thanks for enlighting us, very comforting ! :P

Red

Edited by RedGuard
  • Like 1

Only twice in 70 hours have I met a genuinely nice player. 9/10 times that I try to befriend a survivor they pretend to be friendly up to the moment they have the upper hand. I'm still searching this wasteland for that special someone. 

If anyone has good ideas for meeting actually friendly players outside of the game speak now. 

Nastra, just find an Arma 2 or 3 community, see if they have a DayZ standalone group, befriend them all and make them chums, and your good!

I agree with one part of your title - you are too trusting! But you can never be too nice.

You should have shouted at him to drop his weapon or put it in his backpack, and have your weapon raised all the time in that situation. Have an idea of where they are, try and always keep an eye on them, and assess them via their speech and armament. Sniper rifle Mosin Guy with full camo, ballistic helmet and hunting backpack is most likely a bandit, while nice trusting guy in the raincoat, mountain backpack and whatever-weapon is probably a legit survivor!

You can never know, though...

Entertaining.

Edited by Sanguine88

I used to be trusting and nice. Then came the Water Pump Massacre of 2014... Never again!

Edited by Badass Preacher
  • Like 1

Nastra, just find an Arma 2 or 3 community, see if they have a DayZ standalone group, befriend them all and make them chums, and your good!

I agree with one part of your title - you are too trusting! But you can never be too nice.

You should have shouted at him to drop his weapon or put it in his backpack, and have your weapon raised all the time in that situation. Have an idea of where they are, try and always keep an eye on them, and assess them via their speech and armament. Sniper rifle Mosin Guy with full camo, ballistic helmet and hunting backpack is most likely a bandit, while nice trusting guy in the raincoat, mountain backpack and whatever-weapon is probably a legit survivor!

You can never know, though...

Entertaining.

Why is the guy in mil gear with a mosin a bandit??? thats the gear i usually roll and i am no bandit its the gear that 1 holds more stuff so it is good for a survivour its camo so it makes you harder to spot eg good for avoiding bandits it has some value in protecting you ( balistic helm  although i prefer to rock the green beret).

Bandits can look like anything so can survivours am i ment to rock around in a yellow rain coat so you dont think i am a bandit lol these comments are well infact quite retarded and possible an excuse for you to feel alright about shooting a geared up player and feel you killed a bandit so your not a bandit well sorry  if you didnt find out there a bandit and you killed and looted them guess what your a KOS BANDIT.

Nothing wrong with that but dont complain about them when you are one yourself.

EDIT though the first part of your post is a good idea join a forum of arma/dayz players chat team up people you meet outside game are a safer bet than those in game but you can still meet them in game and its tense will they back stab me lol..

Edited by SoulFirez
  • Like 1

Big tip off when people awkardly answer you in direct. He was joking with his buddy about killing you soon. 

If people get quiet or get to acting strange I generally call it open season. 

• Like 2

Big tip off when people awkardly answer you in direct. He was joking with his buddy about killing you soon. 

If people get quiet or get to acting strange I generally call it open season. 

This i can roll with if i run into you and your friend and we are talking if you have long silence times i give 1 warning maintain chat i dont threaten ill shoot but yeah if you keep going silent to meta game chat ya friend i have to assume the worst and well i am going to kill you .

This can mean you kill some innocent people but not many as the warning i give is clear is it perfect hell no but its a hell of alot better than there wearing mil gear he is a BANDIT hurp durp rubbish..

indeed..but not for the reasons you seem to think.

Those PVE ONLY Servers...if i whoud be a full fledged Bandit id go there and rob the hippys all day long.

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 2

The video explains itself, but I will set some basic background info if you do not watch the video.

I spawn in Berenzino, check the hospital, both grocery stores and a few residentials with no luck.

I decide to run south instead of North, avoiding the NEAF because of some glitching I heard was happening there.

After a solid 10-15 minute run, I come across a man who (very graciously) gives me a ton of a gear off of someone he shot.

After another 5 minute run to Elektro, I meet a person (whom I have complete ability to shoot if I want) but decide not to, since the person I met prior to him was so nice to me.

I chat for a few minutes in the grocery store and then another random person comes in.  I was not recording because it was uneventful, but then I started to record after a few minutes of talking because the one who had just entered the store was being awkward and silent, so I became worried and started recording.

Low and behold, the 2nd person shoots me in the head randomly and takes my shit, while the other guy (obviously his friend) just stands there.

How can people not feel bad doing this or have any enjoyment?  It was lucky I found the gear so easily and had not earned it, so it didn't feel near as bad.

And please hold comments such as "Well they don't have to abide by those rules of the server!"  or "You should have been on your guard more!" or my personal favorite  "this is Dayz, suck it up!"

I know all of this, but it is still just baffling that I can be so nice and offer to help some guy, just to have his friend come shoot me out of no where. 

Like, why?  I guess you can't stop people from being people sometimes. 

I'm just sharing my story. I'm sure many of you can relate, and I'd love to hear your stories as well!

Because, no honor amongst murderers and thieves.

• Like 2

Yeah man, thousands of players are now terribly ruining this game, its hard to play... 84 hours invested now just to end up with nothing.. im sure there are people who have invested alot more time just to get KoS.. QUIT THE KOS AND START ACTUALLY BEING A F**KING BANDIT. I recently said i was going to KoS but i still cant, I dont have the heart but apparently thousands dont mind ruining the game for countless of players

• Like 1

Yeah this happens a lot; which is why I never trust people with their own guns :/ (people with melee weapons are fine so long as they don't come near me)

I'm starting not to trust anyone, I'm in elektro, got a mosin and I spot people running to the building im in. I don't even have my gun raised and I try to talk to them but they just shoot me anyway. So I spawn back in at elektro and loot around a bit, find me an axe and some clothes. I see a person and follow them and they run into the school/office building and I say hi. One of his friends (which I recognized from the first group of bandits that killed me) runs downstairs into the room I was just innocently sitting in and shoots me in the face with a revolver for whatever reason. I go back to elektro yet again, the same 3-4 people are still camping the town killing fresh spawns on a server with less than 10 people on at a time. They ended up killing me 3-4 times just for getting in their line of sight or simply saying hi. I saw dead bodies of other fresh spawns scattered around the town too.

I understand theres no end-game features but killing fresh spawns when they say hi to you? Thats just being rude. If you want to kos maybe go to a 40 pop server, or can you just not handle that and have to go after the people trying to avoid the kos'ers? I find it hard to trust anyone in this game anymore.

why are you going to elektro....especial on NA Servers...

elektro is a shithole.

I don't think it matters where you go, you'll get shot in the back where ever you are. In this case, shot in the face.

Nah...we stoped playing on regular Servers and only do it "hardcore". :D

The changes are significant. I urge you to try. From the 10! Encounters we had the last 3 days:

5 - friendly and trading ( initiated contact, talked first, than leaving cover while lookingout for my mate )

2 - talk and wishing well ( but hold em up at gunpoint, check whats the deal is )

1 - held up and made giving us his vest and clownmask ( we threw the mask in the woods )

1 - a axemurderer out of nowhere ( but that was funny and a perfect ending )

1 - i was chaced by a Group of 3 rather fresh spawns  and they exclaimed "we gonna kill you motherfucker, you know ist gonna happen"  i just screamed at my friend in TS to come closer ( he couldent see much, stil alot of bloodloss at this Point for him ) and jogged into his direction all the while replying to my hunters "yeah whatever mate, you wont kill me today".

I turned a Corner and my friend is in the fucking middle of the road  ( epic rescuer style )...i pass him and he pumps them full of lead....whos the dumb motherfucker now...haha ( also, dont chace someone too far even if you have 2 friends with you...you had a shovel and the others nothing...shame..you could have lived and we even whould have given you Food..but noooon...so subsequently you had to die. Oh and the bigmouth that was right behind me with his shovel combat logged, yeah right... )

Oh and Encounter X = the Massaker... :D

all in all...good times.

in hindsight, it was the best decicion to leave regular mode behind..best fucking decission...

Edited by {Core}BlackLabel
  • Like 1

I personally had the same issue, I had been to friendly in to many occasions.

About 9/10 times I encountered a fellow survivor and wanted to have a nice friendly chat I got KOS'ed whenever they had the possibility.

Nowadays I treat every person I encounter as a potential enemy, I will shoot if I don't trust the person or if he/she doesn't react accordingly.

I considered myself a nice and friendly guy, than dayz happened to me... Survival of the fittest ;)

Hey OP and other survivors

I know it sucks getting killed this way as I used to play exactly like you in the mod

Over a year and a half I had to learn how to survive and how to interact with others

Here is a video I made not long ago, it will help you to learn some techniques on how to approach and handle other players and what to look out for

youtube.com/watch?v=Z-8NQZetsco

• Like 2

Only twice in 70 hours have I met a genuinely nice player. 9/10 times that I try to befriend a survivor they pretend to be friendly up to the moment they have the upper hand. I'm still searching this wasteland for that special someone. 

If anyone has good ideas for meeting actually friendly players outside of the game speak now. 

im in a couple of groups send me a message if you want

One is TMW (trusted medics of wasteland) I am a recruit there

another is TalkGeek, a friendly community of gamers

I always play friendly, helpful, I don't shoot on site unless I get shot at, or if they don't respond over voice, I will shoot. I like to get into the survival role, so I don't server hop or do tricks to get all the loot. Play fairly :)

Edited by AgentNe0
  • Like 1

I can't believe that no one said this yet..

According to the server hosting rules, you are not allowed to have a no PVP policy on the servers. That is an official rule set by the DEV-team.

Sure, the server owner can set PvE in the server name, but they are not allowed to take action against PvP'ers on the server. If they do, the server can and most likely get removed and the user who rented the server will NOT get a refund.

Read more here.

Edited by Whistler2k4

I can't believe that no one said this yet..

According to the server hosting rules, you are not allowed to have a no PVP policy on the servers. That is an official rule set by the DEV-team.

Sure, the server owner can set PvE in the server name, but they are not allowed to take action against PvP'ers on the server. If they do, the server can and most likely get removed and the user who rented the server will NOT get a refund.

Read more here.

People have said that and moaned about it loads in the server threads. Its not a big deal they want a friendly server, then let them, and people wont get kicked due to what you said. i think the ones moaning about it are PVP players/ bandits and are scared they wont have enough people to troll. And like the other guy said most of them don't dare to play in Hardcore.

Edited by AgentNe0

www.rehabgaming.co.uk are a friendly bunch, (we dont wear Trousers) We have an open TS for anyone that wants to play with us........Dont be shy

Stay strong, there are others out there who are nice just like you, like the one you met.